[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stock Photos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Sdisneyland.jpg (568 KB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
Sdisneyland.jpg
568 KB, 4272x2848
Anyone sell or has worked in selling stock photos?

I'm currently travelling and hoping some things may be usable, just joined Alamy and awaiting approval on this and some other images.

Any tips on selling and/or creating stock photos? (And not get explioted tf by stock photo sites)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1100D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4272
Image Height2848
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:07:13 11:15:07
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4272
Image Height2848
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Try and sell stock photos that include Disney Trademarks and copywritten material.

Report back from the courtroom.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160713-070517.png (431 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160713-070517.png
431 KB, 1440x2560
Secondly, you need to have a clear business plan and upload a shitload of images that are relevant to buyers AND your keywording strategy needs to be spot on.

I had some interactions with some stock guys. They uploaded >1,000 images a month and had elaborate schedules and calculations for projected profit and loss.

About 4 years ago, I uploaded 15 mediocre images to dreamstime. $35 earned so far.

Flickr asked me to be part of that Getty program and I still haven't replaced the images with high res yet, but that will be a bust as well.

You can't really dabble in this and expect a great outcome.
>>
>>2882152
You might get lucky and sell a pic or two every few years. Selling travel stock was hard even in film days when we used to ship original slides all over the world. These days it's just not worth the effort of captioning and keywording the things
>>
>>2882172

on Alamy you're able to submit images with that but under different rights, can't recall exactly what but it's licensing the images differently

>>2882176
.>1000 p/m is a shit ton, doubt I'll be that large scale for a while (currently at college) but kicking out 100 or couple hundred per month is do-able. Guessing quantity over quality/creativity of content is the thing here

>>2882178
Yeah, I doubt I'll sell a lot of travel stuff, just seemed like a good place to start with some submissions until I find a studio to rent and crack out a few hundred stock shots
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.