[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all! I'm looking for a daypack. Mainly for day hikes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 550x450
Hey all! I'm looking for a daypack. Mainly for day hikes and just general carrying stuff around in. I've looked a bit but there is so much out there it's confusing, I trust outs opinion.

Prefferably with hip straps and some rigidness and passing to the back. I've been thinking about the Teton oasis 100 as displayed in my pic but idk.

Thanks for any suggestions!
>>
I started day hiking with a Jansport school backpack. Just get a cheap REI day pack.
>>
>>706187
>Teton oasis
$40? Looks like an alright daypack to me, go for it.
>>
Hit a few thrift stores man. I got an old hydration pack that I love for $3 without the bladder. Been using it for about 5 years... The chest strap broke, so I might be looking for a new one soon. I was just in Target today glancing at some cheap packs and they have some like that for $30 or so, but they felt pretty cheap. If you have a Cabelas near you, they have the Bargain Cave which always seems to have some decent packs with a slight malfunction (at least at mine)

Also, Craigslist. I bought a nice Kelty backpack for $15 from some guy on Craigslist who was moving. I'd start with thrift stores first though.
>>
>>706220
This

Also, just bought a near brand new 30L daypack for $30 off ebay that normally retails for $100 in the store. You could check there as well.
>>
you don't need to carry much in a day pack, they carry so little weight
so don't worry about hip straps and decent padding
>>
>>706232
Depends on your hobbies and habits, and if you got a girlfriend. I got a similar pack like OP pic, and I use it more than my flash pack
>>
>>706187
Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but check out the Osprey Quasar and Mountain Hardwear Agama. I got the older model of the Quasar when it was on sale for like $55 and use it all the time.

http://www.zappos.com/osprey-quasar-pack
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Mountain-Hardwear-Agama-33L-Pack_10222594_10208_10000001_-1_
>>
I have a high Sierra Titan 55, it's fairly expensive, but it has ample storage, a rigid aluminum frame, and a great load distribution system (wide, comfortable straps for both your hips and shoulders)
>>
>>706187
>daypack

>>706867
>high Sierra Titan 55

Try at least to read the OP before you answer.
>>
I like my Osprey hydration pack. It has a waistbelt and the pack is held away from your back by a small mesh "frame" panel. It distributes the load well and lets your back breathe.
>>
File: medicpack.jpg (241 KB, 1082x548) Image search: [Google]
medicpack.jpg
241 KB, 1082x548
got this for $50. it has a waist strap but it's not a fancy padded one. it's pretty much exactly what i wanted in a day pack.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.