[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get colours into an image like this? And before somebody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 32754731745---indian-a.jpg (909 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
32754731745---indian-a.jpg
909 KB, 1280x960
How do you get colours into an image like this?

And before somebody just say curves i have tried everything i can think of with curves and it looks nothing like that.

If you think it can be done with curves, please show the curve.
>>
Heres a ref image to try it on and what you normally get just messing around with curves.
>>
>>2697281
Why does she have a mini katana on the left butt cheek?
>>
>>2697283

Unsure, this guys photos always have weird stuff like that on them, pretty sure that blue stuff top right is painted in, also looking at the left corner, looks like its not painted over while the rest of the image is.
>>
Adjust the color channels. Add orange saturation, darken the orange tones, increase increase luminance. Do the same with the yellows, blues, and reds.

There are many ways to achieve that look. This is just one of them.
>>
>>2697285

where in photoshop can you select oranges?

Also do you mean the channels tool?
its just RGB for me?
>>
File: 19823158214---words-of-wisdoma.jpg (400 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
19823158214---words-of-wisdoma.jpg
400 KB, 683x1024
Heres another image, it really looks like something is being painted over the image.

Any thoughts on how to get this look?
>>
>>2697281
He did a piss poor selection (look at the grass in left), then it looks like he played with the color levels to shift both yellow and red toward orange, increased saturation globally, then ms paint to add blue to the top
>>
>>2697289
A lens flare brush or light leak fakery can do that.

Add a layer, paint some orange on it, then dick with the blending mode and opacity
>>
>>2697289
I dunno, looks like just some dodge and burn in most places-- but yeah, could be any number of blend layers, mix in some lens flares if you're feeling ballsy.
>>
>>2697304
Yeah, definitely some d&b, but look at the distribution of the orange in the image. It's not even or a gradient. It's easiest to do that with another layer in like soft light/low opacity.
>>
>>2697308

Yeah i just painted in orange and set the blend mode to soft light and reduced the opacity and it looks kind of close.
>>
>>2697281
>censored nips
just use paint tool
>>
File: tumblr_mba9y7cE9N1qeoz8ro1_1280.jpg (958 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mba9y7cE9N1qeoz8ro1_1280.jpg
958 KB, 1280x960

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelNEX-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)37 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width683
Image Height1024
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2012:10:02 13:50:50
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness7.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height960
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 1446628315712.jpg (985 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1446628315712.jpg
985 KB, 1280x960
Took me like 5 seconds with curves

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelNEX-7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)37 mm
Image Width683
Image Height1024
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:11:04 02:37:57
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness7.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Image Width1280
Image Height960
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2697327
>>2697347
Why are you deliberately fucking up a photo? Like wouldn't it look better in natural colours?
>>
>>2697359

The original was fucked up to begin with m8; regardless OP wanted to know/was skeptical upon how to change colours via curves.
>>
>>2697347

This still looks heavily processed.

There is no way the raw looked like that straight out of camera.
>>
File: 32754731745---indian-azz.jpg (868 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
32754731745---indian-azz.jpg
868 KB, 1280x960
because there is blown white and black i can set the black and white points in curves to take out the colour grading.

And i get this.

Its not just a curves colour adjustment, there is more going on like stuff getting painted in.
>>
you need to use split toning as well as curves, i think the shadows are red and the highlights are yellow.
>>
File: the shit everyone asks about.jpg (243 KB, 1268x902) Image search: [Google]
the shit everyone asks about.jpg
243 KB, 1268x902
on top of that maybe a texture layer and some blended gradients

i mean shit, it's not rocket science, just mess with the sliders and try being creative

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:07:07 18:10:23
Image Width1268
Image Height902
>>
there a multiple ways to do this. i end up doing it like this most of the time:
-new transparent layer over the image.
-use very soft brush, reduce flow.
-choose a color you like.
-draw over the image.
-try different layer blending modes and play around with opacity.
-done.

protip:
-choose a darker version of the color you like and use screen as blending mode.
-use gradients and mask them.

i hope i could help you
>>
>>2697281
On outdoor shoots have you considered using a colored filter / foil / piece of random glass / transparent piece of colored crap?

Or have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>2697393
What about the coloration makes you think it's being painted on? Especially considering that doing a simple white-balance correction of the photo globally removed all of the orange toning? Seems if it can be removed with a global edit, it's been added with a global edit as well, and simply applying the exact opposite of your corrective curve would add the color back into the image. Post a screen shot of your color corrective curves layer?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.