[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this composition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: leaf.jpg (680 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
leaf.jpg
680 KB, 1024x665
What do you think about this composition?
>>
It doesn't really do anything for your subject
>>
>>2695810
can you explain it? or send me something about it to search and learn?
>>
>>2695792

It's a picture of a leaf. What composition?
>>
>>2695824
It doesn't make the leaf interesting by it's location and the way the lines of the concrete work it draws my eyes away from the leaf

There's no reason to look at the leaf as it's a boring subject and my eyes are drawn to something that's out of focus and in the background
>>
here you go
>>
>>2695836
I see. I'll be more aware of that next time
Thanks.
>>
File: 21125356613_9380c75fa3_b.jpg (231 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
21125356613_9380c75fa3_b.jpg
231 KB, 1024x683
>>2695836
what about my composition?
>>
>>2696009
Would be better if everything was in focus but that doesn't save for the fact that there is nothing interesting in this photo

The mushroom or whatever it is is not entirely in focus and is just a boring subject

Cannot really tell what I'm looking at or why
>>
File: Y3XtnYWp.jpg (3 MB, 2352x1528) Image search: [Google]
Y3XtnYWp.jpg
3 MB, 2352x1528
And now? It's better right?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makegoogle
Camera ModelNexus S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2560
Image Height1920
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:11:02 00:42:00
Exposure Time1/419 sec
F-Numberf/2.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.43 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2352
Image Height1528
>>
>>2696018
It's exactly the same photo just twice as big

Go take photos of interesting things
>>
cool leaf, bro.
>>
>>2695837
/p/ explained
>>
>>2696018
ProTips:
a) leaves are cool if you have hard-ons for them
b) your next assignment is to go and take 10 photographs of the leaves using lines around them to draw attention to the subject and build composition.

For each such photo I guarantee to provide a detailed feedback in this thread
>>
>>2695824
>>2695836
yeah that and the lines draw eyes away from the leaf because they lead to the brightest part of the entire frame, and the most intense contrast transitions. that should typically be on the subject
>>
>dat one guy who always posts "hurr cropping to get good composition (costanza meme)

I occasionally crop if it suits a shot. It's a totally valid way of doing things..deal with it
>>
>>2696138

Way to argue against something that no one said.
>>
>>2696009
>le rule of thirds faec
it would probably be more interesting if the acorn were in the center of the frame.

It would be even more interesting if you deleted it and took a picture that was good.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.