[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this overkill for a 3-5 day hiking emergency bag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: traumakit.png (123 KB, 461x592) Image search: [Google]
traumakit.png
123 KB, 461x592
Is this overkill for a 3-5 day hiking emergency bag?
>>
>>699818

Is that epipen prescribed to you? If not get rid of it, unless coffee replacement.
>>
>>699818

trying to save as much room as possible
>>
>>699819

A member of the team is allergic to bees
>>
way too much

>ibuprofen
>1 1/2" cloth tape
>ace bandage

epipen's good if you're prescribed it. moleskin's good if you wearing new shoes (which is in itself a terrible idea). lose the rest.

anything more than that you can fabricate, don't need, or you'll die from the injury/poison anyways.
>>
>>699818

Lmao burn gel

That's overkill for a month /out/ kit
>>
>>699819
out of that entire list you chose the 1 frivolous thing thtat everyone should carry
>>
>>699834

why should everyone have epipen?
>>
>>699837
Should be EDC, because, you never know.
There is a reason Be Prepared is the BSoA motto.
>>
>>699834
>frivolous
>everyone should carry

i think you need to recheck your dictionary.

also, you need a scrip to get one, and they expire, so they're inconvenient to keep up.
>>
>>699822
>>699822
>team

How about you tell us how many people this is for , what type of terrain your going to and what kind of activities you will be doing
Used to be an army medic and what I would bring for 150 guys going to the range for a day would be a lot different to what I'd bring going with a single platoon doing a high tempo excercise for 48 hours , of course I usually had support not too far off but you edit your gear according to what you think you might need , can't carry everything for every sistuation
>>
>>699842
5-7 people 5-7 days on the shenandoah trail in VA.
>>
>>699841
you should into reading comprehension

its a frivolous item everyone should carry, yes thats conflictive. if you carry a frivolous item, an epipen should be one. most of that last is frivolity, but the 1 frivolous item you should definitely have is an epipen
>>
>>699872
>frivolous: not having any serious purpose or value.

reading comprehension has nothing to do with you incorrectly using a big word in an attempt to sound smart.
>>
>>700226
see >>699823
>>
>>699873
you think frivolous is a big word? you have your core items, and you have frivolity. now fuck away
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>700257
it's obviously too big for you to figure out, faggot.

frivolous would be something like a titanium spork, not life saving medicine.
>>
>>699818
All that useless shit and no tourniquet...

Wtf is a hiking emergency bag anyway? If you're just going for a romp in the woods, there really isn't any need for first aid. If it's a bug out bag, half that shit is retarded, and the only couple really life saving items you might want are missing.
>>
>>700895
>no tourniquet
Do you not have a shirt on? Or a belt? Or a strap with 550/carbiners attached to molles?

Have you ever /out/ed before?
>>
>>700924
Field expedient tourniquets can be very effective, but carrying and become proficient with applying a good tourniquet could be the difference between getting it on in time and bleeding out. I don't carry one, but I also don't carry any of the shit on OP's list either, and if I were going to, it's something I'd rather have than half of that shit.
>>
>>699818
i personally recommend iodine
>>
>>701196
betadine is better than iodine tincture
simply keeps way way better and works the same.
>>
>>702694
sorry remembered wrong not the same betadine is way better.
>Betadine and tincture of iodine are not the same thing. Tincture of iodine is NOT safe to use. Tincture of Iodine is poisonous! Never use tincture of iodine when penetrating, or piercing skin. It dangerously inflames mucus membranes and if put on a wound, or piercing it can result in a toxic level of iodine absorption.
>>
Are you really gonna carry all this shit with you on a 3 day of backpacking? You almost got a surgery room in this pack. Do you even know how to use each and every piece of this? Can you use it on your own?

If your answer to one of the above is yes, then you shouldnt carry it, it will become useless.

To be honest, I dont carry any First aid kit with me. If it's more than a bleeding I can stop on my own, I'll simply cut the hike and get my ass to the nearest hospital. Also, I got my cellphone with me for emergency.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.