[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
using noise of really shitty digital cameras as an intentional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: PICT0014.jpg (902 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
PICT0014.jpg
902 KB, 1600x1200
using noise of really shitty digital cameras as an intentional aesthetic - has it been done in a quality way? pic not related

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeKonica Minolta Camera, Inc.
Camera ModelDiMAGE X21
Camera SoftwareDiMAGE X21 Ver1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)37 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2004:01:01 00:00:00
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Brightness2.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Auto
Focal Length4.80 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I like grain in black and white night pictures, but only when it has a reason to be there (i.e. when you're shooting street pictures and need to use a small apperture like 7.1 or 8; or when you want to capture fast moving objects; or even both at the same time).
Black and white basically makes colour degradation and grain less obvious and ugly, and that allows you to get a shot at 1/160, f/8, iso 12800.

It's just like blurry objects in some of the low light shots, a side effect that in my opinion gives an authenticity hale to the picture. It's about getting the shot, so you do the besg out of what you have: should you need good colours and clean pictures, you sacrifice depth of field and or faster shutter speeds; should you need large dof and a fast shutter speed, you pump up the iso and sacrifice good colours and noise-free images.

Or just go full /p/ and buy a 4000$ body that can do 137816638192763 iso without losing quality.
>>
>>2845042
Mind you the pic of OP is ISO 200.
>>
>>2845048
Mind you op said pic not related
>>
>>2845051
Mind you OP meant "in a quality way" with pic not related. The noise and "shitty digital camera" part were definitely related, although that was not made clear AT ALL.

Mind you I am OP, so sorry.
>>
File: install_kebab.jpg (846 KB, 2362x1575) Image search: [Google]
install_kebab.jpg
846 KB, 2362x1575
since no one bites I'm throwing it
>>
>>2845261
5D II is not a shitty digital camera
>>
>>2845261
>iposteditagain.cr2
>>
I do this
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.