[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING INSTAGRAM!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-09-46-17.png (793 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-09-46-17.png
793 KB, 1440x2560
Fucking instagram is going to fuck everything up!

Today I noticed they changed the feeds to a non-chronological layout!

This is the beginning of the end, they're going to fuck you out of getting new followers and you will no longer be able to get your stuff out there

Pic related is how it's organized now. Accounts not related
>>
Could you not have posted this in one of the instagram threads?
>>
>>2845945
No, because this I'm not fagging out my instagram account. This is a thread about instagrams newest fuck up. Do you not understand how big of a deal this is?

They're acting like this is going to be better for the consumers by filtering their content according to how they see fit. This will force you to purchase advertisement spots for your instagram if you want your followers to even see your material.

This is exactly what they did with facebook, and this is exactly why I don't use facebook anymore for my photography
>>
>>2845953
Great. Then something new will come along, and you can switch to that. Ta-da. The world turns.

It's a social media account. It's free. You don't get to be this worked up. They're free to do literally whatever they want. You might want to re-read your sign-up agreement.
>>
>>2845964
I'm aware they are allowed to do what they want to, it just fucking sucks. I knew it was coming, I just didn't want it to come.

And as of right now, it doesn't appear like there are any feasible replacements, because snapchat is worthless, flickr is going down the toilet with yahoo, g+ is a joke. I haven't seen anything good yet
>>
>using Instacrap
>having to justify your snapshits by vapid social media "likes"
>implying "likes" are a measure of skill
>>
>>2845974
>posting your photos on /p/
>Thinking the people on /p/ have any clue about photography
>Thinking your street snapshits are worthwhile to any degree

Sorry, but social media is a better measure of skill than the echo chamber of /p/ where people circle jerk to shitty street photography.
>>
>>2845974
Everyone knows swamps and amount of equipment found in the garbage is the true measure of an artist.
>>
>>2845980
Funny, people dont even post anything anymore here. I'd like to know what street photography you are even referring too.
>>
>>2846105
All of it. It's all shit. 99% of the photos posted on /p/ are /p/ure /p/oo/p/.
>>
>>2846110
Probably not as bad as your shit. Granted you probably haven't even shot in a lomg while.
>>
>>2845980
>Sorry, but social media is a better measure of skill than the echo chamber of /p/ where people circle jerk to shitty street photography
You must be having a fucking laugh mate, /p/ is shit we all know that but the critique here is devastating which is what most pretentious fucks need
>>
>>2846114
True, the critque here is devastating, but it's not constructive or useful in anyway. It's hateful for the sake of being hateful. And to top it off you're being criticized by talentless fucks that have been fooled by the film memes and the street photography memes. Almost all of the criticism here is useless, and I will never post my photos on here to get criticism again.

The last time I did, I posted a literal award winning image, published in multiple magazines, I've made over $10,000 selling prints of it out of a gallery I was in. And the criticism was borderline harassment. I was told it was pure shit without telling me why they thought that, I then got doxxed and they started shit posting on my social media. And all this coming from social retard on /p/ that do street photography because they're too beta to do portraits of real people

>>2846112
Yeah, not going to post any of my shit on here ever again.
>>
>>2846127
Actually you know what you're right, I made an effort not that long ago to give proper critique in threads because I hadn't seen an honest attempt at it in months and it felt like a complete waste of time, people were grateful but yeah what difference will it make
>>
>>2846127
>The last time I did, I posted a literal award winning image, published in multiple magazines, I've made over $10,000 selling prints of it out of a gallery I was in. And the criticism was borderline harassment. I was told it was pure shit without telling me why they thought that, I then got doxxed and they started shit posting on my social media. And all this coming from social retard on /p/ that do street photography because they're too beta to do portraits of real people

lol wut
>>
>>2846164
Yes, that actually happened here on /p/. Im not trying to talk up my photography, but I can think of no other reason than they were jealous or something. Never encountered that ever before, but I will never post another one of my photos on /p/, at least nothing that will lead to me in any way
>>
>>2846164
Every pro that ever showed their faces here turned their back on /p/. There's not one that didn't realise this place is a hole
>>
>>2846167

I don't believe a word you're saying.
>>
>>2846167
Post that award winning picture then.
>>
>>2845953
They've been worsening the app bit by bit since the launch. The death spell was cast when they allowed android babbies in and turned it from a photography/blog like platform to a meme/selfie shitfest. Ruining apps to please stockholders is behaviour thats pretty much expected from techie companies, but yeah we should be outraged, especially us who have used it from the start
>>
>>2846180
>meme/selfie shitfest

lol that's what it originally was, nigger.
>>
I've had stuff be non-chronological for at least a month now and I seriously haven't noticed a difference in how it's to use at all. I feel it just bumps posts I've missed from people whose pictures I often like/view.
>>
>>2846180
>sent from my iPhone
here - you dropped this, fag
>>
>>2846174
You don't have to believe me
>>2846176
But I'm not going to be baited into posting my photo on here. Seriously, never doing that again

>>2846180
Yeah, it's always going to devolve into that, but while there are shit loads of selfies on there, it's still a great platform to put yourself out there. Not so much now that they've made this change. Pretty sure android has nothing to do with it
>>
>>2846210

literally no one has the energy or motivation on this board to dox you. you're full of shit.
>>
>>2846229
It was easy, all they did was reverse image search my photo, and they had all my social media and info about me. You don't have to believe me
>>
>>2846290

B U L L S H I T
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
>>2846305
OKAY
K
A
Y
>>
File: 1464059322724.jpg (40 KB, 532x343) Image search: [Google]
1464059322724.jpg
40 KB, 532x343
>people make shit images
>get blown the fuck out by based /p/

>b-b-b-but other people like them
>b-b-b--bbut some retard gave me money for it ergo it's good

some things never change
>>
>>2846464
That's not what I'm bassing it off of. The fact that it was hanging in a gallery, and the fact that it was published in major magazines is pretty good objectiveness to it being good
>>
>>2846471

Which magazines?
>>
>>2845942
Agreed.
/p/ is full of shit nobody encourage you or give you a better advise. They only encourage you or give you a better advise they give if you're a filmfag. Like fucking seriously? These fags believe that film cameras are superior than digital slr lol.
>>
>>2846477
Film cameras are better though.
>>
>>2846487
HOW
O
W
>>
>>2846210
I actually do believe it. One time I posted a photo here that I'd had published in multiple magazines and books, and which had made at least $20k in print sales. (Split between me and the model, though.) /p/ shat all over it and at the same time refused to believe I was the photographer.

I've totally given up on posting my serious stuff here, and when I post pics at all, I make sure they're ones that I haven't published anywhere else, so people can't reverse search their way to my identity.
>>
>>2846493

Let's see the photo. ;)
>>
>>2846472
Popular Photography
Digital photo Pro

And one called Extraordinary Vision, which was the largest landscape photo magazine on iTunes
>>
>>2846488
They have everything you need to take a picture and nothing else.
>>
>http://petapixel.com/2016/05/23/four-unreleased-instagram-features-hidden-apps-code/

Get ready for pay2likes on instagram
>>
>>2846525
SO DO DSLRS
>>
>>2846493
>still hasn't posted the picture
>doesn't even know how to modify it as to make it impossible to reverse search, because he's a retard and bad at at things

Pics or it never happened.
>>
>>2846544
This actually sucks if they'll implement this stuff. The boosting stuff is just a bullshit money grab.
>>
Hahah jokes on them! I don't have any followers or likes!
>>
>>2846290
>>2846127
Can anyone actually remember this faggot and can lend credence to his buttblasted rant or it it just another delusional roleplayer?

I don't post here often but I don't recall any doxing and trolling of some faggot.

>>2846229
>literally no one has the energy or motivation on this board to dox you. you're full of shit.
pretty much this desu senpai
>>
>>2846127
Jesus you are being this butthurt, talking shit about /p/, and how you will never post your stuff here ever again, and yet you are STILL posting on /p/.

If you think this place is so shit then go somewhere else.
>>
>>2846693
Im on 4chan for /pol/, but i've been working as a photographer for 8 years, so I always like going on /p/ because it's also relative to my life

>>2846688
It's not like the doxxing they do on /b/ where they sent the circus to my house. They just did a reverse image search on my photo, posted my real name all of my social media, and started shitposting on there
>>
>>2846703
I've been using my real name here since 2008. Posted multiple links to all social media, my website, my wife's shit, etc. Never had a single issue, even when tripping for like three years. If people actively went after you, you deserved it for something you were doing at the time.
>>
>>2846703

>I'm on 4chan for /pol/

You deserve every bit of shit you got, fuck off you cancer
>>
>>2845974

This is how I know you're a moron.

Likes don't equate to skill, but it does get you paid. I have 10k followers and get 1k+ likes on my pics. I've gotten thousands of dollars in free gear and actual paid gigs because of my social media influence and photography skills. Instagram does fucking count in the real world, and the only people who say it doesn't are morons like you who don't know how the system works.
>>
>>2846704
I've posted links to my instagram as well, but it wasn't until people started accusing me of being a shit photographer in some random thread, where I posted a photo, that they then started harassing me.

>>2846736
What's wrong with /pol/? I obviously go onto other boards as well, and I can hold a normal conversation
>>
>>2845953
>Do you not understand how big of a deal this is?
No. Mainly because I'm not an "instagram photographer" :^)
>>
>>2846703
>Im on 4chan for /pol/
>is a paranoid liar who seriously believes that invisible assailants are doxxing him
>thinks he's too good for the board he visits all the time

sounds about right.
>>
>>2846586
>and nothing else
Please try and justify your program modes and filters :^)
>>
>>2846758
Hey, I never said I thought I was too good for this board. It's just everybody on this board thinks they are too good for anybody else, hence the horrid criticism everybody gives. I'll atleast give good constructive criticism to anybody, especially people that have terrible photos and are just starting out. You tell them what's good about the photo, and what they could do to make it better

>>2846757
That's fine, you don't have to be an instagram photographer, but instagram and social media in general is very important to you if you want to be a photographer
>>
>>2846759
Please justify the reason having a camera that does one thing is better than a camera that does all the things.
>>
>>2845983
kek
>>
>>2846761
>instagram and social media in general is very important to you if you want to be a photographer

bro have you seen gursky's instagram that shit is off the hook.
>>
>>2846741

[Citation needed]
>>
>>2846741

>I have an inflated sense of self-worth because of my presence on social media of 10K "followers" and 1K "likes"

>look how awesome I am look at all these things I've done and I'm better than you because I have more followers and likes

guaran-fucking-teed if these people met you in real life they would not know it's you.

instagram is so fucking vapid it's like a god damn popularity contest perpetuated by attention-whoring broads and "photographers" who put stupid-assed filters on their shitty cell phone snaps and instantly they think they're Margaret Bourke-White.
>>
File: 1378939648609.png (65 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1378939648609.png
65 KB, 250x221
>>2846770
>>2846771

wew lad
>>
>>2846769
Gursky is a scam, if you don't know already, his photography is simply purchased for mob-related activities to launder money, same with peter lik and his multi-million dollar photographs. It's not real
>>
>>2846775

You could say that about literally anyone in the currently hyperinflated art market. Gursky was a well-respected and renowned artist long before he sold the most expensive photographs in the world, however, and it's not really fair to compare him to a hack like Lik.
>>
>>2846771
you've been so salty lately
you should change your trip
>>
>>2846779
Lik has far more talent, much better images, and more highly complex technical ability in one pube on his nutsack than Gursky has in his whole body
>>
>>2846786

Nah, not going to bite. Nice try though.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 750x1096) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 750x1096
>>2846770

...ok. Sierra Designs as a small example.

Don't be salty that I've gotten paid gigs for national brands through social media, and you're barely making ends meet shooting weddings and graduations.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
CommentScreenshot
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width750
Image Height1096
>>
>>2846782
fuck off cunt
>>
>>2846905
I like that instead of responding to the post that you asked for, you instead decided to devolve into the petty bullshit namecalling that 4chan is famous for. Bravo.
>>
>>2846765
By your logic a phone camera is the best camera.
>>
>>2845942
this isn't surprising

it's owned by facebook, of course they're going to eventually start jewing hard
>>
>>2847239

Well, that and it's a free service. If something's free, you're the product.
>>
>>2846782
what is your trip tho. is it a crisp/?
>>
JUST USE VSCO AS A SOCIAL NETWORK YOU DENSE FUCKS
>>
>>2851865

Nothing says "I spend 500 bucks a month on coffee, take overhead pictures of every meal and my girlfriend owns six different fedoras" like a vsco url.
>>
>>2851865
>Use social networks to get a following and get your photography seen
>Use a less popular one with less users
Great idea! I should start advertising my business exclusively on google+ lol!
>>
>>2851870
>>2852261

>MUCH better designed compared to instagram
>isn't overloaded with selfies, sexbots, normie memes and beggars for follows
>users are mostly photographers and are actually interested in it
>you have collections to inspire yourself from other people
>this also makes it simple to be exposed through other people's collections
>has lots of articles and videos about photography, has component curators

but
>ONLY 30 MILLION USERS INSTEAD OF 400

Enjoy Instagram's new algorithm.
>>
>>2852297
>>users are mostly photographers
Yes, build up a follower of fellow photographers, that will totally get you customers!
>>
File: most-expensive-shitshoop-ever.gif (382 KB, 819x440) Image search: [Google]
most-expensive-shitshoop-ever.gif
382 KB, 819x440
>>2845980
we might be shit at photography but I promise you on IG you can take a good shot, post it, then take the same shot, apply 3 different filters that will ruin it and the latter version will be vastly more popular.

>>2846130
>boohoo my little critique didn't change the world forever
I do it to vent and also to refine my critique skills. See, being a good critique takes practice, a good eye, good judgement, etc... And ultimately if you can apply that to your work that will make you a much better photographer.

>>2846127
>muh awards
We live in a world in which Rhein II, a crappy shoop, is the most expensive picture ever. Pic related and fresh OC (look at the bottom edge).
>>
File: 17.jpg (183 KB, 810x560) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
183 KB, 810x560
>>2852309
Dude all of Gurskys photos are shoops, check out this one. Pic on the right is Gurskys final image, pic on the right is what the racetrack actually looks like

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1010
Image Height698
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:05:13 12:10:38
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width810
Image Height560
>>
>>2846897

>implying im not a truck driver who makes probably double your salary minimum
>>
>>2852438
kek, I like how his two ground planes aren't even lined up (as in the horizons don't even match).
>>
>>2852442
Implying you ARE a truck driver and that you'll ever work again after your big ass claim and vacation. Implying that you will still be a truck driver in eight years when all commercial trucking is done by self driving trucks.

Implying that making okay money will change the fact that you're a lonely fat hairy greasy florida dwelling vegan with a terrible personality.

So sorry friend.
>>
>>2846511
Lol
>>
>>2853027
LOL YA THATS SO FUCKING SHITTY! SOME OF THE MOST CIRCULATED MAGAZINES IN AMERICA! WHO THE FUCK EVEN READS THOSE? POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY, WHATS THAT? DIGITAL PHOTO PRO? THATS AN AMATURE MAGAZINE /P/HAGGOT
>>
>>2853056
>Being this butthurt
>>
>>2853056
Man, you seem really upset. Now I really really want to see your award winning shots and what reactions you got.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.