[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
So, i just bought a kayak and inside the package there is this thing. No mention of it in the instruction booklet. Any idea of what could possibly be?
>>
>>703482
you obviously sit on it somehow
>>
thats a kayak seed
>>
File: 1456909772159.jpg (92 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1456909772159.jpg
92 KB, 459x612
>>703484
>>
Looks like it's designed to sit in the nose end of the kayak ? Not sure
>>
File: float bag description.002.jpg (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
float bag description.002.jpg
129 KB, 800x600
Google "float bag".
>>
>>703482
It's an inflatable shark tooth toy
>>
>>703482

you tie that to your back and scare people at the beach
>>
I'm just going to post here since the topic is already about kayaks. Just bought a cheap sun dolphin for the lakes and rivers of Missouri. Wanted to spruce it up a bit with stickers of local brewers but not sure how to go about it. I figured maybe lightly sand down an area and then use some sort of aerosol laquer or clear coat. Any input??
>>
>>703532
You want advice on how to put stickers onto something? W..Wow anon.

Just stick that stuff down and cover with resin
>>
>>703532
As long as you aren't scraping against stuff a hole lot I would assume same rules for putting stickers on a car apply
>>
>>703543
Sounds easy to you but have you ever applied a sticker to a rough surface? Doesn't exactly stick.
>>703545
See above

have you guys ever seen a kayak? It's not a canoe, they are not smooth. Maybe some are, but mine is not.
>>
>>703532
You have the right idea. Use marine grade.
>>
>>703532
That thing is basically made from recycled Tupperware; just stick the fucking stickers on it. Sanding or resin will fuck it up.
>>
>>703751
use resin to create a smooth patch for it to adhere to, after dry and sanding of new SMOOTH area, apply sticker

DON'T SAND THE HULL SMOOTH, just add Resin or clear super glue to region you want to stick sticker. Will create smooth, sticker capable area, same for applying names, registration, etc...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qtEJOCqOw
>>
Goes into the nose end
>>
>>703532

>How do I be a hipster faggot?
>Because everyone is looking at me and wants to know what kind of beer companies I support!
>>
>>703906
While I prefer it in the ass end.
>>
File: IMG_20150909_125649.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150909_125649.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>703971
Fucking hippies and thier fucking stickers!

Like anybody actually gives a fuck!
>>
Breast implant?
>>
>>703484
SEED. A SEED, obviously. YOU PLANT IT ON THE KAYAK AND WAIT FOR A SECOND KAYAK TO GROW. YOU FUCKING MORON. PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE FUCKERS WHO CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN YOUR AND YOU'RE. FUCKING IDIOT. AND DON'T GIVE ME THE "IT'S NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE". IT'S NOT MINE EITHER. FUCKTARD
>>
>>704083
> would have played better w/less caps
>>
File: toothache.jpg (64 KB, 554x403) Image search: [Google]
toothache.jpg
64 KB, 554x403
>>703482
That's a megalodon's tooth.
>>
>>704083
?
>>
>>704083
Yeah...duh didn't you know it's a seed? Perhaps you are the moron?
>>
>>703482
Certainly 1 bunch of simpletons here. That is what makes the kayak float if you take on water. It's basically your kayak's life preserver. You need to keep it inflated. Check it before using the kayak every time. Without that your kayak will sink.

Good luck anon and keep it upright.
>>
>>703482

It's a kayak onigiri, senpai
>>
>>703482
I think you attach it in your kayak somehow so that if you capsize the kayak doesn't sink.
>>
>>705071
dunno dude i never seen a kayak that didn't had air pockets built into it on the front and back.
they only sink if you seriously break them and even then not too fast.
>>
>>704062
Apparently you do.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.