[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fishing for a newfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Fishing-For-Web-Traffic1.jpg (746 KB, 2103x1503) Image search: [Google]
Fishing-For-Web-Traffic1.jpg
746 KB, 2103x1503
Hi guys! I'm a total newfag on /out/,(otherwise I'm a /b/tard). I've been thinking about going fishing, but I have no idea where to begin. If you guys could help me get some basic knowledge, I'd highly appreciate it. I'd like to know about bait, rods, licenses, etc .Houstonfag, btw
>>
What kind of fishing will you be doing? ocean fishing? river/lake? catfish? bass? panfish? ocean fish?
>>
>>811093
Insufficient data for a meaningful answer.
>>
>>811117
Most new fags only know where not what. Hell I am a salty fucker and I catch shit I wasn't expecting all the time.

Op tell us where you want to fish, and how much money you are willing to spend today on you're new addiction
>>
>>811093
In houston you have the lakes up north which are good for crappie and bass. Galveston bay has ses trout and redfish. And hey if you are rich hirw a boat and go offshore.

You can buy a license at qny acadamy or wallmart. I have no idea how mich they cost since mine is free for being a disabled vet. It will expire aug 31st they sort of scrw summer fishers with that.

If you ate in houston proper there is q a little "comunity lake" down 288 just south of the belt. I can't go today but maybe some other day we can meet there. It is stocked with small bass.
>>
>>811120
I was hoping to head down to Galveston, and I'm hoping to spend the last anoint if cash possible. I have about 50 I've set aside for this, but it probably won't be enough, right? Willing to catch anything, mostly there for shits and giggles.
>>
>>811093
The people in the fishing general thread are very helpful
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>811093
Are you trying to do just general freshwater in lakes and rivers? If that's the case and you want to get into bass and panfish catching, I could post sumn of my copypasta.

A local bait shop is always a good place to get started too...

>>811314
And then I just saw this. So saltwater? Bait shop in that area is still going to be helpful.

Sounds like you should just go to Walmart and get one of their big saltwater spinning combos. Spool it up with whatever weight line the reel reccommends. Then you gotta ask some locals and see what they're doing to catch fish.
>>
>>811314
50 bucks isn't much but it can get you started. As pepsi said go to wallyworld or academy(if I remember there is an academy on the seawall@41st) and get the cheapest salt water combo they sell. Load it with line and buy some bait that will put you at your budget. But unless you are a disabled vet texas fishing licenses aren't free. Then just head out to one of the rock peirs along the seawall, or ine of the pay peirs. I would not recommend surf fishing for a complete newbie without gear.

If you really want to get into fishing you are probably going to need more than 50 bucks. But I suppose our ancestors did it with bone hooks and sinew line so nothing is impossible.
>>
>>811093
Fishing for newfags is really easy.
>>
>>811744
Workin on the pastebin...
http://imgur.com/gallery/GO7QD
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
>>
>>811093
The trick that no one tells you about is to relax, let your mind stray, all the while gazing at the lake, and hooking anything that bites. If you don't catch anything your first time fishing, don't be discouraged newfag.
>>
>>811314
pobably too late, but hit up a local tackle shop. those guys are usually knowledgeable and more than willing to dish out some good info

just be sure to buy something if you do this. alot of those local shops are pretty much just up so people can have easy access to tackle, they usually hardly make enough to keep open
>>
>>811093
i grew up fishing in a large pond in my backyard. please don't fish, it causes them pain and suffering for your enjoyment and i regret doing it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.