[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Went on vacation for a month, sprinkler system failed. How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 20160710_131547.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160710_131547.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
Went on vacation for a month, sprinkler system failed.
How do i revive all this shit
>>
File: 1463601041272.jpg (88 KB, 622x464) Image search: [Google]
1463601041272.jpg
88 KB, 622x464
>>813450
>wasting water on lawncare
>>
Put a garden in it's place
>>
>>813450
Are you californian?
>>
>>813453
Do you know how I know you're black?
>>
>plant some fruit trees
>mulch heavily, at least 10cm, more doesn't hurt
>plant veggies
>forget about useless gras
>>
>>813461
You know how I know you're a fucking idiot?
>>
>>813472
By and large, black people don't value maintaining their lawns.
Black Twitter loves to joke about this, from their own mouths.
>>
>>813467
This

Why are people so autistic about having a bright green useless square in front of your house that requires mowing once a week? Even just a few trees (far enough away from your house/foundation) would give you more shade, privacy, and invite local bird species. Or plant a huge garden, if you're into that. Hell, even some native grasses and wildflowers would be better.
>>
>>813477
you don't need to have grass, but a well maintained property is still a good thing

leaving a dead lawn or a yard full of junk shows off that you're a nigger
>>
>>813450
You don't revive it. It's a drought and there's a water shortage.
>>
>>813474
>having a lawn that needs watering
>feeling superior to literally anyone except mudslimes
You make no sense, anon. If you have to do anything to your lawn other than cut it you might as well tear tear it up and go succulent, permaculture, or grow some exotic herbs or veggies or whatever since you're already watering the bastard it might as well give you something better back.
>>
File: taj.jpg (1011 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
taj.jpg
1011 KB, 2560x1600
>>813477
The story goes something like this:
>Indian aristocrats used to be responsible for taking care of widowed women
>lots of women sitting around doing nothing
>what do?
>have them cutting the gras around the palace all day long
>British go in
>think: neat we wanna have that too
>make lawn around colonial British residences
>British at home think: neat we wanna have that too
>have cut gras around British palaces and residencies
>other European aristocrats think: neat, we wanna have that to
>copy pasted to elite residences all around europe
>plebs think: neat we wanna have that too
>copy paste to normal houses
>that's a lot of work taking care of that shit, we don't all have widows to cut the gras all the time: what do?
>invent a shitton of tools, mass produce seeds, fertilizers and waste a lot of resources and labour for having something that is "nice to look at"

All because everyone feels bad about their small dicks and wanted their shitty dwelling place to look like a royal palace in India

In arid regions, like OP obviously, people even waste insane amounts of precious water for this crap and risk massive desertification

Grow a fucking garden
>>
>>813450
>>/diy/
>>
>>813498
My HOA requires us to have grass. I am currently fighting to get them to stop mowing. I can do it in 10 minutes and would love to get them to stay the fuck away from my garden.
>>
>>813526
Not to mention having a fire break is a good thing
>>
>>813532
I doubt they will come down on the price but it will be worth looking into since I have begun a small uprising of fellow HOA members who are tired of the ol' ladys bitching and fining every little nip pick.
>>
File: Taj_Mahal_in_March_2004.jpg (2 MB, 2040x1681) Image search: [Google]
Taj_Mahal_in_March_2004.jpg
2 MB, 2040x1681
>>813522
>picture of Taj Mahal with no pooinloos crawling all over it

y
>>
>>813534
>nip pick

It's "nit pick".
>>
>>813461
>>813474
I'm white and live in a place where it rains a lot and there's no niggers anywhere. I'm not sure why you care about niggers. I don't. Hell, I don't even think of them, until nigger-obsessive people like you mention them. The only thing I do to my lawn is cut it and use the clippings for my vegetable garden.
>>
>>813558
Wow was not aware we need to be an English master. FYI not everyone's first language is English.
>>
>>813640
Why so triggered over an emotionless informative post?
>>
>>813658
I am not 'triggered' and how was this at all informative? I get the saying one can get what I was trying to say. Either way I feel pointing it out is as pointless as this conversation that is not at all related to out.
>>
Gravel motherfucker.
>>
>>813461

Only pussy faggots manicure their lawns. I hate when I go to the city or some shitty suburb to visit people and I see some fat, retarded dickhead on a giant lawnmower to mow his half an acre of shitty, samey grass that everyone else has because that's the closest he gets to nature aside from going to a food truck in a park.

Use the lawn for something other than gawking at it like a cunt or kill yourself. I suggest either making a garden or ending your life.
>>
>>813450
you should just start planting random things. like cover the whole lawn in veggies
>>
>>813450
Seems like that area gets a lot of sun, clean the dead grass out and plant some vegetables, I would recommend corn, squash, cucumbers.
>>
>>813450
Japanese dry garden?
>>
Plant some native grass and wildflower species. They will probably benefit your local ecosystem and you won't spend nearly as much money.

These people are getting way too upset about your lawn care question. If OP wants to have an American Dream yard let him. But my suggestion is something that is meant to live where you live.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.