[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we, for once, agree that the most important thing in photography,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: f958c9c0de2234f7247cfaca1defce38.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f958c9c0de2234f7247cfaca1defce38.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
Can we, for once, agree that the most important thing in photography, is what you photograph?
I mean, you can spend hundreds of dollars on fancy cameras and gear, but what it really comes down to, is what's in the picture.
>>
Subjective.
>>
>>2703480
Nope. Good gear can make any mundane little shit object look nice or interesting.

I got my D800 for free, with three gold-ring Nikkor lenses, and I mostly just snapshot random crap in auto mode, so I should know.
My pictures can look really nice despite me not knowing shit or even putting any real effort into the shot.
Lightroom also helps.
>>
Well. You could also have the best gear available, the most perfect motive and you still could screw it big time.
No.
The most important thing in photography is your eye. Your skill. Your experience .
>>
I don't think anyone with half a brain would assert gear is the most important part of photography.

Yes, photographing "interesting" things is a very big part of photography, but so is adding your own interest and perspective to an image.
>>
>>2703480
Definitely not, I'd put subject at the very bottom of my list of priorities in taking a photo.

Are you documenting something or are you creating art is the key question to answer here, if you're not documenting, then what purpose does the subject hold.
>>
>>2703485
You really needed to let us all know you're a lucky shit huh?
>>
>>2703490
Yes :3
Also notice the bit where I explicitly say that I use this expensive equipment for snapshits.
>>
File: bug.jpg (1 MB, 2784x1904) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
1 MB, 2784x1904
>>2703480
Having good gear makes you get your image across properly. It doesn't make a good photo, but its hard to take a good photo without good gear.

Some would say its not what's in the photo but what the thing in the photo "says". I like both, sometimes artsy shit is fun, but sometimes bugs are fun.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelWB250F/WB251F/WB252F
Camera SoftwareFW Ver 1307032
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)32 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:06:21 14:50:57
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/3.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length5.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4320
Image Height3240
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2703480
Yes but most people See photography as a way to play with expensive gadgets, thats why there are so many snapshits and so few salgados etc
>>
>>2703485
Not good gear, good composition and light you gearfag
>>
>>2703536
I was mostly joking, Anon.
I'm just surprised at how much easier it is to shoot what you envision when you have good gear.
I expected the introduction to be much harder.
>>
f8 and be there. it werks. also, knowing where to stand.
>>
>>2703484
Agreed.

Because the technically correct answer is light and nobody is going to say that.
>>
File: FUJI7253_v1.jpg (1 MB, 1570x1070) Image search: [Google]
FUJI7253_v1.jpg
1 MB, 1570x1070
It depends.
>>
>>2703499
That's nice anon. I got all my expensive equipment by being good at what I do and making money.
>>
>>2703579
Good answer muh man, earning your shit is a far greater feeling than it being handed to you.
>>
>>2703567
>dat ere in de background meks it look like a unicorne
>>
Yes of course, the most famous and 'best' photos are shitty quality, taken with laughable gear compared with today's standards
>>
>>2703485
>auto mode
no auto mode in D800
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.