[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know how to set up a photograph with a persons face
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: image77.jpg (158 KB, 700x938) Image search: [Google]
image77.jpg
158 KB, 700x938
I don't know how to set up a photograph with a persons face as subject matter. Note I dont mean a whole person doing something/street photography but photos with a focus on a face. How do I make it interrsting?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width700
Image Height938
>>
if you can be more specific about what exactly this... assignment(?) is, people can almost certainly give more pertinent advice. at the very least could you post an example of a portrait of "just someone's face"? i'm having trouble figuring whether you're talking about filling the frame with their face, shooting it in a way that their face is lit and the rest of their body is in shadow, or just a normal portrait that emphasizes the face in its composition. here are some general ideas off the top of my hed tho.

light it in a dynamic way that emphasizes whatever you want to emphasize with the portrait. are they violent or coldblooded? a bare strobe will emphasize a lot of the hard lines of their face. are they a real beauty queen or some shit? you could use a ring flash and/or a softbox to soften their features & make them seem more feminine. are they a loner by nature? light nothing but the face, make their face totally visually isolated. are they a beloved humanist of some sort? d-don't do that, I guess

also makeup and styling would def be pretty useful if you have access to those sorts of resources, or you know anyone wit the skills to function in those roles.
>>
File: faces.png (938 KB, 1192x564) Image search: [Google]
faces.png
938 KB, 1192x564
>>2872003
I guess I'm looking for portraits that are interesting. I randomly try and google something and I find this kind of stuff. Most of the pictures are black and white. and the 'Interesting' ones are butt ugly. Maybe face portraits have reached their artistic height?
>>
>>2872021
google is about the worst source for inspiration
look up magazines or specific portrait photogs
>>
>>2872045
Why is her vagina on fire?
>>
>>2872064

because shes le kike woman of horny.
>>
>>2872064
Feel the Bern--amirite?
>>
File: slide06[1].jpg (154 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
slide06[1].jpg
154 KB, 900x450
>>2871995
>>2872021
>all that artistic nonsense
You're not using the right search term.
Forget portraiture, try searching google for "headshot+photography"
For even more specific results, add keywords to that search: beauty, cinematic, fashion, male, female, child, and you get the idea.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.