[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Universities for studying photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (11 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11 KB, 225x224
Any recommendation , RIT is a good option ??
>>
are you talking about undergrad or graduate photo programs?
>>
undergraduate
>>
i'd say it depends on the kind of photography you're interested in - for example fashion schools have strong photo depts that focus on fashion photography, universities with strong journalism schools likely have good documentary & photojournalism resources, etc. what specifically are you aiming to do with a photography bfa?
>>
I expect to have a major in photo journalism or photography for advertisement
>>
be sure to email or phone admins/ deans involved in the photo dept at the universities you're thinking about, explain your interests and ask if you'd be a good fit. Ask lots of questions so that you can make an informed decision. maybe consider RISD too, I know they're supposed to have a really good bfa photo program. I don't know anything about RIT.

how old are you? I'd also be certain to research the other strengths of each college since you could easily change your mind once you actually start taking classes.
>>
I am 18 years old , but i am an international student so i think i should take a gap year to make a good decision.
>>
I am 18 years old , but i am an international student so i think i should take a gap year.
>>
>>2699560
well I can tell you for a fact that administrators will be happy to answer your questions if you show enthusiasm about their school - and if they aren't, I'd say it suggests something negative about the student/admin dynamic of the university. By far your best bet is to contact people and find things out for yourself. You'll certainly get better info than you would on 4chan.
>>
jajajaj that´s true but i expect to hear personal opinions and experiences of graduates
>>
i would think that looking at this board for 5 minutes would sharply disabuse anyone of the notion that even one person on /p/ has received any kind of formal education in photography.
>>
i had faith to find a graduate or an adviser
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.