[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEST /OUT/ RECIPES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
Dump easy to make 10/10 camp food recipes with natural ingredients! No MRE shit.
>>
File: w_image_1415906240959_47552.jpg (128 KB, 690x748) Image search: [Google]
w_image_1415906240959_47552.jpg
128 KB, 690x748
>>705138
I will start.
Plov (some english tards call it pilaf)
INGREDIENTS:
Rice about 100g
Chicken or pork +- 200g
1 big or 2 small carrots
Onion
Black Pepper crushed
Salt
Tomato souce or ketchup
So just cut the meat in small cubes and fry it to get brownish then add chopped carrot and chopper onion salt and pepper and cook a bit more until onion gets golden brown then throw it all in pot add some water and rice on top of the meat and boil until rice is ready. If u have enough meat on bottom of pot it will not burn the rice so dont stir... Add ketchup and enjoy.
>>
>trap an animal
>kill it
>stick it's meat on a stick
>cook it over a fire until it's hot and crisp

Bringing your own meals is for women and children. The most you should bring is protein bars and/or beef jerky.
>>
foil packs

beef carrots potatoes salt and pepper wrapped in aluminum foil and put in the coals (careful w/ your wrap technique b/c all the juice will leak out and that's no bueno)

curry:
put curry powder/chili/coriander/garam masala/mustard seeds/whatever u want in oil until it browns slightly

then dump a whole shit ton of ginger, garlic, onions, chilis, lemongrass in the oil and mix it around until the garlic browns and it becomes hella fragrant

then add the protein of your choice and cook until it's not quite done

add some liquid and put a lid on that sucker for ~10-15 minutes, stirring every once in a while to make sure the flavor isn't stuck to the bottom

serve over rice

when i'm hiking i like to use dry ingredients and stuff that won't spoil i.e. veggies and legumes

make some chili or something. put some quinoa in your life, it's super good with asparagus or brocoli and vinegar, soy sauce, almonds, maybe a little bit of lime juice for that tang

why not catch a fish and cook that bitch? a novel way to do so is to (after cleaning) pack it in clay/paper mache type of thing (easy to make if you have a newspaper laying around) after stuffing it with herbs, nuts and garlic, maybe smear it with some olive oil inside and out to facilitate the cooking and the flavor, then bury it under a campfire. v. tasty eats my dude
>>
>>705157
Trap an animal - spend few years in prison. Not everywhere we can bring mr15 to school and shoot everyone we want
>>
File: IMG_20160305_153236.jpg (4 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_153236.jpg
4 MB, 2336x4160
>>705158
Well its not about why no catch a fish and cook it or why not drink your own piss its the different cultures different foods and stuff we could gather and try someday.... Btw chub yesterday in out.... Fish just need salt pepper and something green like spring onions or simply onions goes for me
>>
>>705161

Only in America you can.
>>
>>705161

>spend years in prison for fishing, trapping small game, or camping during hunting season

Would be miserable to live where you live.
>>
>>705166
Thats the point
>>
>>705167
You can fish and trap but it aint that simple. Here in Europe we have laws that regulates the ammount of use of natural resources. You need license and there are restrictions on a lot of animals almost the whole year... To get hunters licence its like having to take courses and exams for half year and pay like 500 eur plus for gun and trapping there are yearly fees and basically we pay 90% in taxes from what we earn so its hard to explain... Fishing is ok but hunting is fucked up in here! Get some endengared animal in your trap and you fuckked
>>
>>705138

Raw meat
>Cook
Veg
>Cook
Add together with spice. Noice

Tasty. I typically keep my stuff simple. Eating simple at a camp also has a simple appeal to it, at least to me it does. No point in cooking a gourmet meal
>>
>kebabs
Stick meat and veg on a stick, cook it.
>meat
On a stick, cook until tasty.
>veggies
Chop that shit up into a bowl, salad.

Also for shits and giggles we did this in the winter while backcountry skiing.

>mutha fuckin popsicles
Boil snow and any crushed candy together.
Let it freeze in a cup with a stick.

...yeaa bitch. Dessert.
>>
Blackberry crumble:
>Pick wild berries, blackberries are best
>Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, squish a little, bring to a simmer in small pot
>In clean, dry pan mix 1 handful of oats with 1/2 handful of flour, add sugar (preferably brown or demerara), and cinnamon.
>toast dry ingredients in pan for a few minutes
>when berries are cooked, sprinkle crispy oats on top and enjoy with reconstituted milk
>>
>>705167
European wildlife has been hunted for thousands of years, lots of essential species nearly went extinct. We've got no natural predators and the ecosystem is really fragile. It is obvious why hunting is that limited.
>>
>>705138
I really love foraging when I spend multiple days in the wilderness.
Stinging nettle, fir needle and camomile are great for teas.
If you bring some eggs in a bottle you can make legendary omlettes with mushrooms and sorrel you find. Roast a fish fresh from the water and serve it with nettle sauce.
Nature is ripe with extremely tasty ingredients, learn to open your eyes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ksyivTxZzw
Great stuff by Ray Mears
>>
>>705322
Wow, the cuckold training has really been effective.

Don't forget to bin your knife and pay your TV tax.
>>
I do this things called hobo pies. Two slices of bread buttered then any type of pie filling. Toast it and you get a sweet little dessert
>>
>>705178
Oi! You got a license for that post?!
>>
>all these gay-as-fuck recipes
>some nigger actually suggested quinoa

Don't forget your craft beer and Sriracha sauce you glamping hipster faggots.
>>
>>705157

>Check traps
>No animals
>Go hungry

sounds awesome, family
>>
>>705606

Trump, obesity, school shootings, niggers

>Land of the free
>Home of the cucked
>>
>>705233

I know what you mean about simple eating. I kind of feel like it goes with the simplicity of living; the food isn't the focus when I'm out there. It's about nourishment and being free of fussy bullshit.

Yee
>>
>>705713

>I can only consume hamboigahs

Are you one of those cooking illiterates that doesn't even season their food so you don't seem effeminate? Quinoa isn't weirder than rice, you dumbass.
>>
>>705606
Only an american could be so ignorant
Trump 2016 - Make America dumb again
>>
File: hle3LPD.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
hle3LPD.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Sweet and simple is the best. Here's the base for the best fried rice you'll ever have, backcountry or otherwise.
>>
>>705298

>popsicles
holy shit why have I never thought about that
>>
Put chopped veggies and meat into a plastic bag of eggs. Knead until mixed

Boil bag in water

Omlettes
>>
I make pancakes sometimes, or something close to them

- water + powdered milk
- flour
- pinch of salt if available, add whichever seasoning you like
- add sausage , or berries... just use your imagination

First ones will probably taste like shit, but once you find good seasoning combo and get the mixture right it's godlike meal after long hike
>>
>>705327
Stinging nettel is a good cooked green as well
>>
OP here.... From all the replies i can tell americans drink their own piss not water and eat their own shit for days. The post was about making 10/10 food while camping not eating fucking shit. The feel of im the best manliest man who knows everything is too much in these muricans. going out with wife and son and give them worms wrapped in ashes and pubic hair gj wp...
>>
>>706178

I have a feeling that Americans bring Mountain House or other ready to make meals or left over McDonald's. The "hurr I don't bring anything I eat tree bark" posters are probably Australian or Canadian.
>>
>it's a yurofags get triggered by American GOATness episode
Let me grab my popcorn
>>
My all time favour is a nice lentilles soup.
Get some lentilles boiling for 30-40 minutes, add a bit of salt in the water.

Chop some salami into small pieces, doesn't need much for superior taste.

Add whatever vegetables you have and add according to cooking time.

If you're out and know how to find your fresh herbs add these with the sanlami, let it all simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve with your bread.

The beauty of this stew is that carrying lentilles, salt and a stick of salami is lightweight, and will keep in any weather for longer periods.
>>
File: 678-Kristi.jpg (240 KB, 385x538) Image search: [Google]
678-Kristi.jpg
240 KB, 385x538
>>705138
>>697901
>>
>>706118
not sure if ja/ck/...
>>
>>705138
>1 young virgin
>1 glass of wine
>few buddies
>make fire
>drink wine
>rape virgin
>cut off her limbs and roast them over the fire
>cauterize the wounds
>eat them limbs with /out/ buddies when roast
>rape her ass too take turns to fill her up real good
>wait till fire settles into embers
>put her on embers
>wait till jizz cooks inside the catch
>now the liver and heart is perfect
>eat the breasts smoked and half raw
best /out/ recipe i have
>>
File: really, faggot.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
really, faggot.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>ITT
>people that have never been forced to eat unprepared food outdoors due to be super comfortable
>>
>>705138
1.Dutch oven pulled pork
Lay Carrots, celery and onions on the bottom of a dutch oven and rest a small rolled shoulder of pork on top and fill up way past meat with water. put the dutch oven into hot coals and put a few on top. Keep checking that there's always water in the bottom and rotate the coals every now and again. After 4 hours you'll have some decently tender pork that can be pulled apart fairly easily. You can also use the juices in the bottom of the oven to make some sauce by adding 2 cups white cider vinegar, 1 cup ketchup, 1 tbps worcestershire sauce and 1tsp cayenne; reduce in the pot.

I also like to make a rabbit stew in a dutch oven over a fire aswell using a tripod.
2 jointed rabbits
1lb pork belly
1-2 leeks
Garlic goes well too, but this is optional
pint of heavy cream
up to 2 quarts of weak chicken broth depending on how hot the fire is and how long you have to cook it (longer=better)
1 pint apple cider

cube the pork belly and fry in a pan with the rabbit in oil until browned. Fry leeks (and garlic) in butter in the dutch oven. When sweated, put in the pork belly and rabbit into the dutch oven, followed by the chicken broth and apple cider. Stew for at least 45 mins, (dont stew for too long because then the flavour will be to concentrated and overwhelming). When you're happy with how cooked the rabbit is add the cream, stir it in and bring close to the boil. Best served with mash but pretty good on its own too.
>>
File: len.png (17 KB, 115x102) Image search: [Google]
len.png
17 KB, 115x102
>>706488
what the fuck
>>
>>706488
>>>/b/
>>
File: 1455453599899.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1455453599899.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
Is it ridiculous of me that I'm wary of trapping/catching small game or fish while /out/ because I don't want to eat a parasite?
>>
>>706788

As long as you cook the meat through you should be fine. It's better that you're aware of it than not.
>>
>>706796
Even with waterborne parasites in fishes?
>>
>>706788
cook it thoroughly as fuck.
and then let it cook a little longer.

no youre not ridiculous for worrying about parasites, wild game is always a bit of a risk.
same rules for waterborne parasites. you can also freeze them for a few days.

http://www.fao.org/wairdocs/tan/x5951e/x5951e01.htm
"Phocanema and Anisakis larvae are killed in 1 minute at a temperature of 60°C or over. In practice this means that cooking a fillet 3 cm thick for 10 minutes at 60°C will kill any worms present"
>>
>>705606
Yea, the Euros are the cucked ones.

Meanwhile, us Amerifats have been steadily cucked, fucked, and destroyed by the businesses that own us and our government, while passing that cuckery onto most of the world.
>>
>>706206
Lentils. In English it is spelled Lentils.

But I share your adoration for lentil soup, though having never really considered how good they would be for backpacking. I'll havta put that near the top of my shopping list next time.
Ty, sc/out/
>>
I bring some smoked flank steak and heat it up over a fire. I'll melt some cheese on it, onions, and jalapenos. I also bring a potato to cook in the fire. That's usually what I pack for dinners. I mostly pack smoked meats and veggies to snack on. I bring about a lb of dried baby carrots and snake on them 24/7. I'll bring apples and oranges, etc. But I love smoked meat for my meals. Used to buy that expensive Mountain House meals and it gave me horrible bowel movements. I even tried MREs and they had me constipated for a week.
>>
>>706797
I'm careful with small game but I've eaten freshly caught fish all my life without a concern in that regard.
>>
>>705170
There are mass shootings in other countries too. They don't usually get the same type of coverage. We're number five in the first world. Just a few spots above Britbongs
>>
>>707055
Incidents 38... U wot?
>>
>>705138
Hardtack
Smoked fish
Beef Jerky

Occasionally I bring some canned soup or spam, but usually its just the bare essentials.
>>
>>707418
mfw a single incident in norway beat usa to shits in statistics
>>
>>706537

>Garlic goes well too, but this is optional

Its dirt cheap, extremely light, and the base flavor of every cuisine from Japan to Europe. Garlic is not fucking optional my man.

Also you're really missing out by not packing at least some dried rosemary, thyme, and oregano to add to your stews. Grow it yourself in a pot by the window and pack it in a ziploc when you camp, dried or fresh.
>>
>>707055
nah, no problems here
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.