[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p/ traveling camera world edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 3925988946_4cf51785a2_m.jpg (42 KB, 240x178) Image search: [Google]
3925988946_4cf51785a2_m.jpg
42 KB, 240x178
Where is that traveling camera, still in EU?
>>
It's lost or stolen. Instead of getting a new one going people are complaining about losing a 5$ camera and the cost to replace it. I was never interested in it other than people posting mildly interesting photos from it.
>>
This wasn't the first one we did, and this wasn't the first time the camera was stolen either.

A few years back I was supposed to get the camera, but then the guy who was supposed to mail it, never did.
>>
i wanna play this tbh
>>
>>2693319
Why? So you can steal a cheapo camera?

This game appears on several of the other boards, in different forms applicable only to each.

It never works. Some asshole always takes it.

I don't think one of these that's originated on 4chan has ever gone full circle, or at least past 5 different people.

You have to remember the sort of scum that come here. You should know: you are one of them.
>>
>>2693361

ow the edge.jpg
>>
>>2693362
that's not edge at all
he's right this shit never works on here
>>
>>2693364

who cares. shits fun.

i think these guys should know where the camera got stolen. i mean what country. then a faggot from that same country should buy camera and restart the game.
>>
>>2693373
Just put a GPS tracker on it, ta da~!
>>
>>2693374

sounds dumb tbh

i think ill pick whatever compact i have lying around (most probably mju-1) and will send it to whatever fuck that gets motivated on continuing the game.
>>
>>2693376
I've always seen these threads around but never really paid attention to them. How does the game work? Are there certain rules? How is it determined who gets it next? Do people just take pictures of whatever they want it is there a subject?
>>
>>2693385
>Do people just take pictures of whatever they want it is there a subject?

if a theme is chosen, imagine how boring would it be. there were threads, but i remember overlooking them because sugar was all the time talking stupid shit so it was mostly shitposting with a few snaps. still, fun stuff, but i wouldnt send it to some people tbh
>>
>>2693373
Or the last addressed fag should be doxed.

Just post his home address and name and the rest will take care of itself.
>>
>>2693398
we lejun XDD

>>>/b/

cya.
>>
>>2693374
>sending me a GPS tracker to steal
Aw yess.
Just don't send it to any kind of America south of New York, Africa, southern Asia or Western Europe and you'll be fine.
>also, don't choose a camera that takes lithium batteries, some sperglord probably tried to airmail it and ticked the box that said it had them, and then a friendly postal worker had it incinerated for national security
>>
Even though I'm surprised that people would steal these cameras:
Why not just buy old ~$15 cameras and use those to shoot locally (given international shipping costs are usually higher anyways)?
>>
>36 pictures of hairy balls
>15th guy opened the film compartment by accident
>>
>>2693305
There's a better way to do this I think.

>pick a "maintainer" who wants to sponsor the project
>maintainer buys 10 5$ cameras
>find 10 "contributors"
>contributors pay postage to/from the maintainer (this part is important -- round trip postage costs more than the camera so there's no incentive to steal)
>contributors shoot a full roll, then mail cameras back
>maintainer picks 1/3/5/whatever from each and publishes
>repeat, or send all the cameras off to the next maintainer volunteer
>>
>>2693609
Fuck me kid, really?

If you want to do this it's simple: start a list, then buy a camera and mail it off.
>>
LAst I remember with the /int/cam was that the person it went to was holed up in another country for a month when the camera arrived on their doorstep. I believe they used it and then sent it along to I want to say New Zealand where it was promptly lost up a sheep's ass.

The /Ameri/cam i think made it pretty far, if I remember right it started on the west coast, made it to Fl with Sugar and for some reason America's Top Hat was the last place it went. I could be wrong on both counts though.
>>
>>2694399
That sounds about right. These are usually fairly successful all things considered
>>
>>2693396
Why in the world did fucking sugar, out of all people get the camera?
>>
>>2694399
last I heard it was on its way to france, about 7 months ago
>>
Konica Hexar AF
>>
>>2694512
way too expensive for a traveling cam that someone will steal.
>>
>>2694545
Duh
>>
Man, I signed up in 2013 and it still hasn't even arrived. If we do another one can we have change the order to a logical path. Seemed stupid going from australia to europe, when you could've gone australia to nz etc
>>
i bought a replacement lolympus for the amerifat travel camera that vanished. never heard back from sugar.
>>
>>2693361
why are you so pessimistic?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.