[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any cheaper alternatives you can recommend to this, How hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 71htdRSz3SL._SL1500_.jpg (156 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71htdRSz3SL._SL1500_.jpg
156 KB, 1500x1500
Any cheaper alternatives you can recommend to this, How hard is it for a company to slap some kevlar patches on the knees and ass?
>>
>>708246
>for a company

Not saying "for me", make the pants you've always wanted.
>>
>>708247
I'm incompetent
>>
Just bring kneepads that you use for sucking dick
>>
File: 10.jpg (97 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
97 KB, 750x750
>>708246
b-but it looks gay
>>
>>708250
Hold the fucking phones.

You can't sew?
That's a skill everyone and their jackal should have, sewing is the tits.

25 year old male btw...in case manliness comes into question, Rambo fucking sewed up his own bullet holes.

TL:DR learn sewing
>>
>>708270
I can sew a seam well enough, and putting cotton fabrics together, and a medium sized wound but I don't trust myself to stitch kevlar onto polyester
>>
Upland game hunting pants can be had cheapish and have what you want
>>
>>708281
> I can sew, I just don't trust my sewing.

Its not really a skill if you can't rely on it. What's next? You gonna tell me you can light a fire, but you don't trust being able to keep tinder lit?
>>
I don't know where you live and what sort of shops you have looked at/what's available to you.
I looked at XXLs website and found several alternatives. This one was probably the cheapest and cost 200 NOK (~21 euro), but I can't speak for its quality.
Machenzie Hunter pants.
https://www.xxl.no/mackenzie-hunter-villmarksbukse/p/1083664_1_style

Just browse some online stores until you find something, man.
>>
>>708575

That's not rational at all. He said he can sew, but he's never sewn kevlar to poly. A better analogy would be saying I know how to start a fire with a firesteel or lighter but not a bow drill.
>>
>>708270
Yeah, I can sew too but I'm not a craftsman. Need to patch a quick hole or wound, sure. But I want the seams on my britches to look nice.
>>
>>708246

Problem with Kevlar is that it breaks down a lot when you wash them. Something like 33% reduced overall cut resistance after the second wash. This is the main reason why you don't see it in a lot of clothing. There are other materials that can be washed that are more cut resistant too. But the word Kevlar is the only textile that pubs know about cuz bullit poof veests n shit.
>>
>>710188
redpill us then come on
>>
>>708246
I'm actually curious as to why you would want this done? I'm dead serious right now. What's your rationale or practical reason for stitching Kevlar to your ass and knees? That's a serious question too. Please reply.
>>
>>708575

I can sew basic things but my capability to hand stitch a hole in my jeans does not translate to fabricating a retail-grade pair of trousers, fucktard.
>>
>>710457
so the ass doesn't wear out when you sit while /out/
it's like you've never left your house.
>>
File: 1325070313950.jpg (26 KB, 465x364) Image search: [Google]
1325070313950.jpg
26 KB, 465x364
>>710662
>it's like you've never left your house.
While sitting on a rock over a river valley in Mexico, the last thing on my mind ever would have been Kevlar stitched to my ass.
>Cartels you say?
Nah.
Same thing while going in to the woods here in South Carolina. Or my visits to Tennessee, and Georgia. Wasn't a thought in North Carolina while fishing on a river bank or building a fire, making food, or whatever else seemed like it needs to be done. But yeah, because I don't go out of my way to stitch Kevlar to my ass I'm obviously a neckbeard homebody. Dumbass. For the money your stupid ass will spend on the Kevlar and tailoring you could easily buy new pants. You can also take a small 15"x15" foam pad or stadium pad with you and sit on that. But you waste your money however you deem appropriate.
>>
>>710811
woah there. it's all good mayne. the ass of your pants will wear out, it will. that's why the pants exist. you could buy 50 pairs of shitty pants for the price of those. me, i just made a butt flap and sewed it onto the back of my pants. ill never have anything like those, but i might look into kevlar for patching material since i mostly don't wash my clothes.
>>
if you want durable pants for outdoor use, look at duluth trading company fire hose cargo pants.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-fire-hose-work-pants-92204.aspx
they are very durable, have stopped every thorn bush ive ever walked through, and are warrantied for life. if they rip or tear u sent them back.

ive had 6 pairs for 2 years, and i wear a pair every day, laundry every 2 weeks, and they haven't worn out yet.
>>
>>710850
>>710815
here, i have 2 pairs of pants to my name. both duluth, one's the fleece lined the other is the regular cargo. they are great, but they will rip and fuck up same as anything else. my cargos are super ultra haggard, and the fleece lined ones aren't far behind. they are definitely the best pants i've had, and i love them. i'd never send them for warranty, i wouldn't want to wear new ones. these have so much history.
>>
>>710850
Word.

Just wore mine rock climbing today. Durable and comfy as hell.
>>
>>710852
sounds cool, do you have pics of how they look with all the wear?
>>
File: DSCF0545.jpg (624 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0545.jpg
624 KB, 1600x1200
>>710850
I got the Duluth Flex pants last October and mine wore out on the inside pant cuff. I wear them pretty much every other day with the Carhartt flex pants as the other pair, the Carhartts have not worn on the inside leg. Mine definitely won't stop Devils Club thorns.

I might try the regular ones next but even though mine, the flex hose pants, are worn through I would 100% definitely get them again.
>>
>>710815
I'm aware but my experience and recreation shouldn't be of question because of my lack of Kevlar protected butt cheeks.
>>
Any of you guys have a pattern to make something like in OP's pic?
>>
File: P1030583.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1030583.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>710915
nice to meet another duluth fan. i dont see anyone wearing them in my AO.

this is the reason i dont like the duluth flex, and instead i recommend the regular duluth fire hose. they took more fire hose and stitched it over the seams at the cuffs, and the waist.

my black pairs show it best, as all the pairs get the same brown reinforcements. but you cant see it when worn, because it's inside.
>>
>>710906
i'm going to do maintenance on em today or tomorrow and ill take some pics
>>
>>710188
>>710229
Dyneema?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.