[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I currently have a DSLR setup and hate all mirrorless options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1347908702_1024x1024.jpg (64 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1347908702_1024x1024.jpg
64 KB, 700x700
I currently have a DSLR setup and hate all mirrorless options

Should I switch to Leica?
>>
>>2699447
If you want one, go ahead, do whatever you want.

Use the gear thread next time.
>>
>>2699447
protip: leica is mirrorless
>>
>>2699447
Which Leica would you get?
>>
yes
go on
>>
>>2699447
sure
>>
They're pretty fun.

The biggest adjustment for me is that I keep turning the aperture ring instead of the focusing ring.
>>
Try a cheap film rangefinder first. You may not like the style of shooting.
>>
OP here,

I shoot professionally (architecture) apart from the lack of tilt shifts.... I dont see a downside to switching to Leica,

Are there any native Leica M lenses? Are there any workarounds for adapting shift lenses to Leica M?

Is Leica shit weather sealed?
>>
>>2699759
The Leica have tilt-shift lenses, but only for the S camera as far as i'm aware. It would just require a simple adapter, if it's the M series, you're interested in.
As for weather sealing, I got a M6 from '89, and i've been out in the pouring rain and snow with it and have had no problems. From what i've heard from the people a know the shoots digital, they don't have any problems with their cameras, besides the battery will last less time, but that goes for all cameras. i'd say as long as you don't go swimming with it, you should be pretty good.
>>
File: P1020779b.jpg (188 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
P1020779b.jpg
188 KB, 1000x750
>>2699759
If you want movements a rangefinder is going to put you at a massive disadvantage. they are just not that type of camera. you could probably work something with a visoflex but then you are working with a sort of half assed SLR. The S system as >>2699773 mentioned is just a SLR on steroids, it has the best viewfinder I have ever seen on any camera ever but I have lots of things I would buy before a $30,000 camera.

if you are just looking for better quality than the DSLR then go MF or LF, digital options are available for both but come with their own issues
>>
>>2699818
wouldn't it be possible to use an adapter and a tilt and shift from another brand, with the newest Leica, since it have liveview?

Not op, it was just a thought and you seem to know your shit.
>>
>>2699759
This whole post is hilarious. Thank you so much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.