[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outside shitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Methods, techniques, stories.

>inb4 river shitting argument

River shitting is not a meme, but river shitting is a meme is a meme. Let's just get the misinformation about it out of the way. It's logical and a legit thing, some do it, some don't, don't be a hater.

We shall assume everyone is now up to speed on river shitting and can proceed with other methods.

Has anybody ever made a real tyre toilet?
>>
I personally find it most relieving to use a geocache as my commode.

Some say its bad for your health, but hell what isn't these days?
>>
>>713049
Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm hiking, drop-squat-bury. If I'm camping (NF, not parking lot camping) I'll build a pole seat between a couple trees so I can relax and let it flow.
>>
>>713057

Geocache shitting is fucked up, but I still find it hilarious.
>>
>>713049
If everyone just started shitting in rivers, they're be cholera all around
>>
File: 1456945961453.jpg (58 KB, 498x556) Image search: [Google]
1456945961453.jpg
58 KB, 498x556
I have interest in this kinda thing. Squat shat doesn't sound very comfortable. Anyone take equipment for it/ build makeshift crapper?
>>
>>713343

Pfffft nigger thats a good thing, if you aren't purifying your river water before you drink it you're stupid and your death is a plus for humanity.
>>
>>713343
If cholera became that wide-spread, the only people left would have a natural immunity to it
-Charles Darwin
>>
>>713347
Nigger that's a great way to fuck up your tendon.
>>
>>713049
Once we made a toilet by digging a hole and adding two thick logs over the top as a seat. It worked fine but you had to remind everyone to always pee sitting down, nobody wants to sit on piss splashed logs.
One of the guys there said back when they used to go out and stay somewhere for weeks or more, they'd dig a deeper hole, up to six feet, by which point they'd usually have hit water. If this was the case they'd pour oil into the hole to act as a sealant over the waste. Not environmentally friendly but it prevented excess stank, and apparently protects against it becoming a mosquito factory too.
>>
Honest question: What's wrong with the old trowel-and-toilet-paper method? Discomfort, or is it actually more damaging than shitting in the river?

Besides, unless your turd is solid enough to get lodged among rocks, wouldn't it just get washed out to ocean, and wouldn't it be just safer upstream? After all, water further upstream in the Thames was safer than further downstream during the major london cholera outbreaks.
>>
>>713537

Nothing wrong with any method. The popularity of river shitting is because it renders wiping obsolete, and you don't need to bring a trowel or paper. You don't need to bring anything, you have the river and it's always there. But it does have the downside of needing to take off some clothes as well as submerging your ass and balls in (potentially cold) water.
>>
>>713508
What kind of oil?
>>
I never understood this meme. Why don't people just use the toilets on the campground?

Seems kinda creepy to take shits near where children play.
>>
I carry a hand shovel for various purposes and sometimes dig a shitter hole and sit on it to shit. Wipe my ass with biodegradable wet wipes, and bury it. But I'm usually lazy and just pop a squat, wipe, and throw the wipes somewhere near a tree. I've shit in rivers and lakes but never small streams or creeks that people gather water from. I remember being 12 and at the beach and I had to shit so bad I shit my pants walking to the bathroom. I just walked back to the beach, pulled my swimming trunks down and scooped it out of my pants. I told my Aunt and she took me back to the hotel to change.
>>
I can draw for you in paint how we shit in Norwegian army.
>>
File: howtoshitinnorwegianarmy.png (16 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
howtoshitinnorwegianarmy.png
16 KB, 1152x648
>Lean against tree
>Mandatory shitting bag
>Lean down into a sitting position
>Shit into bag
>>
River shitting? Are you idiots fucking serious? You shouldn't be shitting in bodies of water. What you do is either you pack it out in a plastic bag or you dig a hole to shit in. Fuckers are contaminating the environment.
>>
>>713049
Find a log of reasonable size downed on the ground.

cut a medium sized palm frond, and place it on one side of the log.

make sure to have something to wipe your ass with.. otherwise its running around in the woods with your pants around your ankles picking ferns folding them up and scraping shit from your buttcrack, until its safe enough to put your pants back on. or worse, you're stuck in an orange orchard and have no TP and some serious shits, and you end up using orange peels to wipe your ass.

now the opposite side of the palm frond, sit down on the log with your asshole hanging off towards the side with the front, you're trying to land your shit on the frond here.

>shit and enjoy.

The reason for the palm frond, is theres lots of downed trees around here, but not very many that are untouched by termites and rot, so most of them are squishy and not fun getting a butthole full of weird ass bugs or spiders. so the ones you do come across are best to note and use, but most of the time you don't got enough time to dig a big ass hole to take a dump more then once. [also swamp, so you know, water tables close by..] so you shit on the frond, and either just make a frond shit-stack like I have in my usual shit spots, or dig a hole and dump your shit into it after your done.
>>
>>713627
They know, they're just doing an epic troll XD
>>
My shits are always leaving a mess around my asshole. What am I doing wrong ?
>>
>>713623

yes please

>inb4 swedish flag being shat on kek
>>
jesus you guys are so autistic.
>>
>>713627
>contaminating the environment
I forgot how everything outdoors is already pristine and sterilized, and I forgot how all other animals shit in bags and launch the collective waste into space to keep it away from the ultra clean sterilized environment
>>
>>713713
Not shitting in the river is what you're doing wrong son.
Wouldn't have this problem river shitting.
>>
Am I the only white person left who can hold a squat position long enough to just poop in a hole?
>>
>>713992

>only white person left who can hold a squat

No, you're not.

The rest are in Serbia.

You're a slav, anon.
>>
>>713537
>toilet paper
what are you, a fucking animal? toilet paper doesn't clean properly, it's not compact, and there's a high chance that it will rip and give you shitty hands.
>>
Shitting outside gives me an erection 75% of the time.
>>
>>714465
This
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.