[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello everyone, I recently purchased my first DSLR with a very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased my first DSLR with a very specific purpose. Last year when I saw all my friends and family, I took a lot of camera phone shots that came out very poorly. This year, I would like to get some very good shots of people.
The setting would be- the person isn't looking, they are most likely moving, we are indoors, and the room is lit or dimly lit.
I'm would like to know, given that situation: what manual settings would you recommend?
My reasoning behind the no-flash is because it tends to really kill someones vibe. I'm sure the loud shutter won't help either, but there's nothing I can do about that.
Any and all advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
High ISO, shutter priority, buy a lens with a decent aperture (24mm 2.8 for example)
>>
>>2720446
Maybe get the cheap 50mm prime for the low aperture. I have it and love it. Only problem you have to watch out for is the conversion factor if you dont have a full frame. So if you got a small rooms then maybe get something wider.
>>
>>2720446
You can try to dissipate built-in flash light with some tricks, maybe it'll work. No settings will help you without light, you can't just cheat physics - if it'll be too dim, you won't be able to capture moving subjects.

On the other hand, i'm willing to bet that your high-iso photos would look alright in low resolution and after noise reduction, so it all depends on how much quality can you sacrifice.

And as other guy said, nifty fifty. God, this lens is just perfect for its price - but it'll be more about shooting faces than your generic christmas group photo.
>>
>>2720446
>how to take creep shots?

Just green box it.
>>
>>2720477

Is that what people call em? I just want to be able to slip away at the party for a little while and hopefully grab some candid shots of my friends. Unfortunately the camera level/photoshop skills are just something I haven't developed yet.
>>
> Low light shooting without a low light - able camera
Not going to work. Use a speedlight. Or buy something like an A7S, D4S, 1D X and a decent lens.

Yes, sorry, even the A7S isn't cheap. It's the nature of low light shooting right now ... it costs money.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.