[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid question If I print this on a really nice sheet of paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: MSCCC_M1.jpg (21 KB, 325x245) Image search: [Google]
MSCCC_M1.jpg
21 KB, 325x245
Stupid question

If I print this on a really nice sheet of paper would I get the same effect than buying the actual goddamn thing?

I mean its like 80 bucks for a piece of plastic, shits insane
>>
No you won't. You need to calibrate the print first then measure each patch with a sensitometer and account for that in the correct software.
>>
>>2695529 It's expensive because the patches are matte paint with documented spectral reflectances. If you want to calibrate colours get the real one.

If you are a cheap amateur who would like colours approximately correct get a grey card instead.
>>
>>2695529
you mostly don't want/need to calibrate on colours. grey will be sufficient. use 160g bleached pulp and print some gray gradients with a laser printer on them. this way you get excellent reference values (be carefull when your sensor is sensible for UV light, though. use a blocking filter or unbleached pulp then).
>>
>>2695633 Cheap grey cards are cheap and do the job better than dithered print.
>>
>>2695529
No. Not even close. the whole point is, those values are all exactly the values they should be. If your printer profile is even a tiny bit off (which it is) or your inks are even slightly varied from the originals (they are) your calibrations will be useless.
>>
I have this ~ $ 2.5 (including slow shipping from China). Only complaint is that black card is not matte enough for my taste.
>>
>>2695529
If you open up DaVinci 12 you can see some chip charts that are available.

I guess the poor mans route would be is to make a print screen of it, assemble a close looking chart in photoshop using eyedropped colors from the print screened image

however as >>2695612 said, they do more than just print it out on a matte piece of cardboard

i'd say try anyways
>>
>>2695660
beginning fag here. Why do you need white and black? I thought the goal was middle grey
>>
>>2697818
white balance, sometimes grey isn't enough

if you use After Effects, you can use the CC Color Neutralizer plugin to set your white, grey, and black
>>
>>2695529
Why not get the non jew version of it?
They sell something similar for 30 USD, or you can get a scanner target for 8 and diy it into a piece of plastic or cardboard
>http://www.targets.coloraid.de/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.