[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gray/Grey Man Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: gr.png (19 KB, 287x132) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
19 KB, 287x132
So there is some kind of SHTF situation - whatever you fancy, but the point being things are very very bad. What gear, e.g. rucksacks, water filters, clothing, weapons, is top quality, yet not 'tacticool' stuff and could be considered 'Gray Man' i.e. doesn't attract attention, doesn't scream 'steal me? List the stuff and it's features below
>>
>>748736
>>>/k/
>>
>>748736
>>>/x/
>>
>>748736
>>>/fuckoff/
>>
I think the concept is flawed
What's the point. If shit is so bad that people want your shit and are willing to hurt you for it, the fact is that they want your shit, not really relevant what you look like.
Are you trying to not get attention from cops? Just be white. Look like you have money.
Are you trying to avoid attention from gangbangers, look poor.
No real in between. Just don't look crazy you fool.
>>
>>748736

"SHTF" as discussed by preppers is a nebulous concept and not based on any kind of real life scenario - this is well underlined in your own post.

Go away.
>>
>>748829
>nebulous concept and not based on any kind of real life scenario

Except where it happens every 5-10 or so years everywhere else in the world except suburbia USA.

http://shtfschool.com/blog/
>>
>>748736
Any shtf situation will cause anything you have to be desirable and I will take it from you if I want.
>>
>>748781
This. Stealth totally depends on context, and has limited applications because in any emergency scenario the most important thing to have is a team, allies, a network, not walking the streets alone hoping nobody rapes you.

If you're talking about an urban riot situation, dress like an educated, upper-middle-class guy and speak well.

In the wilderness, forget it. Just have good gear and don't get seen.

In the ghetto, be physically imposing and poor.
>>
>serious natural disasters or civil unrest
>not going /in/

The funny part is that people who actually attempt to bug out will be worse off than people who didn't think about the contingency at all.
>>
>>748901
This
>stock supplies
>have friends do the same
>when shit goes down, meet up at the most secure house
>stay
Anything else creates a big, unnecessary exposure to risk.
>>
>>748885
>http://shtfschool.com/blog/

Nice blog, I guess?

I said, "as discussed by preppers." Shit Hits The Fan is a vague and meaningless term, and the reality of a genuine societal breakdown is that it'll probably be slow hell, and you'll probably still have to go about all your daily business like work, errands etc.
>>
>>748906
>>748901

of course, there's always the chance that an area becomes completely uninhabitable, in which case you must leave.
>>
>>748885
live in uk
nothing like this has happened for 2000 years, and even the roman invasion was relativity chill
>>
>>748919
>I'm OK with getting fucked up the ass: The Post
>>
>>748919
That's because the people causing all the trouble live there. You don't shit in your own house.
>>
>>748913
Living near and around houston tx, this is a possibility for me. Water, wind and all.
Leaving early and having a car stocked with extra gas and all you need for an impromptu trip is all you can do.
Not to mention a car in good working order and knowing the back ways out of the city. I've evacuated for the hurricanes and close calls in the past 15 years. Just trow shit in the car, drive 12 hours, drink some tequila and party, then come back a week later. Preps and money is all I needed, I've been lucky to not loose a home or car or anything in the past.
The slow decay of society is what I fear, and a plump bank account and cash stash is all you really need in that case.

Look at the doctors and dentists leaving the middle east in tiny boats dying in droves trying to get elsewhere. Having paper money and a passport may give you access to a country that is better off.
>>
>>748896
Good luck
>>
>>748934
>>748958
Here we see the Yankee in their natural habitat. The Yankee tends to get angry and vile at things they don't recognise, like history and knowledge of the environment beyond their secluded view. At times like these, it's best to let the Yankee spill most of its anger, as it will retreat into the nearest gun store or Mc Donalds once it has done so.

This has been an educational P.S.A.
>>
>>748919
>nothing like this has happened for 2000 years,
>>
>>748736
No, Gray Man is the fighter of the Night Man.
>>
>>748829
>What is Katrina.
>>
>>748885

>except suburbia USA

Wow... fuck you guys just have no idea. What about mass shootings? Is that SHTF? What about the GFC? Is that SHTF?

I'd love to hear the exact moment when you niggerpreps would pull the trigger and bug out. Do you guys even stop to think about how you would know, and what your specific triggers are?
>>
>>748965

>plump bank account
>societal decay

You'd better get that money out pretty early if you think anything's happening. Bank accounts being frozen would be one of the first big signs that shit is about to go down. Just look at Greece in the financial crisis.
>>
>>748965

What does 'the slow decay of society' mean? How would you know it's happening? Trump gets elected? kek Oh wait, you're in TX so it would be Bernie gets elected.
>>
Why do preppers always prepare for these outrageously farfetched dystopian scenarios? It's never anything plausible like a hurricane, flood, or bad snow storm, it's always "THE ULTIMATE COLLAPSE OF SOCIETY" like that's something that will actually happen any time soon.

You know you can just admit that you enjoy collecting guns, you don't need to make up some tinfoil hat lunacy to justify it.
>>
>>750227
Does it matter? Six months of food for the zombie apocalypse is six months of food for anything else, right?

I'm surprised how much nofunz is going on in this thread.
>>
>>750236

>nofunz

I've never seen a prepper doing it for "funz".
>>
>>750237
OP is talking about grey man, which as I understand it is a kind of anti-tacticool.
Amusing yourself by obsessing about how to look as normal as possible.
I don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>748736

>>>/k/
>>
>>748736
Try some of the smaller multi-tools. A lot of them have awls, small blades, can and/or bottle openers and flat/phil screwdrivers with even more options available. You may also want to try going to /k/ next time unless you are specifically asking about outdoor items that would match your "gray man" mentality.

If you go marching around with a popular brand of backpack or something that was obviously made for military use ( ALICE packs being an example of both worlds, bags with MOLLE webbing being an example of modern military ) expect trouble. There is a newer, discrete "laser-cut" MOLLE that is starting to become popular but I'd avoid it because it becoming popular just means it'll be more noticable. If you want a small bag to use as a "get home" ( a bag you keep in a car with the tools you need specifically to get home ) go with something like a Jansport. For a bag focused on long-term bug-outs you'll want to do your own research.
>>
>>750274
>I'd avoid it because it becoming popular just means it'll be more noticable.

That's the opposite of how it works
>>
>>748919
/his/ here!

Allow me to educate you on your own history!

>Anglo-Saxon Invasion
>Followed by 100 years of war with the native Britons
>Dal Riada Irish, instead of becoming bros with their Brythonic bretheren, start a land grab on the northern Britons.
>Norman Invasion
>Followed soon by the harrowing of the north. Estimated 200,000 casualties out of a population of 2-3 million.
>Consolidation of Britain into one kingdom. Ask the scots and the Welsh about Longshanks.
>While we're at it, let's just maroon all of the jews on a sandbar and sail away.
>OH SHIT NIGGA! Succession crisis leading to the Hundred years war.
>All the drama surrounding the creation of the church of England.
>A WILD CROMWELL APPEARS
>Napoleonic wars
>Suddenly you're drowning in Angry Zulus.
>WWI
>Suddenly you're drowning in angry Irish separatists
>WWII
>Getting the shit bombed out of you by angry Germans.
>Cold war is here. If not for that nuclear umbrella, Ivan would be firing up that slavic rape machine.
>Now that we've got all of that out of the way, we can finally settle down and see what all that fuss is over in Northern Ireland.
>>
>>750289
>muh anglo saxon invasion

nah mate

>native britons

there were people (most likely germanic, where the anglo saxons came from) who were there before the "native britons" took the place over.
Anglo Saxons are the rightful owners of england mate
>>
>>750312
not the /his/ guys but there were people there, celts and druids, before the romans arrived. yes they arrived from yürôp in prehistory but they were the first "native" britons. the romans exterminated a lot of them, namely the druids, and intermingled genetically a bit and then the anglo-saxons arrived as third-comers. ironically they arrived again centuries later as the normans, and dominated over whatever smorgasbord of celtic/roman/anglo-saxon genetic muttery was running rife on the island at the time. one thing is certain, despite the genetic influence of the anglo-saxons, they moast certainly have no claim to being either the truest or the nativest britons
>>
>>750312
>there were people (most likely germanic, where the anglo saxons came from) who were there before the "native britons" took the place over.
>Anglo Saxons are the rightful owners of england mate
wew lad, do you got some sources for that stormfaggotree?
>>
>>750312
>there were people (most likely germanic, where the anglo saxons came from) who were there before the "native britons" took the place over.
>Anglo Saxons are the rightful owners of england mate

You don't know that. No one knows that. We have no idea who the people who came before the Britons were. It is so far back in history that any information has been lost and your ideas hold about as much weight as those "Alexander the Great" tier empires that Finnish and Korean nationalists attribute to their respective civilizations. Yes, there were Angle, Saxon and Jutish settlements on the island prior to the adventus saxonum. They were small towns setup to trade with Frisia and the Danish penninsula.
>>
>>748736
Well I guess I could tell you how I do it myself. I'm a frequent >>>/trv/lr who spends months a year abroad in remote places where tourists are never seen, where people live in such shitty conditions they could easily afford to mug your ass and even kill you because no one would come looking for you, especially when you're on your own. Even more so after a natural disaster.

First thing to know is, most people are far more concerned about saving their asses than caring about you. If you run into people, just keep going, they won't do anything to you, because if they wanted, they'd be better prepared and would have seen you coming.

Second thing is training. I'm trained for just about anything: pulling a car out of sand, building a shelter, skinning animals, driving/piloting anything that moves, using a radio... Versatility is key. Many people think it's all about having the right tool at the right time, and end up hoarding a ton of shit, when all they need is around you.

Third thing is the gear: sports bag with a comfy strap (backpack makes you a big target), minimal clothing (wash often), solid belt, sawyer water filter with plastic bag, varied first aid kit, minimal medicine, microfiber towel, quality soap, toothbrush, nail pliers (good enough to cut wire), solid folding knife, phone/radio, paper & pen, duck tape, mirror, whistle, bic lighter, flashlight, amsteel cord bundle, papers/passport, needle and thread. I went to the end of the world and back with just that, and saw no use for some of it. All of that will fit easily in a 25 liters sports bag and weigh under 2kgs. The rest, you'll find it on the way, because wherever there are people, there's a ton of shit around and no shortage of it.

That includes food, which I never had an issue finding. Absolutely never. Even in the shittiest of situations, there's food everywhere just waiting to be eaten, and often found myself hoarding some despite not eating it.

Surviving ain't hard. Only idiots die.
>>
>>750901

So what is this mythical job then?

MI5? Mossad? ISIS?
>>
>>750920
Putting money aside and travelling. I'm pretty sure that's how it's called.
>>
>>750921

Where does this superman training come from? That's what I wanna know. Probably John Cena.
>>
>The gay man concept
Spend your money on prepping for a never coming catastrophe event instead of buying a plane ticket to central Europe and hiking home with cheap, easily replacable gear.
>>
>>750923
Travelling as well. You meet many different people teaching you things, and you face many different situations from which you have to get out of some way and learn on your own.
>>
>>750143
Ever watched or read "the road" this shit, like global warming comes together with an economic crash, small farmers can't plant, big farmers loose two crops in a row because drought, prices go up people panic... shit that can compound to the point of no recovery in sight. Say this happened in a year when Africa finally dies off and another wave of immigration cripples or otherwise drains resources. Shit happens slow and people don't make preparations. Maybe a tsunami followed by a tornado in the neighboring cities.

As to knowing it will probably start by the rise of consumer goods and food, you'll see less people in the stores and massive layoffs as well as rampant unemployment, more people defaulting on their homes, more homelessness, businesses closing, rise in crime, rationing of utilities, water, power, gas, gasoline. That's about when I would consider going in to full paranoia mode. Load the guns lock the pantry and start bringing home the cash.
>>
>>749509
Says the ukfag that has the highest concentration of overweight children in the world.
>>
>>748934
>>>I'm OK with getting fucked up the ass: The Post
I live through my emotions so much that I choose to cling, out of boredom, to some fantasy that I built myself
>>
>>751528
>uk

Try again, angry Yankee. ;^)
>>
>>751526

>Africa finally dies off
kek

>the rise of consumer goods and food, you'll see less people in the stores and massive layoffs as well as rampant unemployment, more people defaulting on their homes, more homelessness, businesses closing, rise in crime, rationing of utilities, water, power, gas, gasoline.

So the Subprime mortgage crisis, pretty much. Did you bug out then?

Basically what you're saying is that you don't have a well defined thought out checklist of signs that, when they occur, trigger you to bug out. So really, it's just a vague fantasy.

How will you find out? By watching CNN? It'll be far too late by then, friend.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.