[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I recently got into photography because I've always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1446240349023.jpg (448 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
1446240349023.jpg
448 KB, 1024x678
Okay, I recently got into photography because I've always loved the look of film photography and one day came across a Pentax K1000 at a thrift shop and decided to give it a shot. I haven't been at it for very long and have only shot one roll of film...I've picked up another camera since then and I just got a bunch of film so I can really try to jump into it.

My problem is...What's holding me back...Is that I get this weird foggy head feeling and my left eye gets blurry no matter how long I use my cameras...Even if it's only for a minute. I've started keeping both eyes open to at least prevent the eye problems, but I'm still getting these head feelings. It doesn't really feel like a strained feeling and I wouldn't call it a headache...More like a foggy, fatigued feeling. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Is there any way to prevent this?

(attached picture not mine, obviously)
>>
>>2699290
That's funny. I got the same thing for a while when I used an old camera I cleaned up. I was a little concerned it might be from mercury or something from the old corroded battery that was left in there but that's pure speculation.
>>
>>2699291

Well, I replaced the batteries with new ones. I've read that some old lenses are radioactive, but I don't think that's what it is.
>>
>>2699290
>not using his iphone and posting on instagram.
>>
>>2699292
enjoy your eye cancer
>>
>>2699306
>>2699309

Thanks for the tips, guys.
>>
I'm just going to go ahead and bump this and add that I went out shooting yesterday and didn't seem to have these problems. It seems to be more of an issue when using my cameras indoors.
>>
you dumbasses are just squeezing your eyes to tight
>>
>>2700466

Well, no, that was what I originally thought, but I did note that I started keeping both eyes open and was still having the problems except for the blurred eye problem.
>>
>>2699290
Is the viewfinder out of alignment? When my diopter gets messed up, I get weird feelings that might be like that.
>>
>>2700492

No clue...Is that easy to check and fix myself, or should I take it to the camera repair shop near me?
>>
>>2699290
Do you wear glasses at all? Sounds like it might be eye strain, I sometimes get it with rangefinder cameras. Sorry to hear you're having problems mate.
>>
>>2700508

I do wear glasses...I keep them on while using my camera, otherwise I can't tell if the picture is focused. Is there a way to remedy this?
>>
>>2700511
Not really, modern cameras have adjustable viewfinders to accommodate for vision that needs correction.

You've 3 options
>Camera with adjustable-dioptre viewfinder
>Contacts
>Some sort of attachment which grants your cheapo 35mm SLR an adjustable viewfinder. I don't know if these exist.
>>
>>2700514
Or, of course, LASIK lmao
>>
>>2700511
I think so, but it's not something I've ever had to do myself. Eye strain is like over stretching a muscle to reach something on a high shelf...you can get the think on the shelf, but your arm will hurt later.

Look into dioptres with different numerical values. I don't know quite how they work to be honest, but it should be a decent starting point to look it up. Try googling something like "camera viewfinder glasses" and see what comes up. Failing that, try not to push your eyes too hard. I can get by on a rangefinder by just relaxing and not looking so hard.
>>
>>2700514
>>2700523

Okay...Thanks guys. I guess I'll just go to the camera shop and see if they can recommend any solutions.
>>
>>2699290
Try using your other eye, it may be your dominant one.
>>
>>2700793
Yeah. I didn't get any head feels, but I couldn't nail my focus at first. Then I remembered trying out archery when I was a teen and finding out I'm left-eye dominant. Starting to use my left eye definitely helped!
>>
>>2700805
I found out doing archery as well.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.