[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid questions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: NzXF3.jpg (137 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NzXF3.jpg
137 KB, 800x600
>old one 3hunna

guys, how do I shoot a photo like pic-related? what setup do i have to use, or anything in photoshop? i like the old photo feeling. i have some hasselblads and also a nikon d4 if that helps.

cheers<3
>>
>>2680703
I'm afraid you're going to have to upgrade your gear to get that kind of look.
>>
>>2680704
what do i need? i swear this is like my holy grail esque photo, help me bro

>inb4 bait
>>
email the girl who left her watermark on the picture and ask her what she did
>>
If a camera can shoot at 16 mega pixels, is there any reason to shoot at a lower resolution (say 4mp)?
>>
>>2680862
Faster transfer, faster processing, fit more in the same storage,
>>
>>2680866
So higher resolution = higher quality = bigger file size? Thanks.
>>
>>2680703
Torrent vsco film 06
>>
>>2680706
iPhone 4
>>
>>2680868
In a nutshell, yes. Now, that wasn't hard, was it, Einstein?
>>
>>2680869
Thanks! Do you suggest a specific preset?
>>
Using a f/3.5 1.6x crop fisheye on a 2.0x would mean it's something like f/4.7, right? But as the 2.0x still gets most of the light from the lens, that's not really correct, is it? The 2.0x crops only bits of the top and bottom of the actual fisheye image (a circle in the middle of the screen), so in effect I still have a f/3.5 fisheye despite the move from 1.6x to 2.0x crop?
>>
Midaswell be a fag and post with a trip about this.

I saw another anon in the last SQT regaurding a EOS 650 (not 650D) with a YN50mm 1.8 that he got from his ex. I sort of assumed it worked for him and her since he wasn't asking about the gear in particular, though for me I keep getting the "bc" error in AF and manual every time I attach it to the mount. Somebody regarded it as the issue with older Canon EOS systems not being compatible with third party lenses, however that was only a Sigma thing. I've cleaned the contacts and messed with every single button with nothing happening. Oh, and thanks in advanced guys.
>>
File: JgEtVec.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
JgEtVec.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
will this lens work with a canon t2i and canon eos 650 film
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minolta-MD-28mm-F2-8-W-Rokkor-X-Lens-28-2-8-035-/401007940490?hash=item5d5def938a#viTabs_0
>>
>>2682437

I have an EOS 650 and an EOS 5, and on both of them I get an error when I try to use my chipped M42 adapter. If I cover up the contacts to prevent communication between adapter and camera, it works just fine (but then I don't have AF confirmation).

EOS is generally really good when it comes to compatibility, but no system is perfect.
>>
>>2683393
I see. And yeah, I have heard from some people that EOS can be a hit or miss at times.

Though in the time of asking this question and now I did figure out a "solution." If I held down the button that allows you to adjust the aperature with the top dial and pressed the shutter, the camera would expose correctly without any sort of error message. Now I'm not sure if it actually exposed with the right stop settings or not due to this, but I am hoping for the best.
>>
>>2680703
you just have to shoot film
>>
>>2683421

Are you talking about the 'M' button near the lens mount? If so, I tried holding that down and pushing the shutter on my 650 with the adapter, but it still gives me 'bc' when I shoot.
>>
Not a question, rather asking for some tips.

I am going to shoot some paintings of a friend who wants to sell them online. Like 5000€ Paintings. I have a 6D, 24-70mm 2.8 lens, a tripod and a speedlight.

I don't have a studio or anything.

What tips could you give me?
>>
is there a name for that thing where you should keep your shutter speed below your lens focal length or whatever?
>>
Got a really stupid question for you guys.
Is it a bad idea to leave my gear in the trunk of my car under the sun regularly, as opposed to bringing it home? I live in Northern California, High temp is usually at most 75 this time of the year. I have a D3200 and a few lenses, everything costs <$700 altogether.
>>
>>2680703
>and also a nikon d4

Shut up you fag... you wouldn't be asking this question if you really had a d4
>>
I tried looking at Toshiba's website and can't find the answer there.
Will a FlashAir Class 10 wifi card work with a Nikon D7000?
>>
I have a Fujica ST605 that I recently acquired. Yet to load it with film but was checking it all worked and after firing the shutter a few times the mirror locked up and won't come back down again...
Any suggestions short of taking into a shop or opening it up myself?
>>
does it have a mirror lock up button? Might check that, happened to me a few times. Otherwise the shutter curtain might have moved which causes the mirror to be stuck also happened to me. Or your camera just died one day out of the blue, also happened to me
>>
>>2684213
>>2684209
>>
>>2684213
Had a flick through the manual and the only way I can see of achieving mirror lock up is just holding down in bulb mode. Visual inspection of the curtain doesn't suggest anything out of sorts...
Most annoying thing if that the film advance won't wind on again, so I can just re-fire the shutter mechanism to try and clear it.
>>
File: steve_martin_overexposed.jpg (16 KB, 412x309) Image search: [Google]
steve_martin_overexposed.jpg
16 KB, 412x309
What your process for correcting a badly overexposed portrait in Lightroom? I did some a few days and forgot I was set to spot meter instead of evaluative.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-500
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution314 dpi
Vertical Resolution314 dpi
Image Created0000:00:00 00:00:00
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/4.2
Exposure ProgramCreative
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias1.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length108.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2683490
Do you know how to use the gear?
>>
>>2683501
Not really, minimum shutter speed when shooting handheld I guess
>>
>>2683771
Can't be great for it being exposed to extreme temperature cycling, I wouldn't personally do it regularly if I had the choice
>>
>>2683490
You usually want two lights at a minimum, one at 45 degree angles to the painting on either side.

I have no idea about that particular lens, but shoot whatever focal length gives you the least amount of distortion.

Shoot at 100 ISO.

Get a greycard and have it in each shot so you know your color reproduction is as accurate as possible when working on the image in post.
>>
50mm 1.8g or 1.8d? body has an af motor

g is slighty better(?) but d is half the price
>>
>>2684438

crop body btw
>>
>>2684438
What's more important to you? Quality? or price?
You know all the variables, and only you can weigh your priorities. What are you hoping for here?
>>
Do all lenses for the same system transmit the same amount of light at f/3.5? If the aperture is locked to one number, are the camera sensor quality and shutter speed the only methods to alter the picture quality?
>>
>>2684567
Nope, google up "t-stops"
>>
>>2683451
There's a button right above the "M" that is unlabeled. That is the one I tried and how I made it work.
>>
File: 1443390540480.jpg (587 KB, 1272x1920) Image search: [Google]
1443390540480.jpg
587 KB, 1272x1920
Op here I've made some progress on my journey

>>2683424
I tried it turned out nice but not quite what I was expecting. It's also pretty expensive so I've been messing around in photoshop for a while to emulate the effect.
>>2684125
It's not mine, it's my pops. I'm babysitting his house and get to borrow his gear.

Anyway, I think I'm getting close: I'm using Nik Analog Efex 2 and its really nice. Not quite there. I found another cool photo with the same stuff in it so I'll just attach that as well.

Anybody got any ideas on how to do it in photoshop cc?
>>
So some people prefer film because digital doesn't render smooth tones properly.

They then scan their negatives using digital processes for printing, posting online, etc.

Doesn't this negate the benefits of shooting film in the first place?

Are negative scanners that much better in terms of image quality than a high-end sensor in a digital camera?
>>
>>2684991
Digital renders everything properly, it's you ability to bring it out in post that counts.
>>
>>2680703
need better raw converter software for fuji x images.
photoninja ??
>>
>>2685046
Aftershot Pro 2
>>
>>2684991
A digital sensor just doesn't react to light in the exact same way as the chemicals on a roll of film. You use a different method of acquisition, so you get different results.

Converting those results to digital via scanning doesn't negate that original process because digital actually has all the rendering capabilities (and more) that film has.
>>
Not exactly sure if this is related but why not.

I'm looking for good quality poster/photo frames for posters/photos.

I need big ones around 20 to 40 inches etc.

Is this one a bad idea?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-24-x-36-Poster-Frame-UNV76871-/191442582756?hash=item2c92ddfce4

If so, please direct me to some good poster frames.
>>
File: 00270007.jpg (1 MB, 1544x1024) Image search: [Google]
00270007.jpg
1 MB, 1544x1024
I use Zenit E and some shots with higher shutter speed (1/250 or 1/500) have left side of picture underexposed. Is it because horizontally traveling shutter? Is there any fix for this too?

Pic related.

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareQSS-32_33 7.02.005 2006.12.27
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1544
Image Height1024
>>
>>2685504
Yes, it's because of the synchro speed of the camera. You have exceeded it.
Keep it a x-30 if i remember correctly and you shouldn't have this problem
Also there is no fix to your photos, unless you crop the dark area.
>>
>>2685512
Idiot posting, bls ignore.
>>2685504
It is because of your horizontally travelling shutter being broken. The first curtain hasn't made it all the way across the frame before the second curtain has caught up to it.
Even at slower speeds, if you look carefully you might notice an uneven amount of exposure across the frame.
Your problem is most easily fixed by throwing your Zenit in the nearest river and buying any other camera.
If you insist on continuing to use this, or if you have a sentimental reason for keeping it, you can probably still use it for flash photography, at the x-sync speed (1/30, as suggested by retard above), or long exposure photography using the bulb setting, as neither of these styles rely substantially on an accurate shutter to work properly.
>>
>>2685523
This anon is correct.
I think someone here did something creative with a shutter like that once by shooting the roll twice.
I don't really remember the details.
>>
File: 00320020.jpg (387 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
00320020.jpg
387 KB, 667x1000
>>2685523
>>2685525
Thanks guys. I was thinking about Nikon FE2 or F3 but some rangefinder would be nice too.
Any recommendation on these?

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareCapture NX-D 1.2.1 W
Image Created2015:10:15 16:46:53
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width667
Image Height1000
>>
>>2685526
Almost any Nikon would be a revelation to you as far as quality and versatility goes.
If you want to keep with the beefy, meterless, mechanical camera (and surprisingly vibration free shutter) most leaf shuttered fixed-lense RFs should treat you nicely.
>>
File: a word.png (33 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a word.png
33 KB, 1920x1080
does anyone know anything about photoshop scripts? I used the scripting listener to make a script to create this PNG. What I want to do is put a whole list of words into the script so that when I run it it creates a load of separate PNGs, each with a separate word and named "thatword.png"

How do I tell my script: first do it with cat, then do the same thing with dog, then tree, then box, then face, then mouse, then apple, then square... etc etc etc?
>>
File: tumblr_nqsg7iD27t1u9cso1o1_400.jpg (37 KB, 303x396) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqsg7iD27t1u9cso1o1_400.jpg
37 KB, 303x396
>>2680703
found an old pic of him
>>
Hey guys I want to take a picture of like buildings and store fronts, what kind of camera do I need?

Do I need a medium format camera? I heard those are big
>>
Anyone shoot medium format film? What is the outlay on film/scanner. I'm in the uk, what's printing like? Good quality? Where? Anyone have an xpan? Want that high res deliciousness for portraits.
>>
I currently have a t3i, with a 50mm 1.8, a canon 75-300mm, and a tamron 17-50mm 2.8

Should I spend my money on a used body only 5d mk2 for $800 OR buy a used Canon EF 24-105mm USM ?
>>
>>2686248
Ah, you want to take pictures of things? Yes, you will need a camera.
>>
I just got my first dslr, its not the best, but its an slr.

My question is this, how do you work with raw files?

At best, my files are noisy, i'm wondering if there is anything special i can do with a raw that i wouldn't have been able to do with a jpeg or what normally comes out of a point and shoot.
>>
should i get a ricoh gr/coolpix a or a film compact with a 35mm-40mm focal length like a contax t2 or something? digital is more convenient but i prefer the 35mm focal length to 28mm but the rx1's shape is too fucking weird to fit in a jacket pocket (and it costs too much anyway) and the x100 is too big as well
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 612x816
What's the most pancake M42 lens? I can't seem to find anything smaller than the Helios 44m

Image Width612
Image Height816
>>
>>2688420
Noisy how? Grain is predominantly dark areas? That is caused by taking your pictures with a high ISO (sensor sensitivty). Are you testing out your camera by shooting anime figurines in a dark basement? If so that's probably the cause.

Your camera may or may not have auto ISO that can be turned off. I suggest doing that until you understand picture-taking better. I persoaly have auto ISO off and have mapped my fn key to change it.

For editing raw files try rawtherapee if you're a fosstard or Lightroom if you're a sheepish goy
>>
>>2688600
>Lightroom
any guides on this that are good? i found a 2 hour youtube, but its 2 hours for 15 things.

also there a specific version of this i should get, apparently on version 6 there are some known issues
>>
File: smoke6.jpg (32 KB, 770x513) Image search: [Google]
smoke6.jpg
32 KB, 770x513
Poorfag and beginnerfag here

All I have is an LG Stylo smartphone. How can I get into photography and get some skills before I buy an actual camera?

Also, what're some good camera's that a poorfag can start with?

>>
File: IMG_5487.jpg (383 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5487.jpg
383 KB, 2048x1366
how do I fix my camera?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:10:21 23:01:13
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length32.00 mm
Image Width2048
Image Height1366
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2689141
with a broom
>>
>>2689141
reassemble in reverse order
>>
>>2688946
>How can I get into photography and get some skills before I buy an actual camera?

this will take time, as you know. I would suggest to just take photos of everything you can, or everything you want to take photos of. Get a good grip on composition, natural lighting, and editing. Then if you are confident enough, downsize the photos and post them here and expect HARSH, but constructive criticism that you will learn from.

>Also, what're some good camera's that a poorfag can start with?

id suggest a Pentax K-50, or a Nikon d3200, shits pretty cheap on amazon
>>
Anyone ever photographed those color run things? Is it possible to pull it off without fucking your gear up?
>>
>>2680703
These two images get horribly compressed when I upload them anywhere, I cant escape the banding or bit crushing. They look perfectly fine on screen, but once they get uploaded, the compression destroys them. Anyway to combat this?
>>
File: Flashportait.jpg (85 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Flashportait.jpg
85 KB, 1000x667
>>2689351

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width3000
Image Height2000
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:10:21 16:15:18
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
File: Haloalt.jpg (50 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Haloalt.jpg
50 KB, 1000x667
>>2689353

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:10:21 16:58:56
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>2683501
wait, what's all this about? I have to keep the shutter below 50 if I'm using a 50mm lens? Wut
>>
New guy here, What is the point of ever buying a fixed lens camera? I feel like lens can be an investment that has a longer life than bodies and you can just buy a new body after a few years?
>>
>>2689356

the old rule of thumb is that the fastest you can handhold a lens without blur is 1/focal length (so, 50mm would be 1/50, 500mm would be 1/500, 24mm would be 1/24).

This doesn't necessarily hold true anymore with today's high-resolution sensors. These days, it's closer to 1/(focal length x 2).

>>2689363

The point of a fixed-lens camera is compactness and convenience at the sacrifice of versatility. You can build both the camera and the lens much more compactly if you don't have a lens mount.
>>
>>2689141
buy an a7rii
>>
>>2689377
Is it related to physics or it's just a useful coincidence?
>>
Ever feel like your skills are constantly regressing? Like the more photos you take, the worse they look compared to your older stuff that probably didn't even look that good anyway?
>>
>>2680703
How does the shutter in a fully mechanical camera work? How is it timed? Is it similar to a watch (not that I know how mechanical watches work either).
>>
>>2689347
It really fuck's your gear up, the colour dust gets inside lenses and body.
One thing you can do is buy these underwater bags for your camera. It should work pretty well
>>
I'm trying to figure out a way or method to connect my off camera flashes to a studio strobe battery pack. I was given the battery pack by a friend and I figure there has to be a way to do this, DIY or not. I'd prefer solution I can just buy though.

The studio strobe battery pack has those little specialized outlets on them rather than normal American wall outlets.
>>
File: Insane-Clown-Posse-300-x-300.jpg (1 MB, 1664x1664) Image search: [Google]
Insane-Clown-Posse-300-x-300.jpg
1 MB, 1664x1664
>>2689693
Magnets
>>
How come modern day short films on youtube always look too real? Like I'm seeing real life? But when I go to the cinema, it's shot in a way that looks like a film

Are different filters being used? Different frame rates? I also noticed than soap operas look different too in the sense that when I'm watching it I know this is a soap opera
>>
how do people get the streaming lights on roads/motorways?

do they take a pic over others? like not changing the frame on a film camera and taking pictures over the same frame?
>>
>>2689730
Quite right, frame rate is a big factor.
>>
>>2689630
Yes, i was looking at some photos and my latest are like my worst. Why?
>>
>>2689208
Thanks!
>>
Is there a way to make the shutter on a DSLR more quiet? (specifically Canon 550D)
>>
>>2689733
It's called Long Exposure. They take a picture that has a shutter speed of a few seconds. Meaning the camera shutter stays open for long enough to capture motion.

You know when you take a shaky blurry pic? it's the same idea.
>>
if your shooting raw, is it still important to read the historgram?

if your shooting manual do you still have to use the exposure adjustment thing?
>>
>>2689840
Some cameras have a silent shutter mode, I doubt a 550D has it.
Your mirror and curtain create noise when they flip up and expose the picture, this creates some noise and vibrations unfortunately. As you may guess, there is not much you could do to make that action quieter.
If you want to creepshot a little less obnoxious, turn of the focusing beep in your settings and get a lens that focuses quieter.

>>2690334
I'd always advise to read the histogram and fix your exposure errors on location. There is only so much you can do that home and one day you won't be able to fix your laziness in post.
>>
Anyone know any ways how I can find out who shot this?
>>
i want to take a picture of a really long hallway. what should i do for the depth of field and width of the lens and everything? like, 35 or 50 or 70 etc. im just looking for opinions.
>>
>>2690743
google image search
>>
>>2689840
Mirror lockup and live view. Consult your manual for more details
>>
Where is a good place to set up an indoor studio? renting out an office space?
>>
>>2689356
jesus no
>>
>try to clean sensor
>completely fuck it up
>>
I work in a lab, process E-6, C-41, B&W, flextight scanning etc. So lots of benefits.

However I want to move on to being able to earn more.

What kind of field should I move towards? Im not sure about transferable skills, or going back to study (30 atm, don't have a STEM degree etc).

Any ideas? Anyone done this before?
>>
Can I switch lenses on a Zenit 11 while there is film in it, or will this cause light leaks?
>>
>>2689405
>is it related to physics
i mean technically. but no.
>>
>>2691487
can you hook me up with some chemicals? i want to develop my own film
>>
>>2691783
What kind? And depends on you're country I'm not U.S.
>>
File: DJI_0078(2).jpg (1 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
DJI_0078(2).jpg
1 MB, 3000x2250
is there any method to stop blurry long exposures with drones? also, what are these white specks in the photo?
>>
File: MoodyBlues.jpg (41 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
MoodyBlues.jpg
41 KB, 200x250
>>2689141
>>
>>2691898
Put a tripod under your drone.

On a more serious note. Faster shutter speed and hover in one spot. So use close to max ISO and take like 16 shots hovering in that one spot if you don't like it noisy.

100k ISO on the A7s stacks out clean that way too for example.
>>
What do you do when you have a camera with a viewfinder less than a 100% coverage?

How do I compensate knowing my developed film will have a little extra?

or did i misunderstand
>>
I have a coolpix 990, is it good to learn? Any tips on how to learn by myself?
>>
>>2692124
You can learn something about what kinds of photos you like to take or such? Maybe also a bit about light and stuff.

But the camera is terrible IMO. Worse than most smartphone cameras. [I guess that also gives you some opportunity to learn about how to post-process poor photos...?]
>>
>>2692124
*to start learning
Sorry, bad english
>>2692129
I found that it's kinda good with macros with a lot of details pictured but other than that I know almost nothing of photography and I would like to learn
>>
>>2692144
> I found that it's kinda good with macros with a lot of details pictured
Well, if you find that it works for you, that's fine with me.

> but other than that I know almost nothing of photography and I would like to learn
Find out something specific you can't do or can't do well, and you can use a search engine. Or maybe ask how it is done.

Photography is relatively simple unqualified work anyways, most is just, well, eyeballing it. Very little science involved that isn't concealed in your gear and software.
>>
WHAT FUCKING SETTINGS DO I USE AT NIGHT?

APERTURE?
SHUTTER SPEED?
ISO?

I USED ISO 800, AND I SET MY SHUTTER SPEED TO AUTO, THEN I SET THE APERTURE TO AROUND f/4 OR A LITTLE HIGHER AND MY AUTOMATIC SHUTTER SPEED WAS GLOWING YELLOW AND WAS QUITE SLOW

SHOULD I MANUALLY OVERRIDE IT AND MAKE IT FASTER

HOW DO I KNOW WHATS RIGHT?

THE CAMERA TELLS ME IM WRONG BUT GLOWS GREEN WHEN I INCREASE THE APERTURE TO f/1.7 BUT THAT MEANS IVE GOT A LOT OF LIGHT HITTING PLUS THE ISO IS AT 800, ISN'T THAT GONNA FUCK SHIT UP

HOW DO I KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT

(NOT USING FLASH)
>>
>>2692458
This is all you need to hear

Higher ISO, if it ends up being too grainy, reduce that muthafucka.

Make that aperture wide Madonna butthole.

Use a tripod, so that your shutter speed can be long and not blurred.

Thats literally it.
>>
Hey/p!
I just entared the photography world and every time I take a picture outside the sky are too white.
I cant manage to take a picture with bothe the sky be visibale and the ground.
What am I doing worng?
I tried to raise the shutter speed and the f number but when i can see the sky well the object on the ground is too dark.

Im using X E 2 with kit lens.
Thanks!
>>
>>2692458
I'm purposefully not answering you because you're a fucking faggot who typed his entire post in caps.
>>
>>2692859
In high contrast situations, your camera will do its best to capture both highlights, and shadows, but it will fail a lot of the time, because the difference is just too dramatic. I can guess you're shooting JPEG, since you are struggling with fairly basic concepts, so you may try turning the contrast all the way down on your settings, but generally you want to shoot a scene where your subject is lit brightly, so that it doesn't become silhouetted against the sky.
>>
>>2692893
So how should i take a view pictures?
>>
>>2692859
take two pictures with different exposure, one for the sky and one for the ground, and stitch them together afterwards.
or buy a gray filter that you put over the lens where the sky is, so the sky gets less exposure.
or just turn around and shoot in another direction -- you're probably shooting in counterlight. photographies are usually better when you have the sun in your back.
>>
>>2692902
gradient filter*
>>
>>2692899
What
>>
How would you guys define ownership of a photo if I took it, and a friend (with my permission) edited it?

I used to do this for 4 months before realising I'm not bad, that I should keep control of anything I take and that I'm better at editing than my friend.

They now want to use it in a book, I only want it in there if I'm properly credited but think if I say that they'll say they edited it...
>>
>>2692909
you are the owner of the image, without doubt. you doesnt have the right to use the edited picture, but he hasnt either, without your permission.
>>
>>2692929
dont*
>>
is the viewfinder different to the developed slr picture?

or is the viewfinder exactly what im going to get?
>>
>>2693818
Depends on the SLR, some Nikon have a sort of DoF preview and not all have 100% coverage cause they cheaped out on the mirror, but generally yes.
>>
>>2692859
Properly expose the sky at normal levels and get a flash + slight diffusion for your subject. Get a flash that can work for your camera past the 1/250 limit and you're set
>>
>>2692909
You should make an equal licensing agreement on paper with your friend on each photo you "collaborate" with.
>>
>>2680703
Hello, is canon 50mm 1.8 good for night photos?
>>
File: 1370104905927.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1370104905927.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
really stupid question here.
What is RAW and why should I shoot on RAW?

>>
>>2694865
a file format different than a .JPEG where there's more data within the picture file to work with when editing/post-processing the photo. It makes a huge difference, but the only downside is 30MB files.
>>
>>2694873
huge differece in what?
as a begginer, do you suggest me to use RAW?
>>
>>2694876
Well, in laymans terms, its just more effective in editing. You can get away with more, without the picture starting to look crap. You can also change the white balance after you take the photo, which is the most magical part.

I wouldnt bother if you're just beginning.
>>
>>2694876
In information. For example, if you over or underexpose an image, you'll be able to recover more detail in a RAW file than a JPEG.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-10-09-35-07.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-10-09-35-07.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
I want to take more pictures. I want to take them all the time, and have a camera with me a lot more often. Here's the problem: I have a DSLR, and that is not exactly "portable"... It would be cool to be able to carry a camera with me in my jeans pockets while at work, class, etc + take photos of whatever, whenever. What do you guys recommend? It has to be digital, because I don't have the time to be bothered with film.

I currently use a Pentax K-50 with a kit lens (I hate this lens btw)
>>
>>2694923
RICOH GR
I
C
O
H

G
R

Or any other compact with aps-c sensor really.
>>
>>2694926
Thanks mate. That actually looks really nice. A bit pricey for what I'm trying to accomplish though. A bunch of people keep telling me to buy the Yashica T4 for some reason (probably because Terry R. uses it), but it uses film. Is there anything that's digital, and around the same price as the Yashica T4 with similar/equal specs?
>>
>>2694931
There was Nikon Coolpix A for 300$ quite some time. Not sure what it costs now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (59 KB, 368x616) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
59 KB, 368x616
Any recommendations for channels to follow?
>>
>>2694923
Used rx100 off eBay
>>
File: IMG_20151030_145239.jpg (66 KB, 550x639) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_145239.jpg
66 KB, 550x639
I have a stupid question.
If my girlfriend texts me a picture. Is there any possible way for me to see when that picture was taken without me going through her phone?

I wish to know when the picture was taken.
>>
>>2695080
It might have EXIF data. I think iPhones attach EXIF.
You can see some EXIF data in file properties in Windows or using certain software.
>>
>>2695082
The exif don't seem to give any info sadly. Maybe I'm not using a good site?

I feel like exif used to reveal camera types and everything. Now it doesn't tell much at all.
>>
>>2695083

just post it here yo

easy
>>
>>2695083
I use the program exiftool to check EXIF. Gives full detail (assuming it exists).
>>
Can I post retouched images in this board for critique if I wasn't the one who took them?
If no what board or what site that is active and is not Behance.
>>
>>2695238
Yeah, what's not welcome here is
>can u maek epic meme!
>>
I don't know shit about lighting. I've read a few tutorials online, but I don't even have a tripod or a light stand so I can't actually practice any of this on myself at home. How would I go about incorporating studio lighting techniques if I'm shooting people inside a comic book convention? I'm guessing I should try to find a darkly lit area inside the convention center, stick an external flash on a light stand and position it to wherever these guides say the light source should be. Would this be practical or even doable considering what the typical convention setting is like? Would I even find a dark enough area to pull this off?
>>
I want to self publish my first photo book. What service should I look at going with?
>>
>>2696895
Get a tripod first off.

Even a cheap 20usd one will suit your needs so far. The external flash is a good idea, and the dark corner is how most studios work, so you're good there.

But I highly suggest picking up actual books on how studio lighting works.

And invest in a remote for your camera if you cant get assistants.
>>
>>2697169
>books
Or just read the strobist...
>>
>>2689351
Stand far away and zoom in on the action with a 400mm lens
>>
How do I get better at focusing manually? My K-50 lets out a *BEEP* when it is "in focus", but is there a way to do this by eye? I say this because my kit lens (18-55) will often times make me miss a shot if the subject is moving. Autofocus will tweak out & not allow me to trigger the shutter. Meanwhile, if I switch to manual focus, I can fire off as many shots as I need. But when I do this, the photo can often times come out a bit shabby. As in, not as sharp as I would like it to be. Thanks in advance, mates.
>>
I recently got a rangefinder and I took a test roll yesterday.

The shots I got that were in focus I was happy with but some other shots had some missed focus due to flare on the rangefinder patch. Is there a way to avoid this or am I going to be stuck just using hyperfocal scale and using the viewfinder only for framing?
>>
>>2689351
Compress them yourself, and don't post them to sites that do compression.
>>
My Stupid Question...
Why is the ISO stepped like it was film e.g. 100 ISO 200 ISO. if you had the camera set to the aperture and shutter speed you wanted and had auto ISO on (not that i ever do) why can't the camera just select the right ISO for those perpetrators and come up with an ISO of say 341 or similar such odd numbers to give the desired results? Anyone know why they don't work this way?
>>
>>2697532
use a hood to prevent flare
>>
>>2698069
My Nikon uses small increments for auto ISO.
Could be a setting.

Sensors do tend to perform slightly better at certain ISO settings, so lowering ISO a little bit is not always beneficial.

Also, post processing can be easier if your images can be grouped into fixed ISO values.
>>
>>2698071
I think he meant he got flare in the viewfinder, not in the image.
>>
>>2698112
My Pentax does less than full stops but not random numbers like 341

>>2698115
Oops, Viewfinder hood? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Well, this is very retard. When i use the viewfinder of my mirrorless, i cant see the shutter speed/ aperture light changes until i take the pic, why is this and with film cameras is the same?
>>
>>2689730
>How come modern day short films on youtube always look too real? Like I'm seeing real life? But when I go to the cinema, it's shot in a way that looks like a film
>Are different filters being used? Different frame rates? I also noticed than soap operas look different too in the sense that when I'm watching it I know this is a soap opera

Yeah when they make a movie they just put a film filter in front of the camera, change the frame rate on the camera to 24p, and then presto! it looks like a movie now!

Actually though it has to do with how they designed the lighting. Usually Feature films have very carefully controlled lighting to make it look a certain way.
>>
>>2692012
crop the image in the blackroom if you have something extra you didn't want.
>>
>>2698406
>muh depth of field
>muh aspect ratio
>muh field of view
>muh perspective
>>
File: TS_Map_Blue2.png (435 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TS_Map_Blue2.png
435 KB, 1920x1080
Simple question. What country would you personally want to travel to the most, strictly for the purpose of taking photos and what not? What countries that you've actually visited has been your favorite?
>>
File: 1377036099000_IMG_333394.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1377036099000_IMG_333394.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Why don't the mirrorless camera makers built the Aperture mechanism into the camera itself?

I got the idea from seeing an adapter like this, it has 14 blades, far more than certain lenses which sometimes have 9 or even 7 blades only.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Aperture mechanism in the camera?
-You save a lot of weight in a backpack, instead of having 5 lenses which aperture rings/barrels, you only need 1 in the camera.
-The weight is shifting from lens end to body end, making the system more comfortable to hold.
-Lens manufacturers will save a ton of cost. This cost will transfer to the consumer, who gets cheaper lenses, and lighter lenses.
-You could even turn it into a Leaf shutter, and remove the other curtain shutter behind it. This one is optional of course.

So why not?
When Sony made a new system like the E-mount, surely they could have thought about this, and designed it into E-Mount specs.
>>
>>2699219
I'm definitely not an expert on lens construction, but:
- Often the apertures are between different elements of glass. This might be fore better bokeh or shorter lenses.
- An F 1.8 aperture in one lens might not have the same physical size of an F 1.8 aperture in another.
- You might want to maintain comparability with older lenses.

Idono man I'm just a dog
>>
File: 1334326707717.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1334326707717.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Why is F1.8 such a popular Aperture, when in reality it's F2 that is precisely "1 stop" faster than F2.8?
>>
>>2699219

I don't think the physical distance between the camera sensor/film is constant relative to the aperature blades of all lenses. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it would't work. You would also have some wierdass f/numbers.
>>
So why hasn't anyone tried to make a mirrorless camera with a non changeable lens? Something like a 50mm 1.8 since it's babby's first lens anyway. Basically a point and shoot, just not shit.
>>
>>2700622
As a wild guess, perhaps 1.8 was the best that many lens formulas could do successfully in the olden days.
>>
>>2700655
But they have. They're called compacts.
>>
>>2700666
I said not shit though.
>>
>>2700674
Coolpix A, Ricoh GR, Sony RX1

These are compacts, fixed lens, not shit. First two are 16mp APS-C sensors with 28mm lenses, the latter is a full frame 24(I think)mp sensor with a 35mm lens
>>
File: it.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
it.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
found the thread! ok!
should I buy a 1 year warranty on a refurbished Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACROS OS?
>>
>>2698171
When you are talking about an optical view finder, then notice that it does not 'look' through your lens. .. because it's >mirrorless<.
The shutter speed isn't noticeable on SLRs also.
An advantage of electronic view finders is, that this is like the only way to see instantly the effekt of all settings, including the effektive bokeh and shit.
>>
>>2691639
well ... think about it ... if the shutter wouldn't be closed like ALWAYS except when shooting a picture ... what would happen ... hm? what you guess?
>>
>>2680703
Can I get my camera to automatically focus without holding down the shootting button? EOS Rebel T1i
>>
>>2702529
google custom functions, and af/ae lock.
You can program the autofocus to work from the asterisk button under your right thumb.
It's how every non-mom uses autofocus.
>>
>>2700917
It's a shit lens. Don't buy it, anon.
>>
File: light-meter.jpg (8 KB, 650x250) Image search: [Google]
light-meter.jpg
8 KB, 650x250
If I'm using the light meter in my camera and it's centered at zero, does that mean if I fire an external flash that the extra light from the flash would overexpose the subject?
>>
>>2702768
Depends if it's TTL or manual
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1345x693) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1345x693
How do you guys feel about photographers who shoot in a certain style and have very minimal variations to their work? Yeah, I realize these are all headshots and there's only so much you can do with them. Individually I think they're great, but seeing them together irks me for some reason.
>>
>>2702911
This is the sign of a working photographer, where consistency and a lack of risk taking are considered a good bankable thing. That's the work that gets steady booking.

It's not meant to be art. You may be "irked" because you're looking for the art and the progress you've been told to judge a photographer by.

>>2702768
If the flash isn't affecting the exposure at all, and the flash is not dialed way back, and the scene is one that can be affected by a flash, yes, it will add some exposure. Generally you'll notice it most in the shadows.
>>
Is photoshop CC really better than CS6? Got a new pc and I'm not sure which one to get.
>>
File: Amazon_logo-8.png (502 KB, 2133x2133) Image search: [Google]
Amazon_logo-8.png
502 KB, 2133x2133
>getting a $150 amazon gift card from work
Can I get a decent camera for that?
>>
>>2702948
Not really, no, but it can supplement the purchase of an older used camera that doesn't suck.

Depends on what you're looking for.
>>
Hello

So I just started taking photos, as you can imagine I'm terrible, anyways I tried taking a picture of a neon sign

But like it's really bright, like you can't see the neon uhh tubes clearly like in real life

The image kind of glows, what did I do wrong? What should I have done? I took the image at night.
>>
>>2703950
Change your camera's light metering mode to spot meter on the sign
>>
>>2703952

Thanks Anon, I didn't even know I had that setting
>>
>>2703956
Read your manual two times with the camera in your hands.
>>
>>2703960

Well it's like how am I supposed to know what ISO/Shutter/Aperture I'm supposed to use everytime?

Shutter is a weird one, I'd imagine like 1/15 of a second is fast enough for everything right? What's the minimum for like if you're walking? 1/30?

ISO looks the same everysingle time I change the setting, is there such a time where I'll look at whatever I'm taking a picture and go hmmm, 300 ISO is perfect for this?

I have a point and shoot so I don't think aperture applies too much to me, it's something about focus but like at night it always goes down to 1.8 (I shoot in auto) to let in more light so it's not like you can tell the focus in night shots
>>
What does a "macro telephoto" lens mean?

I am looking for a lens to take photos of birds and want a telephoto lens. When I search on BH it has a lot of macro telephoto lens. Can I use a macro telephoto for birds that are far away?
>>
>>2703981

I should have added the lens I was looking at:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/396822-REG/Sigma_509109_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_DG_Macro.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/396833-REG/Sigma_508109_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_APO_DG.html
>>
>>2703974
be prepared for more confusion. I'll try to make it clear.

There's a special forumla for making sure a shutter speed is "fast enough", which is a bad laymans term for pictures not being blurry when you take handheld photos.

you take the focal length of your lens, and that is the shutter speed minimum you can handhold the lens. So if you have a 50mm lens, you can generally have it that low without motion blur. The wider the lens, the lower you can push this number.

If it's particularly sunny outside, this is all sort of nullified though, because you'll have to use a high shutter speed, or, if you try to go walk around outside at 1/30s shutter speed, you will take pure white photos.

Which leads into ISO, which you want as low as possible to prevent ugly grain and noise.

If your lens opens to 1.8, you're going to want to have as low ISO possible but as high shutter speed, and lower or up the shutter speed depending on how underexposed it is. ISO is a last measure, as it affects the pictures a lot.
>>
>>2703981
Just marketing really. It might have an average minimum focusing distance and the makers think it's worthy of putting on the box. I guess what they mean is that if you tried to point this lens at something small like a flower or bug or coin, it's gonna fill up the entire frame. it's just pretty impractical and you have to be a few feet away most likely.
>>
>>2703981
It's a telephoto lens who's near focusing distance allows you to get into the 1:4 or less reproduction ratio range.

That, or a telephoto-range macro, like a 200/4. Which is technically the same thing as above, but designed for dat 1:1 ratio stuff.
>>
>>2703989
Thank you very much. I'm new at this and I learn best by doing, not reading. The bigger the number, the farther it can see (or, make farther things closer)?

I didn't realize BH had a used department. I looked through it and found these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801204288-USE/pentax_21567_smcp_da_50_200mm_f_4_5_6_ed.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801161494-USE/pentax_27427_zoom_telephoto_smcp_fa_70_200mm.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801255448-USE/pentax_27607_zoom_telephoto_smcp_fa_80_320mm.html

I'm guessing the last one, 80-320 will be the best at bringing birds from across water and making them bigger.

Why is the F stop so close together with that one? "f/4.5-5.6" Will I not be able to do f8? This will be a good lens for getting crisp shots of flying birds and fast movie people like sports?
>>
>>2703991
$99 (used): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/801255448-USE/pentax_27607_zoom_telephoto_smcp_fa_80_320mm.html
$164 (new): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/423730-REG/Tamron_AF017P700_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_Di_LD.html
$169 (new): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/396822-REG/Sigma_509109_70_300mm_f_4_5_6_DG_Macro.html

These are within my price range. A local photographer uses, I believe, extension tubes to increase the distance the lens can get. Will the above be able to do that as well? I'd like something that has autofocus as I wear glasses and am not confident of getting clear shots.

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/11143/what-extension-tube-options-are-there-for-the-pentax-system

Sorry for so many posts.
>>
I have heard selecting a color mode (vivid, natural etc.) if you are shooting RAW doesn't affect the RAW image at all. Is this true?
>>
>>2704085

This is true. The RAW is completely unaffected.

What it does affect is the JPEG preview that the camera spits out for image review. It also saves the picture settings into metadata that your raw converter of choice may or may not be able to read. I have a Nikon camera. Lightroom can't read the picture control settings, but Nikon's own raw converter (capture nx-d) can.

It's best to not think of RAW files as images per se. It's raw data that the camera captured that can be turned into an image.
>>
>>2704089
If you set your camera to shoot RAW only, no jpg, what is the camera displaying to you in the LCD screen for the preview? The previewed shots are effected by things like color temperature, picture style etc.
>>
>>2704094
You are looking at a jpeg preview that the camera produces, but doesn't save to the card. The JPEG is affected by the presets. The raw file is not.
>>
How do I get better at focusing?
>>
>>2704099
You need to be more specific.
>>
File: JLP_20120430_3838_Blog.jpg (156 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
JLP_20120430_3838_Blog.jpg
156 KB, 900x600
Would a film rangefinder like pic related be suitable option for learning and taking an investment into photography? I'm interested in shooting film with manual controls, and the idea of using a rangefinder appeals to me. Would it be worth buying one, and spending money/investing on film, developing, scanning, editing, etc. if for whatever reason I'd be better off with a film SLR, or even a DSLR or digital (or any other type of camera) mirrorless which I might purchase anyways with the chance of going further into photography? I guess what I'm trying to get at is does choice of camera matter in this case (or any other)? Am I overthinking this? Should I just buy what I have in mind and go from there?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 (Windows)
PhotographerJames Pearson
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Image Created2012:04:30 22:24:29
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.47 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
does an 18-250mm lens need a hood? why or why not. Thank you very,very much! (the hood catches a little bit when I put it in my bag. If it doesn't do much, I'll put it aside).
>>
>>2704152
Do you actually know what the hood does? If not, look that up. Once you know, you can make an informed decision for yourself. It's rather straightforward.
>>
File: 1446842284657.jpg (914 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1446842284657.jpg
914 KB, 3000x2000
>>2689141
i wouldnt bother
after all its only a canon
>>
Hey guys, sorry for replying it in this thread, but I don't the right one.
Só, I want to get into photography.
An I ask. Where do I start?
And the good old anos will be like:" get a câmera and take photos"
The problemas is that I don't have any ideia how to take a interesting photo.
I just apreciate a good one and I'm crazy to enter in this world.
Is there a site for knowledge? Or should I keep going 4chan?
If there is a actuall thread for helping noobs, pls Let me know.
Thanks for the time, bye.
>>
>>2704241
/reddit/
>>
What do you use to resize you pictures?
>>
>>2698813
greenland
>>
>>2700917
no. it's soft all over.
>>
>>2680703
best RAW file viewer? not a fan of honeyview and windows photo viewer doesn't allow me to turn the images
>>
>>2688583
I personally have Industar 50-2.
Actually shot a nice soviet looking video with it.
>>
Any idea why the battery grip for my D7000 this morning decided not to let me use the shutter or thumb stick? Camera still sees the grip and sees its battery life, but thumb stick does nothing and shutter does nothing regardless of the little lock switch
>>
>>2700630
>I don't think the physical distance between the camera sensor/film is constant relative to the aperature blades of all lenses.

It even moves as you focus on some cameras (think anything with bellows focusing).
>>
File: 1374081438468.png (24 KB, 740x328) Image search: [Google]
1374081438468.png
24 KB, 740x328
Alright /p/, lend me your photoshop knowledge.

Been tasked with keying out a green screen background for someone's product photography.

How can I change it to white without getting that awful, pixelated edge that comes from cutting it out and dropping it onto a separate white background?
>>
Hey you /p/hucks. I just want a general use camera. I want good quality but I'm not trying to be professional. I'll jostle be taking pictures of my plants. Budget is $400. Any recommendations?
>>
>>2705532

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Camera-NIKKOR/dp/B00IA9LMNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447798348&sr=8-1&keywords=p340

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Optical-Full-HD/dp/B00EFILNV8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1447798367&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+s120

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100-Sensor-Digital-Camera/dp/B00889ST2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447798304&sr=8-1&keywords=rx100
>>
so,
why jav use ultrawide angle lens and shoot really close?
it's like they want to make their actress uglier.
>>
>>2705537
first 2 is junk.

>>2705532
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BOZ1XA6/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1447827040&sr=8-2&keywords=coolpix+a&condition=used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00889ST2G/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1447827098&sr=8-1&keywords=rx100&condition=used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00I8BICB2/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DM8R866/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KA1H9M6/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0160V0XD6/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HPQ09H6/
>>
Stupid question: what should I do with film between the time that it's shot and the time it's developed? I usually get 3 or 4 rolls done at the same time, and usually I just leave the film sitting on my desk. However, it's getting really really damn hot in Australia at the moment and I can't imagine the heat is doing the film a world of good. Should I put the exposed film in the fridge with my unexposed film?
>>
I've been approached by a company asking to license an old (and in my opinion not very great) photo. They want to know the cost to use. This is a first for me. I've never thought my photos very good. What would be a fair price?

>Licensing is requested for North American print, plus electronic use for a term of ten (10) years*, including digital delivery of the final product (which may include, but is not restricted to, tablets, mobile, in-context social media, and other content delivery platforms). All platforms and uses MUST be described as cited above and acknowledged in the invoice licensing terms. Unit runs will encompass all platforms.
>>
>>2704777
FastStone Image Viewer
>>
>>2706386
about tree fiddy.
>>
Shooting some slide film this weekend as the weather looks decent for once. Any tips? I've got a roll of Velvia 50 and I'm using a Nikon F2.
>>
Really silly question: I want to take photography class, and one of the requirments is a 35mm camera with manual shutter speed and "F" stop is needed. I was wandering if it was that the 18-55mm lenses could do.
>>
>>2706621

No, because you won't be able to manually adjust the "f-stop" (also known as aperture) on a 18-55 kit lens like that. It'll also be like looking through a peephole, since the image circle can't cover the full 35mm frame.
>>
>>2706623
oh I see. I was looking for that, and I saw that it is really expensive (400+ dollars). Is there any other camera with that specification that isn
t interchangeable lenses?
>>
>>2706624

You're looking in the wrong places, broski. Pretty much any old 35mm manual focus camera will do what you need. You can pick up a camera and lens for like fifty bucks off craigslist or ebay.
>>
>>2706626
Oh, really? Thank you very much, I'll look for it.
>>
>>2706626
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-Rebel-T2-35mm-SLR-Camera-with-the-EF-28-90mm-f-4-5-6-III-Zoom-Lens-/151881198255?hash=item235cd32aaf:g:pS8AAOSw7hRWQpeW#viTabs_0
like this one?
>>
>>2706628

I was thinking more like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minolta-X-370-Manual-Film-Camera-with-Original-MD-50-1-7-Lens-/320698726055?hash=item4aab2236a7:m:mkyO2moHGuH726Kc4lZRxuw
>>
>>2706629
when they say manual focus camera is film camera, no digital? Sorry, I really don't know about it.
>>
>>2706631

yeah, it's film.
>>
>>2706632
Ohhhh That changes a lot of things.... Ok! thank you very much! about the link you said, I have to get other lenses? because it says 50/1.7 Lens or is it equivalent to 35mm lens?
>>
>>2706635

When they say "35mm camera", they mean a camera that shoots 35mm film. The lens is irrelevant.
>>
What light meter should I get?
L-308s or L-478D?
>>
>>2706641
Ohhhhhhh ok! thank you very much!
>>
>>2698071
>>2698136
Ayyyy, I learned to look at an angle and rely on the hyperfocal scale on my lens. Worked out pretty gud.
Than god for B/W processing. Allowing me to process all my embarassing images at home without paying £3 per roll to have a muslim stare at them and judge me when I go to pick them up.
>>
>>2706643

No problem, buddy. Thanks for keeping the board clean and asking the appropriate questions in the right thread. I'll be happy to help with anything else.
>>
I got a new lens and to take the hood cap off, it rotates, making a grinding sound. It also doesn't go in all the way. Is it okay to manually adjust it? I don't want to harm my new lens but I don't know of any other way of taking the lens hood on/off.
>>
I also got a lens band. It's "49mm to 67mm". My lens takes a 62mm filter. It's seems awfully tight and it's very difficult to put on. Is it suppose to be like that?
>>
>>2710319
You bought an ad, bro. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>2710323
I don't care about that. I hike a lot and my lens does creep down. If it really bothered me, I could just turn it so the writing is on the inside. Did I get the right size? Is it suppose to be that tight and being that tight, will it damage the lens how it is on the photo? (I don't think it would.)
>>
>>2710330
I don't think it'll damage it... but how is that even going to stop creep?
>>
>>2710350

Dude has it installed like a dummy. You're supposed to overlap the rotating section of the zoom ring with a stationary part of the lens.
>>
>>2710350
>>2710354
Well duh. I put it on like that for the photo. When I'm out hiking, I'll move part of it over the zoom ring. In the meantime, if I want to use that lens, I want it useable right away, and not have to worry about not being able to zoom. (So if I grab my camera to take a quick photo, I want it operational right away.)
>>
>>2710355

k.

if you're mounting your lens hood, i would make sure you're gripping the focusing part of your lens barrel (the part that moves in and out) so that you aren't torquing it with the lens hood. The grinding you're hearing is probably the autofocus gearing being torqued.
>>
>>2710358
I store my lens hoods on the camera, but backwards. So when I go to take it off, I can't hold anything. I guess I can press the camera against me, and hold the front down and twist the hood off like that. I was just wondering if there was a better way.

When I turn the camera off, it will leave a gap as shown >>2710318. Is it okay to twist that so it's flush? What do?

Sorry if I am stupid/paranoid. I don't want to accidentally harm my gear.

What do you guys use to stop creep?
>>
I want to develop my knowledge with a camera. Are there any guides or "lessons" I could follow to help me practice and learn the theory behind photography?
>>
File: muhdog.jpg (510 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
muhdog.jpg
510 KB, 1000x665
Is there a measurement for how far you'd need to stand back to get the same field of view as a full-frame camera using a camera with a smaller sensor?

(The measurement would have to be different for each sensor. Something like, "if it's a 1.5x crop factor, then stand 3 times farther back or something?)
>>
>>2694865
RAW files are like a negative for a digital camera. Open them in Photoshop in post and you can get so much more detail than shooting, say a JPEG, which, by definition, compresses your photo and as a result losing some detail. The only downside is that since the files aren't compressed at all (as previously mentioned), your SD card will fill up fast. RAW image files can be big, around 30 MB.
>>
>>2695066
Art of Photography is a good one
>>
>>2704236
kek
>>
File: 1442878395719.jpg (104 KB, 380x326) Image search: [Google]
1442878395719.jpg
104 KB, 380x326
Can't find the option to fully clear an SD card on the a7r ii. Is there a way?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.