[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0
What is the best place to learn more about taking good photos?
Started photography about a month ago and bought a shitty DSLR and I am having a lot of fun, but it's so obvious my photos are snapshits

I mean, obviously, practice and all that, but to train your eye to see better and understand things more

Thanks
>>
>>2867721
I watch a lot of videos on youtube, it takes for fucking ever to distil that down into something useful, but it's free.

I can't recommend any books, but they are a good bet. Do you have any friends who are decent photographers?

I learned all the basic shit like rule of thirds, and just practice with exposure - stuff like this:
http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/10-top-photography-composition-rules

This is just a really poor example, but from googling I found this knowledge.

DSLRs are a double edged sword because you can spend forever learning the basics as it's extremely forgiving. Film + B/W film is a very steep learning curve but my god do you learn a shit tonne.
>>
>>2867754
thank you so much

do you know any good Youtubers you could recommend?

If I really get into this whole thing, I might try film, it really seems interesting
>>
>>2867756
Good question, I don't follow many photography channels, but for inspiration / insight I'm subscribed to Art of Photography.

This guy is very passionate, and his earlier videos are extremely useful.

The is a Matt Day who is also an interesting guy who focuses mostly on film, very informative but he tends to ramble a lot.

Other than that I would hit up a photography club if you're in uni, or meet with like minded people. That sort of atmosphere will really motivate you!
>>
>>2867768
thanks once more, I will check out Art of Photography!
>>
>>2867756
Actually, I just checked.

Go to The Art of Photography, and go to his videos. Then select "date added (oldest)", and you'll see what I mean. Very basic stuff, but very informative.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.