[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/film/ - Medium Format General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
File: NEUMATICOS 1200PX.jpg (422 KB, 1200x936) Image search: [Google]
NEUMATICOS 1200PX.jpg
422 KB, 1200x936
Hey there, everyone! Its that time in the month already. That time when you post here your squares and your fat assed rectangles.

Get hyped with the sweet DOF and deep tones. Everyone come in. Enjoy your stay.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4560
Image Height3494
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution1600 dpi
Vertical Resolution1600 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:10:15 13:30:41
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height936
>>
fuck of
>>
I wanna try my hands on some medium format photography (preferably film since I don't want to spend a couple thousand bucks for a digital one). Any recommendations/brands/things I should look out for?
>>
>>2685597
shouldn't a medium format general be /120/ or something. /film/ is very generic.
>>
>>2685608

Depends on your price range and what size you want. The main sizes are 645, 6x6 and 6x7. There is also 6x8 and 6x9 but there are fewer examples of those.

You want medium format because having a bigger sensor will make you feel better about yourself. That way you can insult people who use a smaller sensor. It happens with people using full frame over aps-c and m4/3. This is the same reason people shoot medium format over 35mm. My point being that you can't show your 645 snaps without someone telling you that it's small compared to what they shoot. Of course 645 is perfectly fine and so is 35mm. Afghan girl was taken on 35mm. You think you can do better than Afghan girl? I didn't think so.

I shoot 35mm film but since I have a small penis I had to get a 6x7 camera too. I would get into large format but that requires actual effort. That is why you don't see much of it around here.

I'm just letting you know what you want to get into.

Cheap (300$ or under): Mamiya (RB67, 645, M645), Pentax 645, Fujifilm (GA645, GS645, GW690), Bronica (ETRS, SQ) Yashica Mat

Average (300-600$): Mamiya RZ67, Bronica GS-1

Expensive (600$+): Pentax 67 (I don't know what happened, price has gone way up on these), Rolleiflex, Hasselblad 500CM, Mamiya 7, Contax 645

There are a lot more and prices very a lot but I got to run so I'll be back later.
>>
>>2685625
not OP but trying to figure out your question here.
MF cameras use 120 or 220 film, the film has no specific frame size. The camera will either be 6x45, 6x6, 6x7,6x9, or 6x12. other odd sizes might be out there too.
>>
File: GlowingWindstorm.jpg (167 KB, 1200x400) Image search: [Google]
GlowingWindstorm.jpg
167 KB, 1200x400
>fat rectangles
I don't think so, I'm gonna post a really long one instead.

I have so much film to go through, both pano and sheet that I promise I'll start a thread soon. Between photo travels and art shows I've been going nonstop all summer and finally have some time to develop and scan. For now you get a shot from before the summer for all of our newfriends.

PhotographerAlex Burke
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:05:09 14:32:10
Image Width1200
Image Height400
>>
>>2685608
Depends. If you want something with which gives a distinct character and is relatively portable get anything fully functional with f3.5 Tessar lens; a folder or TLR. Even Super Ikontas are relatively cheap with f3.5.
If portability is not a concern, something like Mamiya RB67 kit.
>>
>>2685597
>deep tones
>deep tones

please leave
>>
>>2685634
>You think you can do better than Afghan girl? I don't think so.

LMAO
>>
>>2685634
thanks for the advice! Yeah I've been shooting 35mm for a while now and I thought I'd like to try some medium format for a change and who knows even large format if I like it and/or find a good camera. Will keep an eye out for those models on classified ads!
>>
>>2685634
>Pentax 67 (I don't know what happened, price has gone way up on these)
it's a meme
you have "pros" talking idle shit on the net saying how the 67 was topkekshit and every gearfag of the like you just expounded upon went out and bought them all
>>
>>2685634
>Hasselblad 500CM
Why the CM and not the other variants?
>>
File: hass.jpg (619 KB, 983x983) Image search: [Google]
hass.jpg
619 KB, 983x983
Bought the pictured Hasselblad 501C a couple of weeks ago.

I've now owned 3 of the most popular (arguable) medium format film systems available - I'll tell you below which ones I liked in order from most to least, and why. Someone may find this helpful. The lenses for each system are all god-tier, so I won't mention those.

1. Mamiya RB67 (Pro-S, but that doesn't matter a whole lot)
Pros:
>Very good value for money. It's ridiculous how cheap these things are.
>Easily the most versatile of these 3 systems
>Obscure parts are readily available and relatively cheap. If you need a new focusing screen, lens hood, prism finder, dioptre, back (Polaroid, 645, 6x6, 6x7 or 6x8) you shouldn't have any trouble finding one, and it won't cost you a whole lot (relative to the price of Hasselblad parts).
>Cheap servicing/CLA. If you're technically minded, most film advance or shutter cocking issues can be fixed using basic tools.
>Quick to focus. Despite having myopia I am always able to nail focus quickly using the bellows focusing system and a plain focusing screen..
The rotating back system allows you to shoot in portrait without shifting the whole camera sideways.
Cons:
>Big and heavy.
>The fastest shutter speed available is 1/400th, and the widest aperture: f3.8. Working within these limits challenges you, though (which is a good thing).

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920I
Camera SoftwareG920IDVU2COGA
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.9
Image Width2976
Image Height2976
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:10:12 14:05:30
Exposure Time1/382 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating40
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness6.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Image Width2976
Image Height2976
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDA16LLIC08SM A16LLIE11GM_
>>
File: elhoff.jpg (643 KB, 1100x796) Image search: [Google]
elhoff.jpg
643 KB, 1100x796
>>2685813
Cont.

2. Hasselblad 501C (Acute Matte Focusing Screen, CF lenses)
Pros:
>It's a highly motivating camera to use. Everything is beautifully made + the shutter cocking and shutter release sounds make me wet.
>It's the smallest, lightest and easiest to handle system, out of these 3. At least that's how I feel. This is also the reason that I'll be sticking with the Hasselblad system.
>It's the easiest camera to use handheld (imo).
Cons:
>Everything Hasselblad is expensive. The cameras themselves, servicing, parts and accessories.
>It took quite a while to be able to focus quickly, even using the most advanced and brightest focusing screen offered by Hasselblad. Nothing ever really looks in focus, but you learn eventually how to compensate.
>The focusing screens are very susceptible to glare, as seen in the first pic.

3. Pentax 67
Pros:
>1/1000th top shutter speed allows you to shoot at wide apertures in sunlight without compensating filters. Obviously this makes it easier to produce sharp images when using the camera handheld.
>Some people just can't get used to using waist level finders, if you're one of those people, this camera is for you. Putting a prism finder on the Hasselblad or Mamiya makes them much heavier and larger, but this camera is used at eye level by default.
Cons:
>No interchangeable back system. If you load a roll of B&W, you're stuck with B&W. I like to be able to switch between highly saturated films like Velvia and general use films like Portra at a moments notice, to suit my subject.
>Prices are continually rising. You'll get much better value for money from an RB67.

I'm sure I've forgotten some things, but I don't think anyone is going to read this all, anyway.

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920I
Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Viewer 6.1.7600.16385
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.9
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image Created2015:10:16 09:20:18
Exposure Time1/245 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
ISO Speed Rating40
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness6.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDA16LLIC08SM A16LLIE11GM_
>>
>>2685647
ITS A MEME U FOOL
>>
>>2685785
Usually cheaper than other variants its really the same camera. Finding accessories is usually easier too.
>>
>>2685785
It became a standard based on popularity. There are many other models. Some even with light meters and electronic focal plane shutters. It was produced from 1970 to 1994 so there are a lot of samples out there. You might be better off getting another model since everyone is looking for a 500CM making it expensive even with all the samples out there.
>>
>>2685737
Go for it. I didn't want to deter you from medium format, I just wanted to make some things clear to you. I didn't have time to recommend anything specific. I personally always regret not getting a Fuji GW690. The negative is huge at 6x9 and its price is usually around 300$. If you like the dimensions of 35mm film you will like 6x9 because they are both 3 by 2. I don't like it much since your 6x9 ends up looking the same as 35mm when scaled down. 6x6 and 6x7 looks very distinctive. I don't like the square format of 6x6 so that is why I settled on 6x7.

Personally I got a Koni Omega because it's so freaking cheap. I'm talking under 100$ cheap. Personally I love it but it's not for everyone since it's big and a bit heavy.

We are all hobbyist so it doesn't really matter what we do as long as we are having a good time.
>>
>>2685849
>Koni Omega
but they are 6x9?
>>
>>2685780
Since when? Just a couple months ago I was surprised by how cheap you could get a Pentax 67. Now prices are all over the place and some are pretty high. I always thought the Pentax 67 was a bargain but the prices now are a bit ridiculous. Lens prices seem to be decent however.
>>
>>2685853
No they are 6x7. Like I said I shoot 6x7 and that I prefer it over 6x9 and 6x6.
>>
>>2685859
>Koni Omega
Soz brus, I was confused with the Mamiya Universal.
>tfw someone in my town was selling a full outfit (several rollfilm backs, polaroid back, 2 wides w/ viewfinders, 3 normals, 1 tele, hard case) for $600, but I'd just spent $2k on 35mm lenses so I didn't buy it
>>
I'm visiting Japan soon. Are Fuji film prices lower in Japan? Can anybody give me a rundown on the different Fuji films, their strengths and weaknesses? I'm only familiar with Kodak. Is Velvia 100 good, or is 50 where it's at? What's the difference between Superia XTRA, Venus, and Premium?
>>
File: 17083757269_325aa3b26b_o.jpg (251 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
17083757269_325aa3b26b_o.jpg
251 KB, 800x800
>>2685885
They are a little cheaper, if not comparable to the US. I find Acros is quite a bit cheaper. It's a great be film that you should try. Natura 1600 is also a good value here (35mm only though) since it is very rare in N. America.

Cameras are a better deal here and you can get tax free at lots of camera stores if you have a foreign passport with you. I've seen quite a few Plaubels that look brand new for $1600usd. Tempting as fuck. Osaka is a killer city for camera gear, especially uses film stuff.

Picture had nothing to do with Japan

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Horizontal Resolution373 dpi
Vertical Resolution373 dpi
Image Created2010:04:02 21:00:42
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
>>2685893
Alas, I am going to Osaka but have no need for more film bodies, and I dont have the money for a F3/T anyways...

Natura's a good idea. I'm always on the lookout for good high speed color films.
>>
>>2685896
It'll be worth a look anyway. Maybe you could even buy a camera or two if the price is right and flip for a profit once home? I'm stocking up on all of the $10 Stylus Epics I'm finding with plans to sell them all when I come home in a few years. I didn't pay much attention to Velvia since I don't shoot slide but I'm pretty sure its a lot cheaper here. Maybe $20 for a 120 pro-pack? Don't quote me on that
>>
Btw just wanted to let yall know that i recently got an ebay deal for $40, that included 22X 220 400NC rolls. That means about 500 square pictures, life is sweet tbh, for us that actually shoot anyway :^)
>>
>>2685920
Whattttt! I used to get deals like that all of the time bur now that all studios have switched to digi those huge 220 bulk auctions are extremely rare. 400nc is my second favorite film! I'll pay you $100 for those rolls no joke
>>
>>2685938
>$100

KEK

ive seen 220 packs (5 units) go for that. its not that id give them away for $100 or even $200. its not about money my friend, its about the deep tonesâ„¢
>>
File: TRIGOS 1000PX 6X6.jpg (243 KB, 1000x954) Image search: [Google]
TRIGOS 1000PX 6X6.jpg
243 KB, 1000x954
This is RVP50, expired about 1000 years ago. This shit is immortal.

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7350
Image Height3605
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:15 11:58:19
Image Width1000
Image Height954
>>
>>2685950
I hear you bb, pic related is Fujichrome RDP 100D that expired in 1987.
>>
>>2685978
what the fuck

it looks perfect
>>
File: CoreyFSflipRAILbronny.jpg (201 KB, 683x683) Image search: [Google]
CoreyFSflipRAILbronny.jpg
201 KB, 683x683
>>2685950
Only shot with that stuff once when a lab gave me a couple of random 120 rolls for accidentally cross-processing an e6 roll I had them develop. The 50iso made it super hard for my weak flashes to keep up with. Pretty sure this was shot at f4.

Image Width700
Image Height700
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution113 dpi
Vertical Resolution113 dpi
Image Created2015:10:16 17:36:37
Image Width683
Image Height683
>>
>>2685983
It's not perfect; it's a little shifted to yellowy green, but that's just fine for taking shots in the shade.
I rated it at 80 as well.
>>
>>2685978
did you go back in time to get that film? It doesn't look too bad.
>>
>>2685985
>sports with a medium format

you hard worker
>>
>>2685992
Sort of.
There's an annual photography flea market in my town, I went along and these guys were selling these very old pro packs of medium format slide film for $10 each, which they claimed had been cold stored, so I filled my boots.
Most of it was 220 as well.
I was sort of kicking myself afterwards for not cleaning them out entirely, and especially once I'd had some developed.
Mostly I grabbed the 220 Velvia, but they also had a bit of Astia in 120, which I'd never used before.
Naturally, as soon as I'd developed the Astia I wished I'd grabbed more of it, even though it was technically twice as expensive as the Velvia. So perfect for skin tones.
Ah well, live and learn.
>>
File: 2714029501_44a52c10ac.jpg (105 KB, 484x500) Image search: [Google]
2714029501_44a52c10ac.jpg
105 KB, 484x500
>>2685995
Up until maybe 6 years ago the majority of professional skateboard photographers shot medium format with the majority of them using Hasselblads (dat 1/500 flash-sync). If you ever flipped through a skate mag as a kid you were most likely looking at 6x6 slides.

Pic related but not mine
>>
>>2686016
>Up until maybe 6 years ago the majority of professional skateboard photographers shot medium format
Oh fuck off, this is bullshit.
>what are framerates
>what is lense selection
>what is giving a $20000 camera to skate rats
>>
>>2686019

DIGITAL Hasselblads are around $20000, he was referring to slide film. Learn to read ya dummy.

Do you have any information to counter what this poster said?
>>
>>2686019
Why would I lie about that? Im talking about professional photographers, not kids trying to take photos of their friend ollie a curb. Look up Scott Pommier, Atiba Jefferson, Bryce Knight, Mike O'Meally, Brian Gaberman, and read this interview from the photo editor of one of the most circulated skateboard magazines in the world.
http://aphotoeditor.com/2010/08/31/scott-pommier-making-the-brea/
>>
>>2686019
former skatefag here he's right. skate photography is why I bought my hasselblad in the first place years and years ago. pretty much any photographer getting run in magazines was shooting MF for stills and using a 1vHS for sequences
>>
>>2686025
>http://aphotoeditor.com/2010/08/31/scott-pommier-making-the-brea/

It doesn't say that a fisheye 'blad became de rigeur in skate photography, it said that it was a distictive and attractive style.

>>2686023
http://greenlabel.com/style/15-best-skateboard-photographers
Just look at the images scrolling across the top of the page.
Looks to me like about 2 of the 15 are medium format.

I'm not saying that it's impossible or stupid to use any format for that kind of work; by its very nature a lot of it is staged, you could set up a fucking deardorff and banks of studio strobes at the lip of a bowl if you wanted.
I'm saying that your "majority" claim is garbage.
Crisp strobe-lit chromes aren't the first thing anyone thinks of when they think of a skate aesthetic.
What you think of is a visual language that speaks to the experience of the dipshit 15 year olds that are the target audience, and that is lo-fi and candid.
Also, anyone proficient with a camera should be able to work around a 1/250 sync.
>>
>>2686035
Straight from that article,
"The medium-format thing is tied in with that and can be traced back to a photographer named Atiba Jefferson. Many photographers before Atiba had experimented with different kinds of cameras. But when everyone saw the crisp images that he shot on Provia with his Hasselblad 30mm lens, the new approach spread like wildfire."

I don't know why you're having such a hard time thinking skateboatd photography and medium format were very intimately tied at one point. That link you posted is talking about legendary skate photographers, half of them being legendary because they were shooting in the early days (60s-70s). Medium format didn't become a standard in skate photography until the 90s.

No, most people don't think of these types of photos when they think of skateboard photography, because you would have to be interested in the sport and spend time flipping through the magazines to see these images. The majority of the population only see skateboarding through the eyes of photojournalists who shoot the up close shots that are popular in other sports but very looked down upon in action sports photography (photos known as "guy in the sky" shots).
>>
File: myles.0.jpg (55 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
myles.0.jpg
55 KB, 600x497
>>2686035
And yes 1/250 is good but getting that extra stop to under-expose ambient like so many skate photographers do is a bonus. 1/250th in full sun can suck when shooting fisheye and the skater is going Mach3 right past your lens. You get some ghosting around the edges of his body for sure.

Posting a picture because this thread derailed and MF threads should be full of photos.
>>

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image Width2400
Image Height2400
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2007:02:23 23:48:09
Image Width600
Image Height600
>>
File: 1343465241_108dd9993f.jpg (203 KB, 494x500) Image search: [Google]
1343465241_108dd9993f.jpg
203 KB, 494x500
>>
File: 1631764189_24547c8d18.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1631764189_24547c8d18.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
>>
File: ethanthreeflip.jpg (40 KB, 645x650) Image search: [Google]
ethanthreeflip.jpg
40 KB, 645x650

Horizontal Resolution800 dpi
Vertical Resolution800 dpi
Image Created2007:06:11 15:49:47
Image Width645
Image Height650
>>
File: 2036370609_2d803e86c2_b.jpg (310 KB, 1024x621) Image search: [Google]
2036370609_2d803e86c2_b.jpg
310 KB, 1024x621
This one is just too sick
>>
File: 1626833637_4bdfe67bb1.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1626833637_4bdfe67bb1.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
>>
File: 3655475831_16a0b45e75.jpg (158 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3655475831_16a0b45e75.jpg
158 KB, 500x500
Last one
>>
I love my medium format cameras but I keep asking myself what's the point if you don't make huge prints?

Does anyone actually make huge prints of their mf negatives? Or just scan and forget?
>>
>>2686057
It's for the sweet dof and deep tones, man.

I've shot some velvia100 and am waiting for it to be developed. I hope it turned out good.

This was Tmax400 in a Bronica Etrsi with the 75mm.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 (Macintosh)
Image Created2015:06:28 15:28:32
>>
>>2686083
why are the tones any different from 35mm? The emulsion is the same, it's the surface area that's different, right?
>>
>>2686057
I'm the opposite. I think 35mm is better if you print and MF is better if you scan. It's hard to get good results from scanning 35mm. MF is easier to scan giving you usable results. I don't print so I'm only guessing but MF equipment for printing is harder to find and more expensive than 35mm.
>>
Finally making my own money, so I'm going to either drop on a Hasselblad 500C/M or Mamiya 6—I like the square format.

>>2686057
I print up to 16 x 20. It makes a huge difference, even at 8 x 10.

>>2686096
>I don't print so I'm only guessing but MF equipment for printing is harder to find and more expensive than 35mm.
Nope. The standard thing to do is to get a 4x5 enlarger and use frame masks and interchangeable lenses with it. LF, MF and 35mm equipment is all equally easy to find. Only weird formats like 6x9, X-Pan and 5x7 will make life difficult for you.
>>
>>2686091
"Deep tones" is sorta a buzzword, but larger surface area = more transition between tones = "deeper" tones. Hold a medium format and 35mm print up against each other, and the 35mm print will look blotchy and washed-out, even if shot with a Leica on the best film emulsion ever and developed with the best developer ever. Shit makes a difference.
>>
>>2686102
>6x9
>>2686102
>will make life difficult for you
>>2686102
yep
shitsux man.
I've got an 80mm and a 6x6 mask for my enlarger, but finding negs I can even crop to a square is a challenge, and even when I hit up old dudes with rooms full of photo gear, none of them have 6x9 enlargers.
>>
File: kopenhagenyashi6.jpg (4 MB, 2460x2500) Image search: [Google]
kopenhagenyashi6.jpg
4 MB, 2460x2500
>>2686091
Nah its just a meme, tones are the same. The images just look smoother.

>>2686096
Definetely not if you're using a shitty epson scanner. The problem is probably me, but I'm still having a very hard time getting the colours right in my mf scans. Getting good scans with my old plustek is way easier to me. It is also sharper and the negative holder is better.

Thats Superia400 scanned with my epson. Colours look weird. Don't mind the dust.

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelPerfection V550
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.4 (Windows)
Image Created2015:01:12 23:47:40
>>
>>2686083
This looks shithouse m8. Are you sure you didn't actually post a 35mm scan?
>not even trolling
>>
File: 20141029-sternwarze6.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1363) Image search: [Google]
20141029-sternwarze6.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1363
This is 35mm superia400. I feel like thats how it is supposed to look.

Equipment MakePlustek
Camera ModelOpticFilm 7400
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.4 (Windows)
Image Created2014:10:29 21:36:04
>>
>>2686112
One of my mates shot a bunch of X-Pan (I want this), and just used an x-acto and a ton of caution to make his own mask. That might be your best bet, I'm afraid. If you didn't shoot it as a square, chances are it won't crop to a square.
>>
>>2686115
Does not look really sharp, eh? No its mf, I don't scan 35mm with the epson. Do you guys have some tips on scanning and editing with flatbed scanners?
>>
>>2686114
>Nah its just a meme, tones are the same. The images just look smoother.
That's what good tonailty is.
The subtlety of the transition between tones.
>>
>>2686119
Make sure you nail focus every time, or you won't have much going on to begin with.
Contrast = resolution = "sharpness" to the human eye.
Try printing if you get a chance. It'll give you a better feel for how to work with negs, as strange as that may sound.
>>
>>2685985
>The 50iso made it super hard for my weak flashes to keep up with

tried a pair of flash shots in that same roll. they came out full black lmao
>>
File: EOS40mmTriX28.jpg (255 KB, 1147x800) Image search: [Google]
EOS40mmTriX28.jpg
255 KB, 1147x800
>>2686119
>Do you guys have some tips on scanning and editing with flatbed scanners?
Sometimes a flatbed can be sold on to other n00bs, in exchange for cash to buy a DSLR and macro lense with?
pic related is some 35mm TriX from this weekend, and it looks sharper than yours and about as grainy

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:10:13 15:56:55
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width1147
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModePartial
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceFlash
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
File: 11.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2400
tips for manually inverting color negative DSLR dupes?

my workflow is

>invert colors
>open curves
>set white and black points manually for each channel
>adjust curves in each channel (blue down in shadows, adjust green to compensate)
>tweak white balance in lightroom

the results are based most of the time, though. big pic but it's relevant to the conversation. Mamiya 7 43mm on Ektar, equivalent of 2400dpi

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.2
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image Created2015:10:16 13:11:19
Exposure Time1/4 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length90.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
I'm debating between a Mamiya 6 and a Hasselblad. On one hand, the Mamiya 6 is cheaper, though not by much, and more portable. On the other hand, the Hasselblad has wider lenses. What should I do?
Not considering 6x7. I like square format.
>>
>>2686176
I was also going to buy 1 of those 2 cameras. I ended up buying a Hasselblad for 2 reasons.
1. The Hasselblad is infinitely more versatile (interchangeable parts and a wider variety of lenses).
2. The Mamiya 6 is very fragile. The film advance is quite likely to break, and if it does, the camera is basically useless (according to my research).
>>
>>2686166
blues look weird, especialy at the base of the lighthouse
>>
>>2686237
yeah, that's why I was wondering what other people do.
>>
>>2686237
>>2686313
You guys know that shadows are blue right?
>who am I kidding, this is /p/, of course you don't
>>
>>2686350

Shadows don't have color.

Skylight is blue.
>>
>>2686353

:/
>>
File: 01-017-2.jpg (1 MB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
01-017-2.jpg
1 MB, 1100x1100
disappointment in your last roll general?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution70 dpi
Vertical Resolution70 dpi
Image Created2015:10:16 18:18:07
>>
>>2686396
What's wrong with that? I'd crop in a bit from bottom/right, but that's still a nice shot.
>>
File: rvp50_1_.jpg (342 KB, 1000x816) Image search: [Google]
rvp50_1_.jpg
342 KB, 1000x816
6x7cm from recent trip, quick scan

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width1000
Image Height816
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:17 13:20:18
Image Width1000
Image Height816
>>
File: rvp50_2.jpg (184 KB, 1000x823) Image search: [Google]
rvp50_2.jpg
184 KB, 1000x823
>>2686442
one more quick scan
>>
>>2686442
>>2686444

your compo is ass, my friend. did you even get out of the vehicle?
>>
File: MILLA 6X6 1000PX CROP.jpg (118 KB, 1000x844) Image search: [Google]
MILLA 6X6 1000PX CROP.jpg
118 KB, 1000x844
This RVP50 too.

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7560
Image Height3605
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:16 23:51:37
Image Width1000
Image Height844
>>
I wanna change the focusing screen of my Rollei. Any experiences with this guy?:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-175.html

ive seen some cheap screens at ebay too. mostly fom china. is that guys screens the same as the china ones?
>>
>>2685597
anyone use a fuji ga645? i have a question about the autofocus, once you depress the shutter and the lines move inward, are those lines now the new image? how do i make sure something's focused?
>>
File: Maclay P-size-034.jpg (310 KB, 1000x830) Image search: [Google]
Maclay P-size-034.jpg
310 KB, 1000x830
>>2685634

My RZ67 is probably one of my best purchases. I absolutely love the color rendition on all the Mamiya lenses.

This is Ektar.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Image Created2015:03:03 22:43:54
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 941x560) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 941x560
>>2686518
The lines are your parallax correction.
The closer you focus, the greater the relative difference between what you see in the viewfinder and what the lense sees.
It's important to understand that the lines aren't your new frame, they are the guide for where you should imagine your actual frame starting.
See pic, hope it's not too confusing.
>>
>>2685608
mamiya RZ67
great lenses not as expensive as hasselblad
switch in format without cropping
great focusmechanism
bigassviewer
really recommend
>>
I wanna make a set of photos ala Parr. Beach, flash and all.

I have a P67, so im stuck with M type flash sync, ie. 1/30

this is literally fucking my shit up.

will i get decent results if i tell the people to stand the fuck up still, or will it all anyways be a blurry and messy heap of SHIT?
>>
i'm planning on hacking up a mamiya 645 135 back for panoramas what could go wrong?
>>
>>2686805
>what could go wrong?

ur mum. in my dicc.
>>
>>2686783
Maybe try having an original idea for your shots instead, a la Parr?
>>
>>2686783
you could get a probably optically inferior leaf shutter pentax 67 lens...

if not 1/30th isn't too bad if you're shooting around like 90mm. but do keep your subjects still and yourself too
>>
>>2686783
shoot wide open, low power low duration flash. your background's fucked at 1/30 either way, but a fast and sufficiently intense flash should freeze your subject.
>>
>>2686892
>shoot wide open

wot why

i was planning the opossite: all the way down to f/22 and fuck all power flash. will be using slow ass chrome too. i want that super saturated, dark colorful background, orange people look.
>>
File: 6x17.jpg (198 KB, 1024x378) Image search: [Google]
6x17.jpg
198 KB, 1024x378
>>2685635
>>2685635
>The camera will either be 6x45, 6x6, 6x7,6x9, or 6x12. other odd sizes might be out there too.

Don't forget 6x17 master race
>>
>>2685859

i love, my koni omega. ugly, loud, and indestructable.

/only think i actually -dont- like about it is the 6x7, but its really a minor gripe.
>>
Question for people with a Mamiya 645 Super/Pro. If I have a roll of 220 and load it into a 120 back can i wind past what the camera thinks is the end of the roll?
>>
>>2686176
Do you really want to go wider than 50mm? Former mamiya 6 owner here. That system is incredibly if you want a very portable 6x6 system. I used mine for backpacking travels and multi-day. Thanks whole fragile thing is BS, mine was always thrown into a bag where the only padding was clothes. The film advance thing could break but hasselblad have a bunch of stuff that can break too. What are you wanting to shoot and why does portability matter? Have you looked at Bronica SQ-As as an alternative to a blad?
>>
>>2686922
because low power flash for low duration to freeze subjects means you need to shoot wide open to let all that flash light in. otherwise you wont have a subject at all.
>>
let me see if I got this right:
VELVIA
E
L
V
I
A: needs no introduction. 50 > 100, but 100 still good.
Provia 100: high detail slide film, good colour accuracy.
Provia 400: your best (only?) choice for high speed slide film. much grainier than 100.
Venus 400/800: Fuji's equivalent to Portra NC. Comes in higher speeds.
Premium: Also equivalent to Portra NC? Good latitude?
XTRA: Like Gold, but shitty.
Natura: Best choice for high speed low light film.
400H: Low contrast film. Does that mean good dynamic range? or merely good for scanning?

I'm visiting Japan soon and deciding which films are worth stocking up on. I'm thinking Natura, Provia 100, Velvia 50, and 400H right now. Are Venus and Premium worth getting? Should I get it anyways for dat JDM appeal?
>>
File: CARRETE 1200PX.jpg (371 KB, 940x1200) Image search: [Google]
CARRETE 1200PX.jpg
371 KB, 940x1200
>>2687313

400h is the tits.

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7690
Image Height3557
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:15 22:01:13
Image Width940
Image Height1200
>>
>>2687313
400X is discontinued, as is Velvia 100f

50 has the best highlight handling of the lot iirc (of Velvia's).

There was a chart in Yodobashi explaining the difference between the films but I forgot it already.

Venus is 800, Natura is 1600, Xtra is 400
Premium 400 is for Japanese/asian skin tones, and lots of overexposure latitude apparently.

160NS is still available too btw.
>>
>>2686442
I'm biased because I love snow shots but this one is pretty cool.
>>
>>2687494
Thanks, they're from Hokkaido recently, I have a bunch yet to scan
>>
File: img024.jpg (671 KB, 738x1000) Image search: [Google]
img024.jpg
671 KB, 738x1000
>>2687313

Needs more Portra 400.

Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>>2687583
Care to share some metadata?
>>
>>2686396
Holy fucking shit.

Is that a Red Alert 2 reference I spot in that name?
>>
>>2687583
I love me some Portra, but current Canadian prices puts it at $15/roll. It's only slightly cheaper to buy from the states. Besides, I've shot all the Kodak films, thought I'd give the Fuji stuff a shot. Just trying to figure out what's good.

I still love you
EKTAR
K
T
A
R

>>2687487
>>2687439
Are the lower speed Superias worth getting, or should I just stick to Ultramax?
>>
>>2687714
Ektar is fucking GOAT

Just bought my first Medium format camera and I'm lovign it so far.

Gonna head to the darkroom tomorrow to develop this shit.
>>
>>2687716
Post dem
>sweet tones
after bro
>>
>>2687717
Unfortunately, I've got to send the Ektar out to have it developed of campus.

But I'm gonna get the Tmaxx100 done tomorrow! Along with some Illford HP5 as well.
>>
>>2685867
Easy mistake. I assume it's no longer available. I always wondered if the Mamiya universal is heavier than the koni omega.

>>2687042
Why don't you like 6x7? Do you like 6x6 or 6x9 better? Maybe one day I'll get into 6x6 and/or 6x9.
>>
>>2687714
They're allegedly pretty sharp still, as sharp as that cheap C200 stuff (grainy but sharpest I've used in C41- confirmed on flextight a while back), while Ektar is still pretty sharp, just not as much, but ridiculously fine grain, and nice colours.

>>2687719
DIY C-41 is easy af if you can get your hands on the chems, and replenishment at home works very well (I've done it before I worked at a lab).
>>
File: untitled1.jpg (148 KB, 828x1206) Image search: [Google]
untitled1.jpg
148 KB, 828x1206
Any critique is welcomed, thanks. 1/3

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-29_31
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Image Created2015:10:18 13:55:42
>>
>>2687764
2/3
>>
File: untitled2.jpg (156 KB, 1206x828) Image search: [Google]
untitled2.jpg
156 KB, 1206x828
>>2687766
actual 2/3

Camera ModelQSS-29_31
Image Created2015:10:18 13:56:01
>>
File: untitled4.jpg (149 KB, 1206x828) Image search: [Google]
untitled4.jpg
149 KB, 1206x828
>>2687768
3/3

Camera ModelQSS-29_31
Image Created2015:10:18 23:38:13
>>
File: LETRAS AMARILLAS 1200px.jpg (546 KB, 1200x938) Image search: [Google]
LETRAS AMARILLAS 1200px.jpg
546 KB, 1200x938
6 X 7

X

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width4576
Image Height3525
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:19 02:46:43
Image Width1200
Image Height938
>>
>>2687776

btw cruz you fucking hack, focusing with the P67 is easy and fast as fuck, shits a breeze, whats your fucking problem

still love your sad horses tbh
>>
File: img021.jpg (828 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
img021.jpg
828 KB, 750x1000
>>2687589

Mamiya 645 super
80mm f1.9
Portra 400

Not 100% but pretty sure the exposure was
f11
1/125s

same goes for this, except 1/30s

>>2687714

I pay 5,70€ which is about 8,38 CAD. Not exactly cheap but not absurd either.

>>
File: IMG_2108.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2108.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>2687714
>current Canadian prices puts it at $15/roll
that's fucking insane
>tfw got this shit for free

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 5
Camera Software8.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)33 mm
Image OrientationBottom, Right-Hand
Image Created2015:10:02 17:28:03
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Brightness1.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length4.12 mm
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2688102
That's for 135 anyways. 120 is about $12.

Yes, I am a babby format pleb.
>>
BUMP

you fagtrons.
>>
>>2685815
>I don't think anyone is going to read this all, anyway.
i'm looking to get a medium format camera and this was helpful for me to get insight on all those models from someone who has actually used them all so thanks for writing that up
>>
>>2688102
$9.05 on BH at the moment. Since they started doing free shipping to Canada I just buy $100 worth of film at a time to save on shipping and get a couple rolls of it and other shit.
>>
>>2686185
The reason I went for TLR, less moving parts, you can ruin hasselblad objectives by putting them on wrong, at least that's what I read and that put me off buying one
>>
File: 276e3fa9f5f36a4a-TDOT.jpg (1 MB, 1576x1600) Image search: [Google]
276e3fa9f5f36a4a-TDOT.jpg
1 MB, 1576x1600
Photographed T-DOT, rapper from my hometown in Florida a month ago. Portra 160, Hasselblad, elinchrom 135cm midi octa.
>>
File: velvia50mid072.jpg (526 KB, 1661x2493) Image search: [Google]
velvia50mid072.jpg
526 KB, 1661x2493
Some Balloon Fiesta snapshits. Fujica GW690, Velvia 50/100 and Ektar

Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Width1661
Image Height2493
>>
File: velvia50mid075.jpg (379 KB, 1661x2407) Image search: [Google]
velvia50mid075.jpg
379 KB, 1661x2407
>>2688345

Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Width1661
Image Height2407
>>
File: velvia50mid076.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1346) Image search: [Google]
velvia50mid076.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1346
>>2688348

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Macintosh)
Image Created2015:10:19 14:29:17
>>
>>2688337

blue as fuck
>>
File: OFICIAL 1000PX 6X7 - copia.jpg (317 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
OFICIAL 1000PX 6X7 - copia.jpg
317 KB, 1000x1294
400H

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width4656
Image Height3525
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:16 01:45:33
Image Width1000
Image Height1294
>>
File: delta400mid058.jpg (2 MB, 2493x1661) Image search: [Google]
delta400mid058.jpg
2 MB, 2493x1661
>>2688350

Here's some of a concert I produced the sound for.....Ignore the dust

Fujica GW690, Ilford Delta 3200 at iso 3200

1/5

Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Width2493
Image Height1661
>>
File: delta400mid059.jpg (1 MB, 2480x1661) Image search: [Google]
delta400mid059.jpg
1 MB, 2480x1661
>>2688356
2/5

Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Width2480
Image Height1661
>>
File: delta400mid060.jpg (1 MB, 2480x1661) Image search: [Google]
delta400mid060.jpg
1 MB, 2480x1661
>>2688357
3/5

Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Width2480
Image Height1661
>>
File: delta400mid061.jpg (1 MB, 2485x1661) Image search: [Google]
delta400mid061.jpg
1 MB, 2485x1661
>>2688359
4/5

Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Width2485
Image Height1661
>>
File: delta400mid062.jpg (1 MB, 1651x2274) Image search: [Google]
delta400mid062.jpg
1 MB, 1651x2274
>>2688361
5/5

Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Width1651
Image Height2274
>>
>>2688362

No. Tango dance/concert
>>
Portra 400 developed in tetenal c41 kit

Scanning went better than expected. I used epsonscan instead of vuescan this time.

Image Created2015:10:20 14:00:56
>>
>>2688499

cool shit. does indeed look portra, albeit a bit cold. what corrections did you do?
>>
>>2688501
Thanks. In epsonscan I just used the colour correction and digital ice and set the contrast a little lower (-25 or something) I've always read that you should nit enable any corrections when scanning the negs bit it looked more neutral with the colour correction enabled. I scanned at 3200dpi. In lightroom, I used the selective white balance on the window, increased the contrast, set the black point, sharpened and removed the colour noise that my v550 always produces.
Here's another one. Indeed it looks a bit cold, bit I like it that way.

Image Created2015:10:20 14:02:21
>>
File: NitobeSnow.jpg (437 KB, 999x999) Image search: [Google]
NitobeSnow.jpg
437 KB, 999x999
Portra 400VC through my Bronica SQ-A.

Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelNikon SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 ED
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image Width1799
Image Height1799
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution293 dpi
Vertical Resolution293 dpi
Image Created2009:03:23 20:58:30
Image Width999
Image Height999
>>
File: web- llbl --21.jpg (39 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
web- llbl --21.jpg
39 KB, 618x618
>>2685597
Given in on my MF now. Too expensive and too much out-with your control in development. One day will have the money and patience for it.
>>
>>2688641

that one looks pretty sweet. were you c41'ing yourself?
>>
>>2688652
Sadly not- am not scientifically minded at all and wouldn't want to risk fucking up my film. That was the problem- sending rolls off to a lab it felt like waaaay to much of the process was out of my control to use seriously. Yet i didn't trust myself enough to do it- plus i'm a student in the UK- no way can i afford film + dev costs. Shame really as i would've loved for MF to work for me- adore it when all goes well.
>>
File: d17 (20).jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
d17 (20).jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>2686436
A crop wouldn't change anything appreciable. It's still lame. Plus the one shot I was really looking forward to from this roll was pretty fucked so yay.

>>2687704
Kirov reporting...

Image Created2015:10:20 12:24:27
>>
>>2688669
Dude if I've learned anything it's that you need to get over your paranoia of wasting film and keep shooting until you get the shot.
Wasting 4 frames on the one motive to get the light or composition perfect isn't wasting them.
>>
>>2688808
Seconding this.
>>
>>2688668
>no way can i afford film + dev costs
>Shame really as i would've loved for MF to work for me

think about the future.

think about having all that money, but no film to shoot, no skilled camera repairmen alive, and decrepitude. and no MF photos at all.

how does that work for you?
>>
>>2688669

show the pretty fucked shot.
>>
>>2688820
That is the fucked shot.
>>2688669
Look at how cluttered it is.
>stick weed in the middle, in focus
>too much negative space in the centre of the frame
>thin tree and leaves intruding into frame on top right too dark
It's pretty awful mane.
Also the whole thing is too purple.
>>
File: 45MM.jpg (225 KB, 1000x983) Image search: [Google]
45MM.jpg
225 KB, 1000x983
bump tbh (to be humble)

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7140
Image Height7293
Image Created2015:10:21 17:10:41
Image Width1000
Image Height983
>>
File: ConchShack1.jpg (900 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ConchShack1.jpg
900 KB, 800x800
>>2689323
Why so crooked?

Image Created2011:08:09 18:25:41
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
>>2688828
What a hilariously terrible critique. Even by /p/ standards.
>>
>>2689738

cant remember, i think i just shot that away to advance the roll
>>
>>2689758

I think that's him critiquing his own shot and forgetting to use the trip.

Also the critique is pretty spot on, except for the fact that it's really missing a subject alltogether.
>>
>>2689763

Stop making excuses.
>>
>>2689758
What an absolutely standard critique of a critique, by /p/ standards.
>>
File: img019.jpg (929 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
img019.jpg
929 KB, 742x1000
>>2687829

If no one else is contributing, I'll add another one.

>>
File: img001.jpg (647 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
img001.jpg
647 KB, 1000x1000
>>2689947

And some of grandpa's old Golf 63 on Pan F for good measure

>>
File: img005.jpg (560 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
img005.jpg
560 KB, 1000x1000
>>2689952

>>
File: img007.jpg (593 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
img007.jpg
593 KB, 1000x1000
>>2689953

>>
File: img009.jpg (628 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
img009.jpg
628 KB, 1000x1000
>>2689955

>>
>>2689914

lmaooooooo what
>>
File: PRADO SUBURBIO 1000PX.jpg (225 KB, 1000x1031) Image search: [Google]
PRADO SUBURBIO 1000PX.jpg
225 KB, 1000x1031
bump tbh (to be helpful)

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7350
Image Height3605
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:15 12:27:09
Image Width1000
Image Height1031
>>
>>2688355
Was this taken with a mamiya?
>>
>>2690077

Pentax 6x7 / 105mm
>>
>>2690028
film/camera?
>>
>>2690081

fuck, for some reason i always find a good 6x7 photo thinking it was taken by an RZ67 but it always turns out to be pentax. I think i am truly sold on Pentax > Mamiya when it comes to 6x7. Always hated Pentax tho, can't really explain it.
>>
File: rz67.jpg (15 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
rz67.jpg
15 KB, 300x219
>>2690157
Does this count?
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/bw/triX2.jhtml
>>
File: 1338203150174.jpg (234 KB, 1018x800) Image search: [Google]
1338203150174.jpg
234 KB, 1018x800
>tfw accidentally switched the counter knob on my 6x7 to 220 and I've probably wasted a few shots on nothing
>>
File: 01270001.jpg (3 MB, 2982x2048) Image search: [Google]
01270001.jpg
3 MB, 2982x2048
portra 400

Camera ModelQSS-29_31
Camera SoftwareQSS-29_31 001
Image Width2982
Image Height2048
>>
>>2690282
sorry forgot to resize.
>>
>>2690116

Rolleiflex MX EVS
expired RVP50

>>2690157
are you planning on getting a 67? hurry up. i did hurry my buy, because good condition cameras are becoming scarcier and prices are way the fuck up and never coming back down.

looks like a hulk camera but holds easily like a small dslr, because of the grip. assuming you have man hands.

when im an old fuck and film is long gone or retardedly expensive, ill still have premium glass to match up with future mirrorless MF cameras
>>
File: INDUSTRIA 1000PX.jpg (366 KB, 1500x1122) Image search: [Google]
INDUSTRIA 1000PX.jpg
366 KB, 1500x1122

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width4592
Image Height3509
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:19 22:36:47
Image Width1500
Image Height1122
>>
File: d17 (19)-2.jpg (974 KB, 1000x985) Image search: [Google]
d17 (19)-2.jpg
974 KB, 1000x985
>>2688808
This wasn't an option for the shot I'm referring to as it was taken from a passing bus window. But I agree with you; I get too hung up on the thought of wasting.

>>2688820
What would be the point of that? So you people can hate on the idea of being excited for something?

>>2688828
That's actually just a random shot from trying to finish the roll off. Not the fucked one. I disagree with the purple comment. It looks okay in terms of WB on the two monitors I've looked at it on but maybe they're both off. But really who gives a shit? These pics will never be used for anything, probably will never be uploaded anywhere but here, and you would still find a reason to be hurt about it regardless of what they were.

Image Created2015:10:23 13:17:08
>>
>>2690480
>being this mad
>>
>>2690480

dang, new whip?
>>
I have a dream, /p/ and wanted to share it with you.

I want to make my pentacon six lenses adapted for use with the pentax 67. is this idea ass or what? the lenses are kinda soft, but nice soft tbh. shame pentacon lenses focus is closer than pentax lenses, so it gives only macro capability and headshots, which is what im looking for.
>>
>>2690480
>Forest haze

I can only get so wet anon.
>>
>>2688828
not purple for me m8, on 3 screens too.
>>
>>2690701
>>2690480
Soz guys, I finally got around to adjusting the monitor on my new lappy.
>tfw eyeballing adjustments to match the screen on your
>G R
>R
>>
>>2690294

You need to make your own thread with these photos, they look nice mane. pentax 67 again?
>>
>>2690290

Nope, not really. Would be happy with a nice 645 system tbh.
>>
>>2690770

y-you t-too anon

yeah, its the almighty Pentax 67. i think its the SMC 55mm f4 this time
>>
>>2690771

then follow your dreams my friend
>>
**EUROPE**

I'm selling my:

Hasselblad 500C/M + 3 lenses + 45prism

I dont wanna bring it to eBay, fuck their taxes :(
>>
>>2691384
Are you the guy who just bought it?
>>
>>2691384
which lenses?
how much?
>>
>>2685893
Is this the Library in Vancouver??
>>
File: 14966804698_e1af54d36c_z.jpg (135 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
14966804698_e1af54d36c_z.jpg
135 KB, 640x640
I need to get inspired to use my Yashica again someday, I still have a box of tri-x in the fridge.

1/2
>>
File: 15153383205_0b9d2c9e2d_z.jpg (127 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
15153383205_0b9d2c9e2d_z.jpg
127 KB, 640x640
2/2
>>
File: AJI CUCHILLO 1000PX 6X6.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1040) Image search: [Google]
AJI CUCHILLO 1000PX 6X6.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1040
;);)

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width3748
Image Height3605
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:15 10:14:23
Image Width1000
Image Height1040
>>
>>2692686
this would be shit without the knife but I feel like that really changes the mood. I like.
>>
File: CHICO 1200PX.jpg (318 KB, 1200x935) Image search: [Google]
CHICO 1200PX.jpg
318 KB, 1200x935

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width4526
Image Height3525
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:10:27 01:51:43
Image Width1200
Image Height935
>>
File: found you.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
found you.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>2692640
found you

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-H20
Camera SoftwarePicasa
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image Created2014:06:06 09:39:52
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
ISO Speed Rating80
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length6.30 mm
Image Width2592
Image Height1944
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeLandscape
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID16a46733aacdc792141e0891cca3e6b2
>>
File: 1291428359_457e5fb087_b.jpg (96 KB, 834x626) Image search: [Google]
1291428359_457e5fb087_b.jpg
96 KB, 834x626
>>2692641
>>
>>2692640
That is such a majestic picture.
>>
So my girlfriend has been dreaming of a 'blad for the longest time, but they're damn expensive so she can't afford one. Nor can I, although I wanted to get her one for her birthday. What would be a cool < €200 alternative?

Was thinking Kiev 88 for the 'blad looks and because she's part Russian, but I dunno. The quality isn't apparently too great on them.
>>
>>2692838
>What would be a cool < €200 alternative?

nothing
>>2692838
>So my girlfriend has been dreaming of a 'blad for the longest time,

buying a cheapo substitute for a "dream" is a waste of money

either you get the dream item, you save money until you can, or you just don't bother with the entire stream of thought

buying a substitute of something is never worth the hassle, and forcing someone to accept some unwanted thing as a substitute for what they really want isn't nice either

if she wants that, get her that

until such a time as you can do so, get her something unrelated
>>
>>2692838
Pimp her out for like $200 an hour. She'll have enough money in a day or two.
>>
File: an-out-ing.jpg (534 KB, 1000x790) Image search: [Google]
an-out-ing.jpg
534 KB, 1000x790
From my first roll that I put through my new Flexaret to replace my old one.
I thought the winder on this model that is newer than on my broken one stopped advancing by itself. It did not, so I only got two and a half shots out of the roll, this one was cut off as the roll ended.

Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelNikon SUPER COOLSCAN 9000 ED
Camera SoftwareNikon Scan 4.0.2 W
Horizontal Resolution360 dpi
Vertical Resolution360 dpi
Image Created2015:10:27 12:34:07
>>
File: street_1337.jpg (345 KB, 652x1000) Image search: [Google]
street_1337.jpg
345 KB, 652x1000
>>2692911
Also one from my last roll of 6x9s I developed.

Image Created2015:10:27 15:03:21
>>
>>2692845
You could get an RB67 for <€200 easily. Not as svelte as a 'blad, but much better quality than a Kiev.
>>
>>2692707
Thanks dude

>>2692703
>>2692706
Nice dude! Checked out your page, it's always awesome when people from across the border come up here just to poke around.
>>
>>2692639
Yep, good 'ole Moshe Safdie. Love that building.
>>
ITT: people feel excited about shots that they'd delete if they were digital
>>
>>2693487
ITT: People who can fuck right the fuck off.
>>
File: a_landscape.jpg (409 KB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
a_landscape.jpg
409 KB, 1000x652
Ektar in a GW690

Image Created2015:10:28 13:14:53
>>
>>2693505
>fuji masterrace
how do you like the lense, mane?
>>
File: another_landscape.jpg (316 KB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
another_landscape.jpg
316 KB, 1000x652
>>2693557
I love it to bits.
Sometimes it can almost be too sharp, and sometimes I find it a bit too wide, but on the whole this is my favorite camera I have ever used.

Those glorious huge negatives, hnnngh

Image Created2015:10:28 15:08:47
>>
>>2693575
Just to clarify, this is absolutely not too sharp, it was shot from a moving sailboat at a too low shutterspeed.

Image Created2015:10:28 15:11:51
>>
>>2693575
>>2693578

man, fuck sharpness. those pics are great.
>>
>>2693625
Thank you.
Have another shot off the same roll that I don't remember if I've posted before.

Image Created2015:10:28 17:36:26
>>
>>2693629
Great shot man.
>>
>>2693629
>all dat canon banding

canonfags btfo
>>
File: banding_of_sheep_brothers.jpg (384 KB, 1000x652) Image search: [Google]
banding_of_sheep_brothers.jpg
384 KB, 1000x652
>>2693639
I think it's just from the scanning, but I haven't had a chance to rescan the negs yet. All the shots on the roll have the same problem at varying degrees.

Image Created2015:10:28 18:07:46
>>
>>2693578
this photo is crazy. I have been thinking about getting a GW690 for the negs
>>
>>2693575
>I find it a bit too wide
Yeah, I've got the GSW, and I kind of wish there was an option for a 150mm or something, instead of just the 90.
And any g690s are old as fuck now....
>>
>>2692838
Don't get a shitty Kiev. Save another $150 and get a Bronica SQ-A with a waist level, 80mm, and a back or two. Adding lenses and more backs as she continues to shoot will be relatively easy and won't break the bank. Hassies are overpriced given other options that are extremely similar in quality and less than half the cost.
>>
>>2696900
Do 6x4.5 cameras have more exposures per 120 roll than 6x6 cameras?
>>
>>2697293
yes
>>
>>2697295
ahh okay, so the 12 exposures is for 6x6 cameras then? How many are possible for the various formats?
>>
>>2697298
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=120+film+exposures
>>
>>2686025
interesting stuff
>>
What's up with film prices? Will they ever come down again?
>>
>>2697474
Niche items cost more. unless there is a major resurgence in demand and usage, no, prices will only continue to go up until supply dries up.
>>
File: mf036.jpg (372 KB, 1000x994) Image search: [Google]
mf036.jpg
372 KB, 1000x994
Got an SQ-A over the summer. Dumping a few from the first rolls.

1/6

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Image Created2015:11:03 02:19:27
>>
File: mf053.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mf053.jpg
283 KB, 1000x1000
>>2697869
2/6

Image Created2015:11:03 02:32:37
>>
File: mf008.jpg (455 KB, 1000x978) Image search: [Google]
mf008.jpg
455 KB, 1000x978
>>2697870
3/6

Image Created2015:11:02 23:02:33
>>
File: mf015.jpg (329 KB, 1000x980) Image search: [Google]
mf015.jpg
329 KB, 1000x980
>>2697871
4/6

Image Created2015:11:03 02:06:16
>>
File: new109.jpg (392 KB, 1000x984) Image search: [Google]
new109.jpg
392 KB, 1000x984
>>2697872
5/6

Image Created2015:09:29 22:28:21
>>
File: new086.jpg (395 KB, 1000x996) Image search: [Google]
new086.jpg
395 KB, 1000x996
>>2697875
6/6

Image Created2015:08:19 00:56:38
>>
File: boy_with_cigarette.jpg (491 KB, 904x1000) Image search: [Google]
boy_with_cigarette.jpg
491 KB, 904x1000
bump

Image Created2015:11:08 14:27:00
>>
File: Hasselblad_500_CM.jpg (863 KB, 2807x2583) Image search: [Google]
Hasselblad_500_CM.jpg
863 KB, 2807x2583
I could get a Hasselblad 500cm with a 80mm f/2.8 Planar for 400EUR, it's working well, I know how to use one and would love to start medium format shooting.
I have no idea about the prices of Hasselblads though, I did some research and found everything ranging from 200-1000EUR for a used one, I guess 400EUR is still a good price, can anyone confirm this so I will have a little less buyers remorse? Thanks!

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D200
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern4904
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2008:12:24 00:45:44
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Return Not Detected
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width3961
Image Height2726
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2700067
The fact that someone looking like that managed to get laid fills me with hope.
Thank you.
>>
>>2702992

go ahead. but, service is expensive, and you might end up like that hasselkek with an expensive camera which cant focus for shit.
>>
>>2700067
like a neo Iggy Pop had sex with Yolanda or something
>>
this thread makes my panties wet.

i have the chance to buy a Fuji GW690III locally, the big "texas leica" medium format film machine. seriously considering it...
>>
>>2703020
As long as you're prepared to pay $1 per frame even for black and white, go for it.
The pics are fantastiche.
>>
>>2685608
holga 120
>>
>>2703020
>Fuji GW690III

The III is fugly though.
>>
>>2703001
so what's your excuse then?

>>2703019
thanks man
>>
File: IMG_6201.jpg (933 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6201.jpg
933 KB, 1000x1000
>>2703132
>is fugly though
no u.
I really wouldn't mind the shutter lock, spirit level, hotshoe, and especially click-button spool release instead of the little twist nubbins.
And the reality is you get no swag from a camera a woman can't operate.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareDigital Photo Professional
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2014:05:14 10:06:28
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length10.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
I'm looking to get into medium format, and the box style with a waistlevel viewfinder seem to be the most appealing to me. Is there much of a difference between the Mamiya M645/RB67 and the Hasselblad 500cm (other than format obviously), considering there is such a large price gap?
>>
>>2703492
Yeah, the mamiyas are over sized, clunky pieces of shit that break down a lot and have weak lenses.

The hassy is a very well made, tiny (for it's purpose), beautifully designed piece of art with great lenses.

Go into stores, find these cameras, hold them, touch them, it's all in the feel.
>>
>>2703505
>Go into stores, find these cameras, hold them, touch them, it's all in the feel.
This. You'll just feel it. Shooting a Hasselblad for the first time is something very special and you'll feel that, even if you don't have any experience with medium format.
>>
>>2703492

RB67 owner here.

For the price, they are great. You can get a 127 lens for like 60 bucks in fucking amazing condition. I don't think they are pieces of shit, but they do have their problems.

If I could afford it, I'd own a hasselblad.
>>
>>2703492
Bronica SQ-A
>>
>>2703511
I've shot a Hassy a few times, and each time found it to be a pretty but cumbersome, noisy and slow piece of shit.
>>
>>2703492
The Mamiya RB and RZ systems are fine, weight aside. Shooting wide angle with them is kind of dumb, but the portrait lenses are pretty good. The 645 systems have a lot of issues. The 6 and 7 are phenomenal cameras, but then they break.
Hasselblad is the Swiss army knife system. Get a Mamiya RB67 if you are only going to shoot portraits, a Mamiya 6 or 7 if you're always on the go, and a Hasselblad otherwise.
>>
>>2704004
Shooting with a 6 is the same as shooting with a 35mm rangrfinder except you get a bigger negative and it's square. It isn't the "typical medium format experience that one would get using an SLR style camera with a waist level finder. I personally found the 6 pretty damn boring to use and recommend anyone getting into MF to get a camera with a wlf to get the full experience and differences in shooting that inherintely follow.
>>
>>2704219
What I don't understand is how anything can be in focus with a WLF? It seems to me that it'd be harder to nail focus, and with MF's thinner DOF, doubly so. Obviously I'm wrong, because people have been doing just fine for decades, but I don't get how.
>>
>>2704479

With the little pop-down loupe it's not that hard. You're seeing a really small part of the pic pretty large.

Pretty sure they have focusing screens with rangefinder dot, too, if that's your jam
>>
>>2704479
Thinner DoF has always been easier for me, it allows me to see where the actual focus point is, as things come into and go out of focus.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.