[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW MORA KNAIFUS 2016 >NEW MORA KNAIFUS 2016 MODEL 1: GARBERG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: 100.jpg (243 KB, 934x636) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
243 KB, 934x636
NEW MORA KNAIFUS 2016
>NEW MORA KNAIFUS 2016

MODEL 1: GARBERG
MODEL 2: KANSBOL

Morakniv Garberg

The 3.2mm thick blade is made from high grade Swedish stainless steel.The blade has a Scandi-grind profile.

Morakniv Kansbol
Swedish stainless steel to enhance strength and long-lasting sharpness. The blade is profile shaped for added precision and the spine is ground so that it can be used with a fire starter.

...bye bye carbon steel.
>>
File: 125.gif (277 KB, 613x626) Image search: [Google]
125.gif
277 KB, 613x626
>>704989
>MORA KNAIFUS 2016
>>
>>704989
>stainless
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 26861104.jpg (83 KB, 339x537) Image search: [Google]
26861104.jpg
83 KB, 339x537
FIRST MORA NECKKNAIFU

ELDRIS chan!

The knife has a precision blade and ground spine compatible with a fire starter.
>>
>>704994
They are so fucking cute. I need one.
>>
They're all looking pretty fucking good

TO BE HONEST
>>
File: 可愛い.jpg (173 KB, 505x500) Image search: [Google]
可愛い.jpg
173 KB, 505x500
>>
File: 1457349745408.jpg (74 KB, 800x795) Image search: [Google]
1457349745408.jpg
74 KB, 800x795
>>704989
>GARBERG
is full tang..
>>
>>704993
>t. I know shit about knives but I like to pretend that I do
>>
>>704994
I'm seriously considering this to be my carving+allaround small knive in addition to a small hatchet.
>>
>>705036
>t. mora shill that tries to push the overpriced shit to the batoning community
>>
>>704994
Nice. I'm stuck with carrying a paring knife with a plastic sheath (one of those that comes in all of the colors) in my bag. Seriously considering getting this.
>>
>>705042
This shill meme on /out/ really has to die, it kills every conversation about products.
But still, there is literally no problem with mora steels for that price, they are simply enough for every outdoor problem the average hiker/bushcrafter has to face.
>>
>>705047
>that price
like $100 for the Garberg? I think $12 for a 711 is really fair, but $100 for a cheap Sandvik blade? Don't think so.
>>
I aon't going nowhere unless the blade is at least 6 inches
>>
>>705056
Heh, most companies charge good money for 12c27, same as most companies charge good money for 1095(XC90), the cheap swede brands are the exception not the rule.
>>
File: 110.gif (733 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
110.gif
733 KB, 500x247
>>705056
>$100 for the Garberg
sauce?
>>
File: 522.jpg (231 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
522.jpg
231 KB, 411x600
>>
>>705117
https://gearjunkie.com/morakniv-garberg-survival-bushcraft-knife
>99$-109$, depending on the sheet

Seriously, I can have a perfectly fine 711 or similar for 10-15$ or pay 100 for the garberg. I really don't see the added value, for this price I can get an Enzo trapper or a custom puukko.
>>
>>705179
why this hating? because you redneck shit?!

MSRP = isn't the real retail price. its is a recommintaion.

- europe
>>
Kansbol looks like it has a shitty grind that'll just make it needlessly more awkward to sharpen.

Garberg looks ok. And I like the new sheaths.

Question'll be what price these are set at.
>>
>>705056
I weren't talking about the garberg, I was talking about moras in general. I bought my mora bushcraft forest for like 20 usds, for that price it is the best knife by far.
Still, I would wait until the release before discussing the garberg's price.
100+ dollars are really much, for that price I can get a customized knife with sleipnir blade.
I hope mora will not jump on the fjällräven train.
>>
>>704994
When is this being released?
>>
Would never spend that much money on a fucking Mora, full tang or otherwise.
>>
>>705440
And yet, dumb asses will.
>>
File: JNJM.jpg (36 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
JNJM.jpg
36 KB, 210x240
>>705403
spring / easter?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>704989
Still wondering if Mora will gib me a free Garrrrberrrrggg for eradicating invaisive species.

Probably didn't help that I posted a pic of a Kershaw in their little contest and tagged them in it.
>>
>>705774
well. you think the mora guys like animal molesters?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>705781
Not sure. I haven't heard anything back about winning the contest.

And those fish are hell on the ecosystem.
>>
>>705774
Fuck Snakeheads man, they should let you win just for that alone.
>>
ETA FOR ELDRIS

september 16 ...

eldirs pure: 26,oo€
eldris with firestarter(kit?): 40, oo€
>>
I just want them to make their Bushcraft Survival knives in their military green already. I actually e-mailed them about it and about why they don't make their companion HD in Stainless. Their response is they didn't think Americans would want a Stainless Heavy Duty companion or Bushcraft Green Survival. Pic related.

Also semi-related: People always mention that the main reason nobody buys the Mora Bushcraft/Bushcraft survival knives is because their cost around $100 American puts it in the tier of "better made knives of similar price points." The thing is I just found them new for about $70 and I'm wondering if that $10 drop makes it worthwhile. Your thoughts?
>>
I thought about it a but and I think I'm most excited for the Eldris ( the knife you forgot about; pic related ) and the Garberg. The Kansbol seems to be a bit too similar to some of their other knives for me to take seriously. That said, both the Eldris and the Garberg both have features I wish the other had: I wish the Eldris were full tang and the Garberg's sheath had a fire-starter slot.
>>
>>709336
that knife was obviously made for britbongs so they don't get cucked by their police
>>
>>709362
Even if it was it is still the one I am most excited about; and I'm an amerifag saying this. Given it the blade is under 3 inches I can legally carry it anywhere in the U.S. that isn't restricted.
>>
>>709372
i prefer folders for this sort of thing tho
a good backlock folder like a tri-ad will do perfectly as an edc while being more compact.

i see this mora more like a work/utility knife if i was carving wood as a business i would buy especially if cheap.
>>
>>709432
folders are for kids
>>
>>708167
>Mora Bushcraft
>>708167
>cost around $100
wrong
>>
>>709441
wtf are you on?
popsicles are for kids not knives.
>>
>>704989
But will the tip last?
>>
>>709362
We would still get rekt by carrying that in public. We can only carry non locking blades that are less than 3 inches in length. But to be fair if you are doing something like camping fishing or hunting you can carry whatever you want.
>>
>>705212
>MSRP = isn't the real retail price
True, but companies typically can and do stick to the price range as to turn a real profit. So unless you're holding to the idea that a company will post it well below the MSRP of a new knife from a line with cult followers you're being flat out dumb purely for the sake of argument. I'm also not the person you're originally arguing with.
>>
>>710033
a guy in an other thread said that the police can't do a fucking thing to enforce this knife rule if you say you think it's retarded shit and you will have none of it.

i would like a lawyer chip in on the subject tho.
>>
>>710045
Yeah the law is incredibly vague and in most situations whether you get done or not depends on the police officer and what kind of day he's having. I hate the knife laws here, though. Every law revolves around trying to get kids to stop stabbing each other in major cities but they obviously don't help. So stupid.
>>
>>710050
nothing is vague about it except for what is accepted as justification to carry a knife.
these are called "rubber laws" here that only serve to empower the police to have the ability to fuck with you for anything if they want to and this is for the sole purpose that you be afraid of the cops cause you know they will find something if they want to.

i have researched this stuff a bit and it seems that the police doesn't need your consent to enforce legislations it is done by the "consent of the people" not a single person but all people. basically mass protests might get an offensive act reducted but you not acknowledging it doesn't stop the police from shit.

so in practical effect there is zero difference between law and legislation just like in every other country on earth.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.