[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This little 30mm cocksusker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Hello everyone!
I have problems with Sigma 30mm A, front- and missfocus at distances after 2m and i see no way to fix that shit.
1) Camera fix +15 is needed to bring indinity back but any other distances are out of focus now, great. Focusing before 2m works great.
2)Fucking dock-station can provide only 0.3m, 0,4m, 0.6m and infinity marks, great. First three don't need any calibration but when i use the last one, areas from ~ 1-2m are missfocused.
I'm fucking tired from this bastard. Optics and build quality are great, but focus problems really freak me out.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
>>
>>2704346
If you're using it on a DSLR, you might need to make use of microadjustment settings, DSLR are picky.

If you're using it on a mirrorless camera, I think you should send it in for service.
>>
>>2704346
a7ii + new firmware.
do it faggot.
>>
>>2704372
I'm using Canon 50D
With camera microadjustment i can get either infinity working or 0.3-2m distance, not both.
>>
And same problem with 35mm. Looks like i have just bad camera-lens pair or it just shitty AF, but i'm not luck with it.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3502775
>>
Yes, this lens has a big focusing problem, it's well known.
>>
Now I'm somewhat relieved I went with Pentax native 35mm instead of this one. Pentax is slower but sharp and reliable through all the range.
>>
>>2704466
You mean on DSLR (maybe Canon DSLR specifically?)?

It seems to work fine on my Sony.
>>
Send both the camera and the lens in to be calibrated
>>
>>2704372
full frame camera, for a crop lens?
don't be an embarrassment anon
no one wants to see your watercolor sludge corners
>>
>>2704651
There is only shitty Online trade service as Sigma representatives in Russian only. Last time i sent them new sigha 10-20, they scratched the lens inside and outside.
I just wonder wtf dock station can't allow you to choose more then 4 distance marks, it's just stupid. I need just 2 fucking points at 2m and infinity, no more.
>>
>>2704763
Sounds like lens misalignment. Some of the internal parts must've moved out of alignment. You can try disassembling and reassembling but I doubt it will be any better. Really the only thing you can do is send it in. Maybe try an EU service online and send it in via post.
>>
>>2704886
I dunno, maybe. Byt the lens works great at short distance before ~2m. Infinity mark is next to it, looks like it can't set focus with needed accurasy here.
>>
That is the reason, why to buy canon or nikon original lenses :) Try to sell this bastard and buy something better...

By the way, where exactly are you from?
>>
>>2704904
Russia, Saint-Peterburg.
Bad things i like this lens, but focus problems... It's too late to bring em back to shop, so i can only sell it to another photofag :3
And nearest Canon lens is 28mm f/1.8 -slower and with worse build quality...
>>
>Canon EF 28/1.8 USM
>released 20 years ago
>no new versions
Thanks you, Canon. Even Nikon has cheap 35/1.8
>>
Hai, gaiz! He is using manual focus at infinity with AF lens! What a faggot, look at him!
*me_now*
>>
>>2704907
are you interested in taking photos about abandoned places? (sry. for offtopic)
>>
>>2705932
Maybe, but not strongly sure.
>>
>>2704909
just get the new tampon 35 1.8
>>
>>2705978
That shit costs 6 times as much as a standard crop 35 1.8.
>>
Search for Ken Rockwell's coolstorybro video interview on Youtube about his award winning photo of the Grand Canyon at sunset.

If you can get past of him gulping his own saliva without throwing up, he goes full autistic about his awareness of his front (or back, cant remember) lens at the time and how he needed to set the focus elsewhere to get what he wanted in focus. He has awesome lens reviews on his website (im sure the story is also posted there), and hes a good guy though.

If that doesnt work, send it in or sell it on.
>>
>>2705990
Looked it up myself
https://youtu.be/f2S8-9pEpDc
Good luck
>>
>>2705978
>overprice
>1,8
Not now, tamron.
>>
>>2705995
sony a best
>>
>>2705957
ahhh shit. I'm searching a buddy who can speak russian for some trip to RUS...
>>
>>2706905
blyat
>>
>>2706924
curva
>>
>>2706972
shh poland
>>
>>2706973
nic polsky
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.