[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for backpacking alone? I have no friends and I love being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Tips for backpacking alone? I have no friends and I love being /out/ but I don't want to get brutally murdered by other humans
>>
90% of hikers I run into are harmless hipsters carrying their 30lbs of Mountain House and Starbucks coffee grounds talking about how beautiful the scenery is. Cut your fucking dreadlocks off white boy.
>>
>>706203
That still leaves 10% of deranged psychos. Also how can you be upset at people enjoying scenery. Lastly, I started balding two years ago at the distinguished age of 17.
>>
>>696881
There's already an active thread about solo hiking
>>
>>706210

The other 10% are just normal people. I've occasionally ran into a person illegally hunting or drinking on National Forests, but they were harmless.

You only live once. If you really want to go hiking or camping then do it. Don't be scared. You have a significant higher chance getting killed on your drive to the trail head than the actual hiking trip.
>>
>>706201
are you a guy?

If so, there is next to absolutely no chance you will ever have a problem alone while /out/

If you are a woman, there is some possibility, but probably not.

You are MUCH more likely to get some older guy who wants to talk for 30 minutes while you are on trail. This get more likely the longer your hike is or more remote.

When you are remote hiking and you come across someone, they are much more likely to want to talk.

I am almost always alone when I an /out/. I've never had a problem with people.

Had a problem with wild dogs once, but no people.
>>
Just hold a big knoife in your hand ar night and say to yourself ,,im the man,,
>>
Stop watching horror movies. Our mind just starts to play games at night..... Once at solo overnighter stayed near an old graveyard. It was raining the whole evening and wild boars were getting closer and closer. Packed my stuff then walked through river and made a big circle so i wouldnt have to go through the pitch black remote forest with no visibility and wild animals. Went through graveyard pikced my bike and went home to drink vodka with my mother at 2'o clock night. Had to ride my bike lile 4 km in a fucking storm... Was a nice trip would do it again 10/10
>>
You will be fine, just dont become that creepy guy innawoods who breathes heavy and stares at women without talking.

If you are hiking and see other hikers they assume you like himing and are going to chat, camp next to other campers same senario you have better odds of being hit by a car getting cancer etc than some creep murdering you innawoods
>>
>>706201
You're really much safer out in the wilderness. I was out on an overnight trip not two days ago and it was still freezing so the animals were not out. There were also no other people crazy enough to be out there. So there really isnt much that could have happened to me.

It was one of the most peaceful experiences I've ever had, the only noise all night was running water, and I awoke to birds chirping and the sun rising over the mountains in front of my tent.

My tip to you would be: don't be frightened and try to enjoy the peace and serenity of being alone in the wilderness. You are much more likely to die so many others ways back in civilization, take the proper precautions and come prepared and you will be fine.
>>
>>706251
I think this is pretty spot on. It's just in your head really. People are scared of travelling by plane, but you're 1000+ times more likely to die when you drive to the airport, yet that doesn't scare people. As soon as you recognize the fact that most places /out/ are safer than anywhere else, you'll adapt and no longer worry.
>>
>>706203
someones mad right off the bat
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.