[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey there, i'm looking for a nice prime lens, but i don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: D3S_5230-1200.jpg (230 KB, 1200x1094) Image search: [Google]
D3S_5230-1200.jpg
230 KB, 1200x1094
hey there, i'm looking for a nice prime lens, but i don't have much money. I have a nikon d5100, help me!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
The 35mm f/1.8 DX. Now delete this thread and use the gear thread in the future.
>>
>>2699162
truth
>>
>>2699158
tampon 35 1.8
>>
>>2699158
ive got a d5100 too, the only prime I have is the 50 1.8D for portraits and what not. However the only con I'd say, is you can't autofocus on DX bodies. I also have a film camera so it works well for me. I would however suggest you save up for a FX body, and but 24 (2.8D?) and 50 1.8D. With those two and a kit lense, you'll be set for the years to come.
>>
>>2699233
>However the only con I'd say, is you can't autofocus on DX bodies.
You mean on D3x00 and D5x00 bodies. The D7x00 bodies have an autofocus drive.
>>
I've had a Canon 50mm prime lens for ages, but I'm not very good with it.
>>
>>2699233
you're just wrong about so many things
>>
>>2699158
50mm 1.8 and 35mm 1.8 are reasonably cheap for DX. I'm in the same situation and only deciding which focal length i like more.
>>
You could also wait for the yongnuos copies. First they will release the 50mm f/1.8, then a 35mm f/2.

They will probably be vwey cheap.
>>
I have a D5100 also, my only prime is a 50 1.8g, thinking of getting a 35 1.8 for smaller rooms. I use FX lenses so I don't have to rebuy lense when I go FX.
>>
>>2699158
the old 50mm nikkor is good, just make sure you have the af/mf switch on the front. i made a pleb mistake and bought it for my 3200. it is great, but a huge hassle. blad
>>
smegma 18-35 1.8
>>
>>2702490
D3300 has it as well.
>>
>>2705484
No it does not. D3300 can only use AF lens that has the focus drive motor built into the lens. You were thinking of the Pentax cameras where all of them has the screwdrive focus
>>
i have the 50mm 1.8 g for my 7100 and its awesome!
>>
Wait till black Friday.

Nikon's selling the 35mm 1.8 and 85mm macro as a kit for ~$400 (regularly ~$730).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.