[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoned places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: abandoned-places-world.jpg (203 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
abandoned-places-world.jpg
203 KB, 1200x801
I just got a really nice camera and i wanted to start exploring abandoned places any tips on how to do it legally and without getting i trouble.
>>
>>2846773

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.
>>
Don't break anything to gain entry into an "abandoned" area (most of these places aren't actually abandoned, by the way).

If you break something for entry, at least in America, you go from a misdemeanor of trespassing to felony breaking and entering. One is a "get out of here, you little scamp", the other is "you're going to do jail time and fuck up your life."

Really, though, just skip the whole urban exploration phase anyway. It's overplayed, lame and dangerous. Literally all stupid dickhead 20 year old males do it.
>>
>>2846778
Oh come on anon, don't be so old and bitter, urbex photos, albeit thematically oversaturated nowadays, still offer a glimpse at something out of the ordinary, often unseen and outside of cliché locations in big cities there's a whole lot of obscure or unexplored places that might offer interesting sights and photos.
Although, admittedly, most contain white city kid's first contact with outside world-themed trash or furniture snapshits. Then again we get jST threads.

The riskiest aspect of urbex is bringing an expensive wide angle lens or lowlight-capable dslr to a potential hobo den/junkie hangout. Everything else is a contextual mix of luck, situational awareness and common fucking sense.
>>
>>2846784
>The riskiest aspect of urbex is bringing an expensive wide angle lens or lowlight-capable dslr to a potential hobo den/junkie hangout.

In my experience, the biggest risk is the extremely territorial taggers who don't like newfag tourists running around in their area. I've seen fistfights and knives drawn over something as simple as being seen.

Either way, the genre itself is borrrring and rife with wide-eyed naivete.
>>
File: GOOD.png (847 KB, 925x719) Image search: [Google]
GOOD.png
847 KB, 925x719
make an account on uer.ca

/thread
>>
>>2846784
>>2846785
What really sucks about this, too, is that carrying a weapon to protect yourself in these situations turns basic trespassing into armed B&E, which is a really serious felony. I believe it even applies if you've got a legal concealed carry permit, too.

I usually think most CCWers are way too paranoid, but this is one situation where I'd sure as hell want my Sig with me.
>>
>>2846778
this right here

breaking the lock is breaking and entering, opening an open door is not

When the police do those shady "stings", what they do is place a ziptie through the lock, because if they left it unlocked they could not charge the now "criminals".

this might slightly change when a "no trespassing" sign is thrown into the mix

the owner is the last person you should worry about, i've read a dozen cases of people coming across the owner, explain whats going on, only for the owners to lead them to a better photo spot.

Don't wear a mask (unless you think you need one of those paper medical ones), don't bring spray paint, don't look like you're up to no good.

>>2846784
>>2846785
Although RARE Teens/hobos/junkies should be your only problem, always be prepared with a LEGAL firearm or knife for self defense (or also cutting vines).

But also note, castle doctrine does not apply to property you obviously do not own, if you bring a firearm remember that you are obligated to attempt fleeing before engaging.

Some states now legally let you fire a "warning shot" into the ground without catching a "brandishing" charge, check your local laws.

ALWAYS ask around your group of friends things like "Have you ever heard roumers of anyone living out here?" and things like that, don't just blindly go into a situation you might not come back from.

and best of all, you will probably never need any of that advice, a dangerous situation is very uncommon, just keep your fucking eyes open and check on sounds even if you think it was "the wind".

I mean shit a lot of times, just pulling out your knife and appearing like you're ready to fight will be enough, I had a bum rush me once and as soon as it saw the knife he was like "shit nigga i'm not bleeding out here in the woods" and walked off as i gtfo of there.
>>
>>2846838
only urbex in places without a "no trespassing" sign

pretty much none of the local spots i've been to have one, you can legally defend yourself there
>>
>>2846853

That's pretty severely misinformed. Trespassing is trespassing, posted or not.
>>
>dude who wants to take pictures of this abandoned ice house in town goes there
>deranged homeless dude there murders him
>swept under the rug cuz it's a tourist town

Not worth it for a few completely cliche pictures
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.