[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoned places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16
File: Icehouse 1.jpg (295 KB, 620x479) Image search: [Google]
Icehouse 1.jpg
295 KB, 620x479
Who here is interested in exploring abandoned places?
>>
File: 1_1223.jpg (128 KB, 541x350) Image search: [Google]
1_1223.jpg
128 KB, 541x350
>>
File: 6B65yRU.png.jpg (85 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
6B65yRU.png.jpg
85 KB, 960x540
3spooky5me
>>
Abandoned mall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3p7ZWNRcg
>>
>>716558
After one of the Hurricanes we had I got to explore some abandoned ships. Was pretty cool.
>>
>>716558
I want to, but am too paranoid about breathing in asbestos fibres that might get attached to my clothes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1XpQBqrpM
>>
File: Pripyat Chernobyl.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pripyat Chernobyl.jpg
556 KB, 1920x1080
And of course the most famous...
>>
>>716619
one day, one fucking day.

im going to go explore there somehow and considering the fact I am a Russian living in Australia and have family in Russia should make it possible.

Been my life's dream
>>
>>716622
>>716619

>Chernobyl
>Russia

Easy on the vodka Ivan. Also, its pretty easy to go and see it
>>
File: cheeki breeki.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1365
>>716622
Come home Stalker
>>
>>716629
I know it's not in Russia, amerifat.

What I am saying is it's easier for me to travel, believe me from someone who grew up there, an american tourist doesn't show up and wander through a war torn Ukraine and stumble into Pripyat.

You can see it, but to actually explore it without a guide and to die horribly there is my fucked up personal dream.
>>
>>716561
nah id never go in there
>>
I was exploring an old water tower near the traintracks in my city yesterday but pretty much all my videos are pretty dark and look more like clips from a really scary horror movie..
>>
File: acropolis.jpg (76 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
acropolis.jpg
76 KB, 640x427
Mexico city
>>
>>716669
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>716622
it's in Ukraine, luckily im Ukrainian born so it's one of my goals to go and explore the area as well
>>
File: window_silhouette_by_fosho4.jpg (111 KB, 1440x2731) Image search: [Google]
window_silhouette_by_fosho4.jpg
111 KB, 1440x2731
for awhile my friend lived next door to an abandoned house. it was completely trashed inside, toilet smashed, appliances pilled up in mountains in the hallways, etc.

we'd get drunk and go explore sometimes. fucked if one day we crawled over all the garbage to get upstairs and there was some poorcunt hiding under a sheet in one of the bedrooms. musta been homeless and prolly scared the tits out of him barging-in with my flashlight. i said sorry and we left. he could have had a gun or knife under there just waiting to rek me.

the FUCKED thing is my friend lived on the second floor right next door, so we ran back to his place and when we were standing on the balcony we saw the dude staring at us out the fucking window. i thought for sure my friend was gonna have his gizzard slit in the middle of the night someday.

nope.jpg
>>
>>716558
I fucking love it. Its one of my favorite activities ever.
>>
>>716559
Isn't that where Eminem filmed Beautiful.
>>
>>716561
Real or movie set?
>>
>>716821
Real place in Russia.
>>
There's an old cabin on my Grandparent's land at the top of the mountain. Most of the wooden structure has decayed but the chimney still stands. When the wind blows, it whistles in between the cracks of the wood. Spooky as shit. Grandparent's tried getting information on it and it was built in the late 1780s by a fur trapper. It looked like it was nothing but 1 big room with the chimney. There's also a dry well a few hundred feet from the place that they had filled with dirt from when they were excavating their home site. .

There's also an abandoned hospital in my town. It used to be a mental hospital for kids back in the early 1900s. It was shut down after they discovered the doctor was molesting and raping the kids. It used to have a spooky eerie feel inside but then the niggers spray painted everything and now it just looks like trash.

d
>>
>>716558
me.

Been doing it for a while and have explored places in oregon, washington, california, colorado, minnesota, wisconsin, michigan, illinois, indiana, ohio, kentucky, louisiana, missouri, tennessee, aaand I think that's about it. Oh, St. John in the Carribean.

Have seen some interesting shit, but it gets worse and worse because it's getting popular and officials are cracking down and closing things up. Last time I was in Detroit there were two 85 pound white girls walking around this spot I was in in sandals, not even taking pictures or anything, being loud as fuck and throwing shit. It was a spot even I was pretty sketched about being in and I noped the fuck out cause those idiots were either gonna get cops or rapes.
>>
>>716561
I would fucking live there holy shit
>>
File: CRW_0106.jpg (3 MB, 3088x2056) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0106.jpg
3 MB, 3088x2056
>>716561
Very cool.
>>
The cabin from Evil Dead 2. I always wanted to explore an abandoned cabin like this one in the woods.
>>
File: evildead2cabin120511.jpg (40 KB, 1280x701) Image search: [Google]
evildead2cabin120511.jpg
40 KB, 1280x701
>>717280
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmKcb79MzQY
i used to but lost all of my pics...
videos are still on yt tho.. planing to star over again soon
>>
File: 20150928_044622 - kopie.jpg (150 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20150928_044622 - kopie.jpg
150 KB, 2048x1536
>>716558

me on top of abandonded grain elevator (or at least I think thats what it was). Sadly all the doors were solidly locked.

I really wish I could take pictures that do justice to the amazing views you get to experience doing this stuff
>>
File: tahawus mine.jpg (137 KB, 850x545) Image search: [Google]
tahawus mine.jpg
137 KB, 850x545
>>716558

Tahawus, NY. abandoned mining community in the middle of the Adirondacks
>>
File: tahawus.jpg (284 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tahawus.jpg
284 KB, 1024x768
>>716558
>>
File: blast furnace.jpg (246 KB, 650x867) Image search: [Google]
blast furnace.jpg
246 KB, 650x867
>>
I break into abandoned houses and stores and restaurants sometimes, but nothing too big. I really want to hit up this giant, abandoned pig slaughterhouse. First Prize. It's not really in a secluded or rural area though, and being as I am, I'd want someone to come with me for back up since alone I would be fucked. I'm mainly worried it turned into a drug den or something
>>
>>716638
>but to actually explore it without a guide and to die horribly there is my fucked up personal dream.

are you me?
>>
>>718064
Coooooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>716564
Love the video but I'm almost disgusted that we, as a people, let what could be recycled buildings or materials go to waste that way. This also reminds me of the Valley Fair Mall that used to be in Wi. It was America's first indoor mall if I remember right and I used to go there as a little boy. As a teen when the building was abandoned I remember going to see Skillet preform there before they became the big name they are today.

Thanks for sharing that vid, man. brought back some nice memories and you may have inspired me to take up a new hobby.
>>
>>716558
ive been into urban exploration since i was a little kid and it was really annoying when it became a popular thing to do in my area. it really pissed me off when a guy created a website for documenting all the secret hidden places in my area... it made it not so special anymore
>>
File: IMG_4824.jpg (35 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4824.jpg
35 KB, 480x640
>>716558
Dawson forest Nuclear aircraft lab
>>
File: IMG_4556.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4556.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
>>719056
Also been to central state hospital, got caught by security cause the guy lives next door and heard us, but he let us go with a slap on the wrist. Really wanna go to the kia plant near 285

More pics of Dawson
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.