[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite leatherman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: van.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
van.gif
1 MB, 400x300
What's your favourite leatherman?
>>
the sidekick because of price, and it's still a good leatherman
>>
File: 1-crunch.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1-crunch.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
I picked this up at a flea market for $5. Haven't had the chance to use it yet but I like the idea of being able to clamp stuff and use both hands for something.

the OHT looks pretty cool.
>>
Wave
>>
wave, but I heard they changed em so the new ones are crap
>>
>>708143

I bought a wave a few months ago. I manage a bar so having all the tools on me to fix shit is pretty handy. The blade stays sharp and the kitchen guys hone it once a week so its always ready to go. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but I hear the pliers crap out eventually though I never use it for heavy duty work more than tightening keg couplers and fixing an odd hinge or something.
>>
>>708223
They say that about literally everything.
>yea they used to be good but the new ones suck, theyre from china now
>>
Surge.

Wave is good too i just like the extra beef and the t-shank blade holder
>>
>>708240
Because it's true of literally everything.
>>
>>708143
My favorite Leatherman is the Rev I got around Christmas time for ten bucks. Can't beat it. I don't imagine I need much else and it has been useful.
>>
File: chinese .png (76 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
chinese .png
76 KB, 441x411
>>708240
Everyone is getting ching chonged. /diy/ buys some parts from china because >1 dollar shipping included and the results are amazing
>>
>>708143
surge is the only good answer
>>
>>708143

Charge Tti by FAR
>>
>>708275
enjoy your MT of stone, caveman
>>
File: leatherman.jpg (55 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
leatherman.jpg
55 KB, 500x400
ironically this guy was one of the straight members of the village people. he was a toll collector before joining and a motorcycle buff.
>>
>>708143
EDC a Wave and a Style (which is pretty much the same as a Swiss Army Knife Classic with a better blade/tweezers but no toothpick).
>>
>>708143
I'm a fan of the Wave. I've also got a Wingman, because I couldn't find my Wave, and was doing a bunch of stuff around the house. The Wingman proved itself to be pretty darn good for the money before I managed to find my Wave again. I'd probably miss the saw if I was on an /out/ing with the Wingman, though.
>>
>>709337
>no toothpick
Get this madman out of here
>>
File: image.jpg (939 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
939 KB, 1536x2048
Gerber Multi-plier
Because OTF is fun even though the other bits are slightly more difficult to get out
>>
File: IMG_2502.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2502.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>
>>708376
$90 extra for a bit of titanium and a gut hook? (compared to wave)
not worth it
>>
>>711523

And less weight and better knife, yes worth it

Although it needs even more titanium imo.
>>
>>711538
0.3 oz
not noticeable in the slightest. the knife is slightly better but 420 HC is still very good steel, most people wouldn't notice the difference

but if you have money to burn, why not
>>
>>711538
Not him but I'm mixed on the Charge.
>only 0.1 oz or 9g lighter than the Wave, and I bet most of that comes from the material removed for the cutting hook/ plier crimpers
>much better blade steel is a plus
>cutting hook is handy but considering it already has two knives and a pair of scissors . . . .
>crimpers remove chunk out of pliers and makes the tips weaker
>~50% more expensive
>>
>>711546

I jumped on the charge tti because the price difference is not that big.

There's a store in amazon with free international shipping that sells them for a good price.

To me, it'd just hurt to spend a lot on a wave when I could get a charge for a little more (and not do it)
>>
>>708143
wave
no fucking question
>>
>>710973
faggot
>>
>>711816
>free international shipping
Are you not from the US? I heard the Wave is proportionally more expensive to get shipped out and thus I can see why you'd go for the Charge instead.
>>
>>711927

Yes senpai, I'm a eurofag.

I also paid for it with part of my first monthly pay of my first job, so I was a happy (and trigger-happy) nigger back then.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.