[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attaching a hatchet to a Molle backpack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Any cheap/good methods of doing so? Wouldn't mind just using cordage to do so, as long as I can get it out of it's bindings with relative ease and speed.
>>
>>713463
Not sure what your purpose is for bringing a hatchet so I won't hate too much but that's pretty much deadweight if you're doing any kind of backpacking bro. If you really want to bring it I would combine caribiners with cordage to make it easy to access.
>>
>>713463
looks like a really fucking nice setup OP im jealous
>>
>>713470
Hiking to campsite? I don't like taking many trips and I like keeping as hands free as possible? Splitting my wood for said campsite?

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I don't know why you WOULDN'T bring one?
>>
>>713470
Why is a hatchet deadweight?
>>
Never done it before, but could work.

Get two carabiners, and two pieces of cord. Tie a loop on both ends of each piece of cord. Use one cord to put thru end of hatchet and carabiner thru both cord loops and attach the carabiner to molle.

Do same thing with head of axe, but make sure to keep the one on the head of the axe short so it'll stay near the handle area.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 767x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 767x1023
>>713463
MOLLE hatchet carrier. $20

>>713470
Wut
>>
>>713536
OOOHHHH I LIKE IT

Thanks anon
>>
So are molle bags good? I did consider one before, because pockets galore, but I just wasn't sure if it would actually be a decent bag, or if it was tacticool shit bought by the same people who take fantasy knives and such /out/
>>
>>713545
You need to get one with a frame that is substantially better than military standards
>>
>>713547

>you get Austin White for fast response

Example...?
>>
>>713536
is that a specific brand or a 40mm grenade pouch with the bottom opened up
>>
>>713555
Just google MOLLE hatchet carrier
>>
>>713569
ah yep, found the image
it's a maxpedition 1708 batton sheath
>>
>>713463

What backpack is that?
>>
>>713477
>>713479
Most of the time there is enough deadwood to just snap with your hands, far less effort and saves you the weight of carrying a hatchet. Also a saw will split logs much more quickly and with less effort, however if you are only camping and bringing logs from home there's no reason not to bring it. I was just under the assumption you'd be hiking in since you want to carry it on your pack.
>>
>>713553
Good god she is perfect
>>
>>713763

Yes she is.
>>
File: Japanese_Beheading_1894.jpg (381 KB, 1306x650) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_Beheading_1894.jpg
381 KB, 1306x650
>>713757
Not everywhere is dry fun hand breaking fantasy land. We've got moist, damp, humid places out east and many a time you are resorted to tying a log to a rope and fishing down dry kindling from the dead branches that have managed to avoid the ground
>>
>>713828

>Tying a log to a rope

...what are you... what? You use rope to tie a log to what? How does that come in to play with getting dry kindling from up high?
>>
canadian jam knot. one below head, one at the and of handle.
>>
>>713873
I think he's talking about using cordage to pull down on branches that are out of reach, in order to harvest dry dead wood. Personally I just tie a monkey fist around a rock for counterweight -- but before I knew how to tie a monkey fist, I used to tie a small piece of wet wood from the ground to the end of my cord with any old knot. I just hoped it wouldn't come loose from the cord and come flying back down at me.
>>
>>713545
I've got a Fast Pack EDC that I love to death. It was pretty pricey though
>>
>>713545
I've used mine for day hikes and have preferred it over a regular bag. Pockets galore indeed, and you can always add more.
>>
>>714211
Any recommendations for brand/make? Amazon is showing many many generic ones that look suspiciously made in China
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.