[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How silly would it be to invest in a new Pentax setup when the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: PENTAX-ALL.jpg (326 KB, 1340x894) Image search: [Google]
PENTAX-ALL.jpg
326 KB, 1340x894
How silly would it be to invest in a new Pentax setup when the K1 gets released?

Currently I shoot Nikon, I have been having some issues with Nikon for the last few months (D810 having to go back for repair 7 times in 2 months) I am seriously contemplating a switch to CANON.. But am also thinking about giving Pentax a shot.. But am worried that giving Pentax a shot is basically throwing money into an already dead system..

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2015:02:05 20:23:27
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1340
Image Height894
>>
Pentax has been said dead for some years and yet they are making money. I think they are stepping up their game with the 645Z and the K1. There will be better service options too. I heard the full frame is delayed because they have to fix some flaws and really want to deliver a good product. I would only change system if the price was right and it fulfills your needs.
>>
Are you shooting professionally, and make use of NPS/CPS? If so, no.
>>
>an already dead system.
You are retarded and this thread is just bait for other retards to tell you how right you are so you can all be blissfully retarded together.
>>
>>2699287
>D810 having to go back for repair 7 times in 2 months

How is that even possible given Nikon's slow service speed?

I smell a shill.
>>
>>2699287
why is it dead?
you can get fa lens and use it.
>>
>>2699426
As well, if you get the FA* lenses, you can get f/2.8 constant aperture power zoom lenses
>>
>>2699287

unless you really hate Nikon or have very few lenses, no reason to change systems to anything else.

that said, pentax fucking rocks, and while people like to keep calling them a dead system, they have been doing it unsuccessfully for decades now.

pentax has a limited lens selection for specialty lenses, but they do a good job of covering everything the majority of prosumer owners would ever need, and all the aftermarket lenses available for canikon is available for it as well. the bodies just kick all kinds of ass, and are rugged as hell.
unless there are specific holes in the lens selection that affect you, they are a great choice.

what people don't realize is that pentax doesn't have to give any fucks about making tons of money on consumer imaging.
most of their business is in medical and other optical/imaging markets. that and payments from nikon and canon and others.
you see, they have licensed a lot of their patents. even to nikon.

pentax ain't going anywhere, no matter how little or huge their consumer market share is.
>>
>>2699426
Dead... more like stillborn.

I bet K1 won't even have 4K video capability.
>>
What if anon prefers quality over quantity, look at various lens systems, and then tell me the ratio of good, sharp lenses, to shitty plastic junk zooms
>>
>>2701158
I still shoot on an old K-5 know that Pentax has their fair share of shitty plastic zooms.
>>
>>2701158
Which lenses do you see at the top of DXO?
Nikpn lenses.
Sony Lenses.
Canon lenses.
>>
File: 20150112-IMGP0501-2.jpg (367 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
20150112-IMGP0501-2.jpg
367 KB, 665x1000
K3 has some chops. Exposed for the window. Here's the original...

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Macintosh)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:01:12 19:30:29
Exposure Time0.8 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
File: 20150112-IMGP0501.jpg (693 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
20150112-IMGP0501.jpg
693 KB, 665x1000
>>2701376

And the final shot. One exposure as a test.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Macintosh)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:01:12 19:25:14
Exposure Time0.8 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
Pentax is my favorite camera company. I would always be in favor of choosing the Pentax option, but that's just because of how happy I've been with their stuff.

https://youtu.be/sXv2HTQCK6k
>>
>>2699305
>>2700002
/thread

Like Pentax this thread keeps going after it's been pronounced dead.

If you shoot professionally and want full frame it would be very silly to switch. You can give pentax aps-c a try which many consider a good alternative to other brands.

I'd wager the K1 will be a beta product. Not until K2 or K3 will it be something ready for professional use. If you don't shoot professionally then Pentax is always a good alternative.

Today Sony, Canon, and Nikon might be the brain, body, and eyes of photography but Pentax will always be the heart.
>>
>>2701371
Does dxo look at actual real world images such as things like macro, portraits, and landscapes? Also, even then, I think it sorts by popularity and by brand, as well as the fact that all three of those companies have higher megapixel bodies already available compared to Pentax
>>
File: 1.png (113 KB, 1320x922) Image search: [Google]
1.png
113 KB, 1320x922
>>2701396
>Also, even then, I think it sorts by popularity and by brand
Less is more. The less meaningless objections you put up, the better for your argument.
>>
>>2701384
there is already a k3.
>>
>>2701412
GGG
>>
>>2701412
There is no K3. There is a K-3. There is a K2 however. I though it would be called the K1 but it is called the K-1.

To be clear I meant the second and third version of the K-1.
>>
>>2701438
autism.
i doubt they would call it a k3.
unless pentax is autistic.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.