[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light 1 person tents. Basically im after a tent like the six
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: images (26).jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
26 KB, 384x384
Light 1 person tents. Basically im after a tent like the six moon solo or the big agnes flycreek. Except those two are way too expensive for me. I was looking into a bivvy bag but i live in north australia so really need to be properly water and bug proof to enjoy the night. Are there any other tents that are similar weight (1kg) that arent as expensive as these ones? Prob a max of $300aud i could go to but would prefer less. I know someone is going to say
>light
>cheap
>pick one

But surely there is some middle ground.

Actually more important than weight is packed size
>>
Is it not possible to carry a hammock in Zyzz land?
>>
Yes but id rather not depend on trees plus isnt a hammock including fly and tarp about the same weight as a tent anyway?

Op here im revising my criteria which might increase results.

Only needs to be 3 season. Can be upto 1.5kg, would be really great if it was free standing. Ive got a ferrino chaos 2 at the moment which is a great tent for 2 people so if there was a 1 person version of that i'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>706693
I was just about to make a similar thread

>>706699
We have the worlds most poisonous snakes and spiders, the fauna all have sharp claws and spikes despite being mostly herbivores, the mozzies carry Ross river virus which is a primordial cousin to malaria and will knock you for 6
A tent isn't too much to ask for
>>
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Person-Outdoor-Camping-Tent-Ultralight-Tent-Double-layer-Tent-NH15T001-T-/321899074550?nav=SEARCH

This one looks like an exact rip off of the big agnes one. I wonder how shit it would be?
>>
>>706693
I've gone through ~3-4 tents so far in my sc/out/ing, and the one I've liked the most is the Kelty Gunnison 2.3. It's a decent price, and holds up, and is easy to set up. Hope it helps OP
>>
>>706798
Thanks, those tents look decent and are cheap, but the one person is up around 2kg which is a bit too much. I wish that fly creek was cheaper!!
>>
I was in Anaconda today op and saw two hiking tents that I'm also considering.

Dune 4wd Sentry Bivy and the Blackwolf Stealth Bivy.

The Dune is much larger, more overhead space, the Blackwolf is more of a cocoon style.
>>
>>706693
I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-Spitfire-1-Tent/dp/B00SZ0ZLME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457507276&sr=8-1&keywords=eureka+spitfire+1

it's quite good, fast to set up and held up to a night of rain. It must be anchored in two places to stand though (front and back), it's the price for only having one plus a very short one) pole.
>>
>>706821
Thanks ill check out the dune one, i did some research on the black wolf stealth bivy and most people commented about how wet it gets inside, which would be even worse up here.
>>
https://www.tarptent.com/protrail.html

I really can't say enough about how good this tent is.
>>
>>706887
Thats awsome! its about 300 aud before postage. So youve had it for a while and cant fault it? Thanks
>>
>>706693
>Northern Australia
>Not swag
>Pick one
>>
>>706904
I did both the AT and PCT in it, as well as various weekend trips. Weathered many rain storms, high wind, snow, desert, etc. After about 350 uses, my trekking pole finally poked a little hole in the top where you put the tip in, but the medal grommet prevented anything more than a little hole and I still use it today. The model I have is the older contrail as well, and I probably was too harsh on the guy lines and how tight I staked it out too. Solid tent.
>>
On a related note, done a lot of hiking over the years but planning my first multiday this summer in Snowdonia. Is it worth spending serious money on a 1 person tent now, or just get a cheap one and make all my beginners mistakes on that?
>>
>>706908
>swag
>portable

Pick one
>>
>>706924
With a big enough pack you can do it.
Actually know a dude that used to just jump his. He carried no cold weather gear though, or spare clothes.

It's doable, but not smart.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.