[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored late at night here, wondering what everyone has done to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: BAM.jpg (330 KB, 2250x942) Image search: [Google]
BAM.jpg
330 KB, 2250x942
Bored late at night here, wondering what everyone has done to get their names/photos out there. I know there are so so so many 'photographers' out there. Most of them just starting out with their Iphones or posting selfies with their DSLR posting about "OMG just became a photographer!" editing them with instagram filters.

I've been passionate about photography for many years and only recently gathered the funds to start buying my own gear instead of borrowing. Has always been an expensive hobby but would love to get my name out there. Would love to hear any story of how an amateur photographer became known to the public.
>>
>>2857296
>Most of them just starting out with their Iphones or posting selfies with their DSLR posting about "OMG just became a photographer!" editing them with instagram filters.

You're one of them. Have some self-awareness. Go do something else.
>>
I actually sell camera equipment as well as take photos so when I'm selling I usually use my photos as a demonstration for certain lenses or bodies. Then sometimes I get asked if I could do a photo shoot for that person. Then every so often one person tells another person and before you know it you've got a stream of customers both looking to buy gear and customers looking to have a shoot done. It's especially nice during wedding and graduation season because people will come in to buy a camera for their kid as a gift and end up buying it as well as wanting a senior photo shoot done.
>>
>>2857296
Go meet people. Become a positive part of the community. Produce photos that people remember/like more than the others around them. Have something unique or interesting to say.
>>
>>2857302
>Go meet people. Become a positive part of the community. Produce photos that people remember/like more than the others around them. Have something unique or interesting to say.

lul.

OP i went to a workshop of a renowned artfag. it works for contacts and to put a project of yours in the public eye. works better than "being a positive part of the community".
>>
>>2857306
So you're saying that in stead of "go meet people, and be a positive part of the community by producing photos" you should in stead "go meet people and be a positive part of the community by getting your work out there"

Man, I'm glad you came to save us from that other guy's bad advice.
>>
>>2857310

oh sorry for sharing a specific tip anon could follow, instead of "bee urself, shine ur light", my bad.
>>
>>2857319
You said the word workshop. You really thing that was some game-changing revelation that warranted "luling" at the other guy's post that is literally the exact same advice as yours?
>>
>>2857299
only true answer desu
>>
>>2857322

if i only said "workshop" then id be giving wrong and incomplete advice.
>>
>>2857299
You... you're right... I'll just go kill self now
>>
>>2857300
Strange but awesome situation haha, I've actually recently been asked to photograph a friends friends wedding. Not during an actual wedding ceremony but just photos of the couple signing the paperwork and romantic shots in scenic places. Picked me simply from liking my photos I share and the fact that professional wedding photographers usually charge more than the wedding costs
>>
have shows in galleries
>>
"Anyone who uses the word workshop outside of light engineering is a twat." Alexei Sayle
>>
>>2857478
>"Anyone who uses the word workshop outside of light engineering is a twat." Alexei Sayle

anyone who quotes people as if that were equal to stating a truth is a sad simpleton with no wits or original reasonings.
>>
>>2857486
"anyone who quotes people as if that were equal to stating a truth is a sad simpleton with no wits or original reasonings" (you)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.