[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
getting started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1284908276733.jpg (8 KB, 280x359) Image search: [Google]
1284908276733.jpg
8 KB, 280x359
How do you become a good photographer and start getting gigs? I'm learning as much as I can, but I'd like to get to eventually doing photoshoots and lightroom editing.

Also when you see photographers book a shoot with a hot model, how do the logistics of that work? Does the photographer pay the model and then the photographer has rights to the images? When people book a specific photographer that they really want, does the photographer get paid?

How do models and photographers get paid?
>>
>>2869463
>How do you become a good photographer and start getting gigs?

Depends wildly on what sort of gigs you're talking about. Weddings? Fancy parties? Corporate events? Runway shows? Advertising photography? etc. Be more specific.

>Also when you see photographers book a shoot with a hot model, how do the logistics of that work? Does the photographer pay the model and then the photographer has rights to the images? When people book a specific photographer that they really want, does the photographer get paid?

You can use modelmayhem.com for example. If you're new and don't want to pay em, you can find new models looking for "TFP" (trade for prints) or "TFCD" (trade for CD - meaning digital files) gigs where you photograph them and then give them copies of those photos to use in their portfolio. Experienced models don't really need to do this, since their portfolios are generally plenty big enough. Sometimes a photog gets paid, sometimes not - it's 100% situational.

>How do models and photographers get paid?

By whatever or whomever hired them to do the shoot, the same person paying the stylists and the makeup artists and the lighting guys and the guy writing the ad copy.
>>
>>2869465
Thanks for the info :)
>>
>>2869468
sure

i'm gonna get the lead out and just ask you - are you very new to photography in general? how long have you been doing it?
>>
>>2869470
been shooting with manual settings for about 2- 3 months. Was just doing everything on auto before with a nikon d60. I have a sony a6000 now with adapters and old lenses. Got a pentax 50mm 1.4 and a kiron 80-255mm and the 18-50mm sony emount that came with the camera.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.