[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new mirrorless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: Z-sony-a6000-front-right.jpg (107 KB, 1024x846) Image search: [Google]
Z-sony-a6000-front-right.jpg
107 KB, 1024x846
hey guys.
i'm new to this section...
not actually new to photography but still an amateur.

looking forward to buy my first camera and after hours of reading I'm getting a mirrorless.

I'm interested in street photography, b&w specifically and portraits.

a friend of mine got the sony a6000 and I was pretty amazed by it's quality. it's a great camera, i took some pictures, the only thing I didn't like was the menu. It was quite hard to find something but it's not that big deal. the kit lens wasn't bad too but nothing special.

I was going to buy this camera, but came up with the fujifilm X-T10 too, it has nice specs, but I think it's not worth the 200€ difference.

any opinions? any other alternative solutions?

thanks in advance.
>>
>>2692198
Mirrorless is basically a point and shoot with changeable lenses. You're better off jumping around with your iphone than buying this garbage.
>>
>>2692202
well can you explain it further?
any DSLR under 1200€ I've tried, nikon d7100, canon eos 60d(kit) and some others around 800€ really don't worth the money compared to 650€(sony a6000).
sony has better vid, better colours for my taste, better viewfinder...
>>
>>2692206
If you think you know what you're doing, go buy what makes you happy. It's your money man. I'm telling you that mirrorless is a meme, and you can buy a $100 "digital camera" at your local bestbuy that'll give you very similar photos.
>>
>>2692206
This guy >>2692202 is just trolling.
>>
>>2692212
no offense, i am open to every suggestion. i just said that according to my small experience, the a6000 for the money was quite good compared to other more expensive cameras. thanks for your response anyway,tho I would like to hear some camera suggestions around 600-700 €...
>>
>>2692198
USE THE FUCKING GEAR THREAD YOU MINDLESS IMBECILE!
>>
>>2692202
Lol
>>2692212
No

If you were happy to go second hand you could get a Sony a7. It's similar to the A6000 except it has a full frame sensor, this will give you much better quality shots in low light and much better bokeh.
>>
File: Kid Nose Toy Drill.gif (380 KB, 427x262) Image search: [Google]
Kid Nose Toy Drill.gif
380 KB, 427x262
>>2692212
>I'm telling you that mirrorless is a meme, and you can buy a $100 "digital camera" at your local bestbuy that'll give you very similar photos.
>>
>>2692220
>>2692220
>>2692220
>>
>>2692221
>If you were happy to go second hand you could get a Sony a7. It's similar to the A6000 except it has a full frame sensor, this will give you much better quality shots in low light and much better bokeh.
And size? And lens cost? And loss of competent AF system?
>>
File: _DSF4894.jpg (465 KB, 1750x1167) Image search: [Google]
_DSF4894.jpg
465 KB, 1750x1167
>>2692198
>a6000 vs X-T10
Both are excellent cameras. Fuji has more/better lenses (when cost is applied) and Sony has a little more detail and resolution.

People who have used both systems tend to say: Sony is for people who like technology and specs, and Fuji is for people who like photography.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
>>
>>2692232
>People who have used both systems tend to say: Sony is for people who like technology and specs, and Fuji is for people who like photography.

By 'people' you mean 'idiots', right?
>>
thanks for every answer. no need to argue about anything guys...I had no idea how /p/ works(Sticky etc).
thanks for every answer.

can't find any used a7, I've been searching for days. here where I live, mirrorless cameras aren't that famous.

>>2692232

I dont really care about the tons of specs the a6000 has. I just need the b&w and the classic features(iso, shutter speed etc).
I've an old Zenit film camera and the specs are enough for what I need. can't shoot in low light and thats a big problem.

so I need a "small" camera, good at low light situations and street photography.

nice shot, which camera did you use?
>>
File: _DSF4381.jpg (577 KB, 1167x1750) Image search: [Google]
_DSF4381.jpg
577 KB, 1167x1750
>>2692240
>nice shot, which camera did you use?
It's the X-T1, which shares a sensor with the X-T10 you're looking at.

>>
>>2692240
>b&w
Any digital camera can shoot an image which can be converted to black and white, so don't make that a high-priority feature when looking.
The a6000 is pretty nice though.
>>
>>2692243
>Any digital camera can shoot an image which can be converted to black and white, so don't make that a high-priority feature when looking.
When converting to black and white, all you're left with are tones of gray. If your camera struggles to capture the tones in an image, you'll have less flexibility in your edit. So while pretty much any modern Sony sensor is an equal footing, a Canon may be disappointing, due to the way they handle shadows and dynamic range (which is to say; poorly)
>>
File: _DSF4799.jpg (950 KB, 1750x1167) Image search: [Google]
_DSF4799.jpg
950 KB, 1750x1167
>>2692242

>>
>>2692242
man, love the colours.
this makes me wanna get the fujifilm. i would say they're different, not better. great picture.

kit lens or?
>>
>>2692256
>man, love the colours.
wat
>>
File: _DSF4723.jpg (1 MB, 1750x1167) Image search: [Google]
_DSF4723.jpg
1 MB, 1750x1167
>>2692256
The colors are great too.
Yes, the kit lens for all of the ones I've posted. It's a great lens. Even when you're not just comparing it to other kit lenses.

>>
>>2692260
i mean, the colours on some cameras are different. the black is more intense or less. sorry for my poor english, didn't explain it well.

>>2692256

really great, i consider the x-t10. just hate the fact it's plus 200€ :(

here's a pic i took with the sonya6000. first time i used it. jsut high contrast b&w, didnt bother setting the iso etc. it's too dark.
>>
>>2692228
>size
Marginally different, still tiny
>lens cost
Well you get a lot more lens for your money considering old full frame lenses work as intended, and crop lenses still work just as they do on the A6000. Those old crop lenses will look REALLY expensive when you realise they have awful resellability compared to ff.
>loss of competent af
The fuck are you talking about, all 3 of my fe lenses focus fast and very accurately and rarely, if ever hunt.

Are you a sad little manchild that wished they bought a different camera?
>>
>>2692206
>sony
>better colours
kek
>for my taste

you got shit taste nigger
>>
File: _DSF4908.jpg (307 KB, 1750x1167) Image search: [Google]
_DSF4908.jpg
307 KB, 1750x1167
>>2692267
>i mean, the colours on some cameras are different. the black is more intense or less. sorry for my poor english, didn't explain it well.
In English, white and black aren't colors, which is why he's calling it out, but he's being a dick. "love the TONES" is what you should have gone with, but everyone here understood what you meant, I assure you.

The a6000 is probably capable of the exact same tones. I haven't used it, but black and white conversion is usually down to how you edit it, rather than what the camera is doing. If you decide to save the money and get the a6000, you certainly won't be held back by the camera.

>>
>>2692269
well, just a matter of taste i guess. i didn't like any dslr sony, they're expensive too.
so, the sony a6000 has great colours compared to every nikon i've tried up to 1200 €. but still, comes to what looks better to me.
>>
>>2692268
>Marginally different, still tiny
Compare a Sony 35 f/1.4 against the Fuji 23 f/1.4 for size. Tell me it's negligible.

>Well you get a lot more lens for your money considering old full frame lenses work as intended
what?

> Those old crop lenses will look REALLY expensive when you realise they have awful resellability compared to ff.
What? Want to go check out used prices for the Fuji 56mm? How about the 50-140? Taking a huge loss there?

Also, most people buy lenses to shoot them, not sell them, but I guess Sony users are different...
>>
>>2692272
Fuji fujj are often lauded for their colours

>muh fuji culorz
>muh SOOC JPEG
>muh film simulations
>muh classic chrum
>muh don't have to fuck around as much with post processing
>muh muh

A fuji camera will give you nicer colors SOOC.
If you're still learning PP, but want nice shots in the mean time, fuji's in-camera processing is very helpful and I've found that, except with very particular circumstances, or when I just screw up the exposure, the fuji jpeg is good enough for me and any fucking around on computer later is a waste of my time.

But i am just a casual pleb who doesn't get paid for his pics, it's just a hobby + I'm pretty lazy and I stare enough at a computer screen that I don't like having to do so tweaking photographs for hours on end.

Depends on your priorities. Fuji will give the option of a comfortable, forgiving ride if you so wish to take it.
I fucking hate sony menus. I get used to them, but sony cams are just not comfy to use.

If you're interested in BW only, though fuji has some BW film sims, you'd probably want to play around with silver efex in lightroom or some shit and in that case any camera that spits out a RAW file will do.
>>
>>2692198
if you want to seriously shoot video or like to have good video quality, go with a6000.
otherwise, xt10 is good too. depends if you're a hipster or not.
>>
>>2692285
The video is a good point. The current Fuji offerings aren't able to deal with video well because of the speed of the processors included. Sony wins hands down, there.

For photos, they're pretty interchangeable, more or less, and only lean one way or another based on usage.

The hipster comment annoys me, but whatever. That's what it was for, I'm sure.
>>
>>2692275
>comparing different focal length and full frame to half frame.
>>
>>2692275
They're not slightly comparable.
f1.4 on apsc gives similar results to f2.8 on ff at 35mm.

A much better comparison would be the voigtlander 35mm f2.5, which is equally as pocketable as the fuji, and a heck of a lot better quality.

>what?
Utilising the full image circle, a 50mm is a 50mm, whereas on your fuji it would be more like 70mm equivalent.

>What? Want to go check out used prices for the Fuji 56mm? How about the 50-140? Taking a huge loss there?
Also, most people buy lenses to shoot them, not sell them, but I guess Sony users are different...

Hurr durr, my 2 year old lens hasn't lost too much resale value. Great, my 50 year old lenses are going up in value. As full frame becomes more affordable, aps-c is going to wither away and all the kit will lose the vast majority of it's value rapidly. Like Pen F stuff in the late 90's early 00's, you couldn't give it away.

The nice thing about buying proper lenses is that I can happily drop $700 on a lens and know that I can sell it back and probably make more back when I want to upgrade/change/whatever.

Also, what happens to your lens' value when fuji say they're dropping the x mount? Can't adapt your lenses onto any other body, you have junk.
>>
>>2692296
hipster spotted.
should have went with olympus em5ii.
>>
>>2692301
>>2692302
>f1.4 on apsc gives similar results to f2.8 on ff at 35mm.
>Caring more about numbers on paper than FOV and light in usage
Want to know how I know you're a Sony shooter?
>>
>>2692310
Because I don't care about my lens speed as my iso can always make up for it?

Also

>Caring more about numbers on paper than FOV and light in usage

the voigtlander wide open on A7 would have a very similar FOV, DoF and noise profile as the fuji 23mm wide open (but 2 stops lower iso)

Literally gave the most apples for apples comparison possible.

Or you could just mount the fuji lens onto an A7 and use it in crop mode. Game, set and match Fuji - you are redundant.

Oh and Fuji will become even more redundant when they move over to Sony sensors.
>>
>>2692313
>the voigtlander wide open on A7 would have a very similar FOV, DoF and noise profile as the fuji 23mm wide open (but 2 stops lower iso)
Autofocus?
>>
>>2692313
>Oh and Fuji will become even more redundant when they move over to Sony sensors.
Fuji already use sony sensors, like pretty much every other company out there besides panolympus.
>>
>post purchase rationalization thread
>>
>>2692320
protip: panasonic and lolympus use sony sensors.
>>
>>2692313
>Oh and Fuji will become even more redundant when they move over to Sony sensors.
Just like Nikon, Pentax... almost EVERYONE except Canon? Good point...

Sony:
>This is what my camera COULD do, which is why it's better than yours!
Everyone else:
>My camera suits my needs, here are my photos!
>>
>>2692323
>panasonic
protip: pana make their own sensors too
olym doesn't
fuji doesn't
nicone doesn't
canon does but uses sony for little cams
>>
>>2692327
gx8 is a sony.
future olympus m43 will use sony.
not until the so called panasonic organic sensor.
it will replace panasonic live mos until then.
>>
>>2692329
>not until the so called panasonic organic sensor.
this will never happen
by the time fuji/panasone find a way to quell the heat/batt drain issues with the organic sensor, there will be something much better out by then
>ETA 3 years
too slow for them

i would be more inclined to bet that sigma would improve on foveon and their cameras' handling long before fujipan can get the organic sensor viable and up and running

fuji should purchase foveon rights and develop that tech
>>
USE THE FUCKING GEAR THREAD!
>>
>>2692340
/thread
>>
>>2692268
Different anon, but here are my two cents:
I have both cameras. I wouldn't call a7's low light performance much better. It's just better, but not amazingly better compared to a6000. Autofocus really sucks on the a7, that's why I use it only with manual lenses. Size difference is also pretty significant. A6000 is much more "pocketable" than a7, mainly because of rangefinder-style EVF placement.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend a7 for someone asking about a6000 and similar mirrorless cameras.

>also, sage
>>
>>2693145
lol faggot bumping 3 day old thread
lmao whore

sage bitch
>>
>>2693321
nice leica bro, is that the new slr thing?
>>
>>2692340
get fucked asshole
>>
File: Edited-0358.jpg (5 MB, 4470x2784) Image search: [Google]
Edited-0358.jpg
5 MB, 4470x2784
>>2692198

I just picked up an X-T10 a few weeks ago, loving it so far. Let me know if you have any questions.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:10:24 23:52:26
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-1.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: Edit2-0329.jpg (4 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
Edit2-0329.jpg
4 MB, 4896x3264
>>2695382

Related, can post more sample images if requested.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Image Created2015:10:31 19:48:53
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness2.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: Edited-0308.jpg (2 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
Edited-0308.jpg
2 MB, 4896x3264
>>2695386

One more. Light Painting.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Image Created2015:10:21 22:11:47
Exposure Time0.6 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-10.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
Use the gear thread you fags!
>>
>>2695386
Why is it out of focus?
Also RESIZE goddammit!
>>
>>2695395
Use the fag thread you gears.
>>
File: DSC00578.jpg (649 KB, 5800x3867) Image search: [Google]
DSC00578.jpg
649 KB, 5800x3867
I would go with one of the Sony alpha 7 cameras. If you have small and steady hands the alpha 7(r) is perfekt for you, if you have larger hands the Mark II would be better.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)70 mm
Image Created2015:10:30 20:57:18
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness8.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length70.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2695396
desu it looks like the front of the leaves are pretty much as in focus as they'll get, but imma assume that he was shooting wide open, and the rear end of the leaf bunch is blending into the bokeh, making it look a little strangely focused
>>
>>2695396

Why resize?
>>
>>2695419
it takes too long to load, keep it under 1 mb.
>>
i got a question when can i expect to see a more affordable <35mm f1.8 for a6000
>>
>>2695435
Dunno, but I don't think too many vendors will be doing lower resolution lenses and/or APS-C only lenses for the E-mount very soon.

Why not just use an adapter right now?
>>
>>2692198
>>2692232
And if you're willing to shop online or consider them, there's a Japanese seller selling an EOS M3 with viewfinder and adapter for 600 bucks, and I'm not sure but I think the EOS M2 quad lens kit is still available on Digitalrev
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.