[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /out/doorsmen. Last year I started wearing glasses as I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 805289324485_shad_qt.jpg (20 KB, 594x385) Image search: [Google]
805289324485_shad_qt.jpg
20 KB, 594x385
Hey, /out/doorsmen.

Last year I started wearing glasses as I my eyes went to shit. The frames that came free with the appointment are faggy hipster glasses, but I was okay with it at the time as long as I could replace them in the future.

Now that I've saved enough moneys, what are some /out/ approved eyewear that will protect me from the elements as well as wear and tear? Do anti-fog glasses exist?
>>
>what are some /out/ approved eyewear

Just wear normal glasses, you gear fag.
>>
>>709468
m-muh gear...
>>
>hating on BCGs
It's like you don't want cheap, durable, frames with a wide field of view.

To answer your question though, I think there's high-impact rated prescription glasses. Although most of them look gay as hell,
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 527x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 527x583
>>709459
They do have anti fog coatings. I have 2 pairs. One set is just regular glasses for regular job. The second pair is for when I'm working outside on the farm. They are prescription safety goggle type glasses. No slip, no fog, anti glare, transitional lense, tough as hell. They were expensive and I found them at SAMs optical club of all places. Worth every penny for me though.
>>
wiley x
>>
Maybe you should just get your eyes fixed so that you don't project weakness more than you already do.
>>
Get a pair with those flexible frames. I had a pair of Lightec frames that you could literally bend inside out which lasted me about 5 years of partying, /out/, and then small children. I only replaced them because the lenses for cracked after my 2year old stood on them.

Would also recommend one of those dorky retention strap things while /out/. I can't think of how shit it would be to lose my glasses down the side of a ridge line or something.
>>
File: 601px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg (41 KB, 601x250) Image search: [Google]
601px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg
41 KB, 601x250
>pic related
>>
File: 7_6975_L.jpg (57 KB, 932x620) Image search: [Google]
7_6975_L.jpg
57 KB, 932x620
>>709566
>>
>>709459
Maui Jim
>>
They have these new ultralight eyewear that don't fog up, don't get scratched, and never get slippery from sweat.

They call them "contacts"
>>
>>709673
>contacts while /out/
No proper sanitation, weight of cases and fluid is heavier than glasses, and good luck finding it if you drop one.

I'll stick to glasses for multi day trips.
>>
>>709714
This

Contacts are day hikes and car camping
>>
>>709484
Wow ugly as fuck
>>
>>709720
It's more that glasses are for multi day expeditions and sitting on your ass at home. Contacts are for everything else you do, plus you can wear whatever sunglasses you want.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (628 KB, 876x1260) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
628 KB, 876x1260
Milfag here with shit vision. Should I switch frames?
>>
>>709714
>>709720
Buy a week's pack of disposal contacst, or buy weeklong leave-in contacts, problem solved.

But if you guys are dead set on glasses, then the lightweight titanium flex glasses that keep their shape even if bent are the way to go.

Hipster plastic glasses (which I own myself, not bashing) aren't good for /out/. They are heavy and they slip off easier because they usually don't have nose pieces.
>>
File: ugly.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>709937
wow
many shallow
such faggot
>>
>>709937
Truly effective work wear isn't always aestheticly pleasing.
>>
>>709459
i have those same frames and i just fucking wear them bro. i even forget they're there sometimes.
>>
>>709937
Yep, they are, I guess. They're RX safety goggles. They aren't meant to impress anyone. They serve a purpose and serve it well. I'm not outside making faggot model poses for trendy eyewear while cutting down trees, brush hogging, stretching barbwire, etc.
I have shit I gotta do and I value my eyes.
>>
any good cases?
>>
>>710248
Just do you. If it works and protects you and let's you see, wear it. It's all that matters.
>>
>>710264
You mean like cases for glasses?
>>
Make sure you have some means to catch sweat dripping off your forehead, like a hate.

They'll get sweat on them otherwise and you'll need to clean them regularly (unless you're in a cold climate).

My /out/ tip as someone that needs them, so has to wear them /out/.
>>
How well does anti-fog spray work, does anyone have any experience with this brand or any other similar product?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0012Q2S4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1457823184&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=anti-fog+spray
>>
>>709973
>not valuing aesthetics
Found the uglyfuck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.