[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /out/, /x/ here. the folks back home are busy circlejerking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
hey /out/, /x/ here. the folks back home are busy circlejerking over succubi and conspiracy theories so i figured i might as well ask you guys just in case someone here knows some stuff

so, what do you think/know about druidry/druidism?
>>
>>704797
They knew some shit thats for sure
>>
File: 26595_345739399483_4021974_n.jpg (68 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
26595_345739399483_4021974_n.jpg
68 KB, 604x453
>>704801
that much i have been able to figure out

from what i've read it seems like the romans under Caesar mostly wiped out the druids (outlawing their practices etc), and since the druids themselves never wrote down anything (their teachings were delivered verbally), all we have to go on is the accounts of others and their observations of the druids

i might be completely wrong but that's what i've come up with from researching around a bit
>>
>>704805
Yeah. Thats all true. If they built stonehenge then they probably had some great celestial knowledge
>>
>>704805
Well that is literally what happened.

Personally don't know anything about druids, were they the ones who crafted rune essence?
>>
>>704807
yeah, a lot of things i found mentioned celestial knowledge as well as, obviously, botany and things like that, i don't know if they built stonehenge but it was apparently an important site to them, like a temple
places of natural beauty were also apparently like temples to the druids
someone on /x/ said Hippocrates got most of his stuff from the druids, idk how accurate that is though
>>704809
i have no idea what rune essence even is, sorry
>>
>>704821
Would they have anything to do with paganism, shamanism, or alchemy
>>
File: 1431741933512.jpg (258 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1431741933512.jpg
258 KB, 1600x900
>>704821
i assume it would be, i know that neo-druidism (basically modern druidism) is identified as a pagan belief system

i'm not sure about shamanism as i'm not very familiar with it

from what i've read druids were regarded as very, very wise people, and druids commonly worked as judges, teachers and advisers, and this page does seem to think that they were related to alchemy:
http://www.druidry.org/druid-way/what-druidry/what-druidism/what-druid
>>
File: MhOcdBV.jpg (191 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
MhOcdBV.jpg
191 KB, 480x640
>>704833
woops, meant to quote
>>704825
>>
>>704809
>rune essence
I believe it was the Stone of Jas that gave rune essence it's power, and the Wizards Guild that learned to harvest it.
>>
File: 1346443054517.png (13 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
1346443054517.png
13 KB, 528x404
>>704835
>>
one last bump just in case
>>
>>704805

Which is why modern "druid" practice is 99% invention and pot smoking
>>
Wtf is this thread
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.