[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I mostly shoot film, and I also have an OM-D EM-5 with an ok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: frontview.jpg (105 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
frontview.jpg
105 KB, 1024x768
I mostly shoot film, and I also have an OM-D EM-5 with an ok but not great 45mm prime, but I want to get a DSLR to pick up some basic portrait jobs. I was thinking about getting a Canon 5D and a nice 50 1.8 as that seems to be the most affordable way into quality FF. I could also probably swing an 85 1.8.

Is the 5D still a respectable camera or would that just be a waste of money at this point, it being 10 years old and all?
>>
>>2701172
go to the gear thread, you fucking poon, REEEEEEE
>>
>>2701172
It's as good as it was when it was first released.

Unless you're doing long-exposure star trails, it surpasses 35mm in every way except maybe dynamic range. Think of a a 3-FPS motor-drive SLR with AE and a never-ending roll of film.

Read the sticky and use the gear thread next time.
>>
make sure you get one where the mirror's been fixed - Canon won't fix them for free anymore...
>>
>>2701279
Source?
>>
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-offers-free-fix-for-5d-mirror-detachment-issue-27496

"The issue was first reported in the UK in 2009 but the after-sales service period for the 5D will end on 30 September 2015. So, if you're going to get your camera repaired you only have until then to get it sorted."
>>
I have an a7s and all the fd lenses I could ever want and I still want the 5D even though I have no use for it anymore

>great white buffalo
>>
File: _MG_1141.jpg (399 KB, 828x1000) Image search: [Google]
_MG_1141.jpg
399 KB, 828x1000
I have the 5d, its a great camera, but you wont recover a lot from the shadows.

I still use one as second camera at weddings and its iso is pretty usable from 800-3200 it gives you good pictures if they are well exposed. (Gear fags wont agree with this)

Anyway remember this was the first affordable and usable camera canon made. ITS PRETTY GOOD and can stand a lot of damage.

This picture was taken with the 5d

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
PhotographerPatricio javier
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:11:08 10:52:01
ISO Speed Rating200
>>
>>2701831
How do you cope without autofocus lenses? What do you shoot generally?
>>
>>2702106
Not the same anon, but I have a few manual focus cameras and the focusing screen on them is specifically designed to make it possible to take dead sharp images without any assistance. The screen usually will have a ring of microprisms that "pixelate" when the image is out of focus and disappear when the image is focused. In the center, a split image is always sharp (unless you're extremely off) and the goal is to line up the two images to get a sharp picture. Between the microprism and the split image, it makes it easy to use a manual focus camera. The biggest hurdle is getting your brain to adjust.
>>
>>2702106
focus peaking.
>>
Thinking of grabbing one just for a cheap second full frame camera for weddings.
What's the autofocus like? Specifically compared to a 6D?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.