[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Innawoods in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: winterwoods.jpg (451 KB, 930x664) Image search: [Google]
winterwoods.jpg
451 KB, 930x664
Hey guys, I have some weeks time free from work and I'm thinking about just going somewhere nice into the woods.
But I'm having trouble finding a patch of forrest anywhere in Europe where I can walk freely without meeting too much civilisation, just want to be for myself.

Who of you knows some spots?

Also feel free to post your experiences in the woods in winter/spring.
>>
>>701994
Unless you live in Scandinavia or east EU then GG m8. Find a national park on google or tell us where you live
>>
>>701997

I live in Germany but can travel around pretty well in Europe
>>
File: SAM_2034.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2034.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
Just spend a few hours on google earth looking for big green patches. There's no real wilderness outside Scotland and Scandiwegia, but there are lots of options to be alone:
-Corsica
-Sardinia
-Pyrenees
-Italian central mountains
-Balkans
I've never been to the Alps but it looks like there are lots of isolated woodlands where you wouldn't be bothered.

It's easy to FEEL isolated in Europe; a bit trickier to BE
isolated.

But seriously, just go to Scotland.
>>
>>702196
North germany? Sweden is based since you can camp in private forests via allemandsretten
>>
File: IMG-20160302-WA0004.jpg (2 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160302-WA0004.jpg
2 MB, 2336x4160
Come to Latvia. Plenty of spots where you could live without anyone noticing. Rivers are good source of fish, clean springs with fresh water and no bears and shit that could rape you while you sleep. Btw tap a birch tree for infinite drinks in a week.
>>
Go there 56.496426,22.613385
You will get lost for sure
>>
East europe has plenty of remote places. West europe not so much. If you really want to get away you could always go to the russian ural.
>>
mate there's plenty of places

Northern England is great, lots of hidden woodlands and forests, especially innalakedistrict

Wales is alright, Scotland is great as well
>>
>>702837
Nobody wants to go to any of the british isles. Its absolutely depressing out there.
>>
>>702840
just get away from the Pakis and you're fine.

Also rainy weather is ultimate /out/doors weather. when there's rain then none of the tourists and normies come out and you're fine to enjoy the outdoors with yourself and likeminded fellows
>>
>>702864
Fuuuck me. As an Australian I would kill to have forests like that here. All we have is scrubby, dry, brown-drab bushland and the occasional rainforest (which can be very nice). I'm pretty tired of gumtrees.
>>
>>702864
m8 help me out. How easy is it to camp about in these places for like 3 days or so? Keep on the move obviously but I guess carrying hatchets etc is illegal here?
>>
>>702773
But I dont speak Latvian
>>
>>702804
Eastern Europe has shit all for forests though.
>>
>>703294
Tasmania seems pretty close to the climate and landscape of parts of northern England.

>>703325
Find a good, isolated place. Tell me what part of England you're from, and I could probably tell you what semi isolated location to go to. if you're deep in a forest then you don't even have to be on the move, just light your fire after nightfall if you're scared of people trying to stop you. I camp on national trust land and the only sign of people in the woods i go to is cut logs, I could spend a week there and be fine. The key is finding a good forest to spend the night in.

As for Hatchets, Knives, if you're innawoods then nobody gives a shit. If you have a reason to take a blade or any "weapon" then it's fine to carry innawoods. I carry a sword and it's legal; besides, there's no police in the forest.
>>
>>703294
I've been saying this for fucking years. I know I should appreciate it, but I hate eucalpyt forests.
>>
>>703351
Are you the same guy that posts in every thread about your hate for those forests....
>>
>>703354
Probably.
>>
>>703350
I live in London so pretty much anywhere would work. Know any good areas near the sea in England/Wales?
>>
>>703363
Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of White aren't too far away.

If you want some woodland then go to the North Downs and the South Downs, they are fucking GOAT
>>
>>702196
Go to Norway during late April/may. It's the best time since the snow is gone and flowers are popping up everywhere. It's not too cold either and you seldomly see people.
>>
File: Iberian-Wolf-011.jpg (43 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Iberian-Wolf-011.jpg
43 KB, 460x276
Lots of wilderness in Spain. Even wet deciduous forests in the Northwest.
>>
>>703294
Go to new Zealand then
>>
>>703357
Are you in victoria or nsw? You have the alpine regions temperate rainforest. Coastal shit like the Sapphire coast all the way to deserts and shitty scrub inland.

Get out mate and see some places, not to mention all the pine plantations you can camp in and around. Go down to glenelg national park.
>>
File: mongo baum.jpg (387 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mongo baum.jpg
387 KB, 1600x1200
Yemen
>>
>>701994
like >>702200 said
Your best bet is gonna be scandinavia
And ive been hearing tales of refugees in south west forests im not sure about the credibility but be wary
>>
>>703616
Meant south east
>>
>>701994
Ditto with me OP. I live in France. I just want to find somewhere cosy to chill and cook over a fire. Sweden is a good one but I think I might go to the massiv centrale region.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.