[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Auscunt here, Whats the best way to get ontop of buildings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
Auscunt here,

Whats the best way to get ontop of buildings? Has anyone had any success by just asking? Or should I try and sneak to the top?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width584
Image Height413
>>
Climb? What sort of buildings? I used to climb on top of some in Perth when off my bonce
>>
>>2696821

What are the legalities of trying to sneak to the rooftop of a private building in a major city?

I I am in Brisbane
>>
>>2696821
Are you in caveclan? I've wanted to get in w/ the brisbane one for a while but I have no idea how to get in.
>>
>>2696833
don't break anything and you should be fine as long as you leave when asked, don't carry anything that could be viewed as a break and enter tool either.
>>
>>2696821
>>2696834
What the fuck is the CaveClan? It sounds like a secret organisation for neck beards
>>
>>2696833
Don't break or take shit and you should be okay. If you're caught, be friendly and comply with any requests.
>>2696834
I wouldn't say I'm IN CaveClan, but I've gone Urbexing with people who are. I'm more of a solo guy. Contact [email protected] if you're seriously interested.
>>2696852
An Australian urban exploration group.
>>
>>2696833
Where are you planning to go in bris? I'm nearby and would possibly be keen.
>>
- Follow someone in past the concierge and get the lift.
- Legalities differ, most of the tall buildings in the city where I live are student or residential towers so you just follow the students/residents in and try to look young.

Tall buildings usually have a smoke vent at the top of the fire escape stairs, topped with a hatch. They sometimes have ladders, that are locked with a flat metal plate affixed.

Find your way around these and the smoke hatches are more often than not on an electronic hinge with an open or close switch.
>>
Wouldn't recommend, got arrested in Illinois for sneaking onto a roof to photograph in August
>>
>>2696811
There's a few open rooftop parking buildings in Melbourne.
>>
>>2697153
That's what you get for being a seppo cunt. We're talking about Australia here, the most you'll get is a slap on the wrist if you're caught.
>>
>>2697185

Whelp, got my answer.

As much as I'd like to rooftop I'm pretty sure people are so anal about laws and rules that I'd get into a lot more trouble than I need for being on top of a building.
>>
OP by the time you get a good collection of rooftop urban shots the 23 year old Asian programmer from California Instagram demographic you're after will be on to the next meme photography anyways. try something original instead.
>>
>>2696811
if you start this climbing shoot project, resist the urge to photograph your face. don't know about aus, but i'm sure you could end up being arrested or at least brought in for questioning if they think you're a potential jumper, trespasser, terrorist of sorts. it's happened to a few prominent "urban explorers" who posted shots to their instagrams from places like atop city bridges and certain landmarks then
>>
and this goes without saying, be very careful. don't end up falling like that russian guy who was attempting stunts.

webm slightly related
>>
>>2697328
Fucking Christ. I have an intense fear of heights. Just standing near a safety railing gets my whole body shaking.
>>
>>2697334
I know what you mean. There's certain jobs I would never take:
window washer on a high rise
antenna repair man (they make good money though)
windmill engineers (i'll never forget the guys who got stranded at the top when a fire suddenly broke out. it was sad, man. one guy hugged his colleague then jumped. he refused to be burned alive)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1500
Image Height988
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2011:09:08 15:39:08
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height527
>>
File: sweaty palms.jpg (644 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
sweaty palms.jpg
644 KB, 2048x1365
>>2697334
Do you hands get sweaty just watching or thinking about that stuff? Mine do.
No one dies in this one, but still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zjc5vx2Ups
>>
>>2697338
Watching it online isn't as bad since I'm not really there and a video can't hurt me. But I've lost a few great photo opportunities because of it.

>poorfag who doesn't get to travel the world much
>on a once in a lifetime trip to Italy
>go out to the hotel room balcony at sunrise
>about to take some shots of the city
>make my way gingerly close to the ledge
>slight, ever so gentle breeze hits me
>NOPE the fuck out like a little bitch and head back inside
>>
>>2696852
learn your late 90s net lore
you cunt
>>
File: Stuck in cave.jpg (466 KB, 1556x984) Image search: [Google]
Stuck in cave.jpg
466 KB, 1556x984
>>2696821
>>2696852
>>2697356
>caveclan

Is this caveclan?
>>
File: caveman sauce.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
caveman sauce.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I would've told them to try despite the significant risk of removal. He had to stay there and die in the hole.

Fuck it. I would've never went to caveclan in the first place.
>>
>>2697926
Weren't those images from that creepypasta about potholers who were chased out by something?
>>
File: this hole, it was made for me.gif (2 MB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
this hole, it was made for me.gif
2 MB, 293x289
>>2697954
The one with the pasta was a guy with a black and white bandanna on his head
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.