[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ to /out/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: sexy piece of man.jpg (83 KB, 743x1261) Image search: [Google]
sexy piece of man.jpg
83 KB, 743x1261
Hi guys /fit/ reporting in

My parents say I need to get out more cause all I do is play vidya games and go to the gym 4 days a week so here I am

what would be the optimal way to maintain maximum gains while camping, I take in about 3500 calories a day with a very particular macronutrient ratio so I was wondering how I could do that

I was going to bring a big wheely cooler with me to bring steaks and eggs n shit I could probably hike with that cause im pretty strong

also what are some /out/ approved workout routines I need to maintain my gains while on the trail and I cant go losing muscle mass do you think I could chop down a smallish tree and use it as a barbell for weighted movements

thanks everyone
>>
Idk bro being /fit/ while being /out/ is hard

What I recommend is building an /out/ approved house and investing in a generator so you can play vidya and cook steak while being /comfy/ and (in your parent's eyes) /out/.
>>
>>699457
Look into tradesmen bodybuilder diets. Lots of slow burning carbs and such. I personally gave up on putting on weight with how hard I work but it is possible if you're dedicated enough.
>>
>>699467
Truth be told though of you don't wanna go and enjoy the outdoors you never will embrace it and it'll be a waste of time. Talk to some people at your gym and see if anyone does hikes. How old are you and do you work?
>>
>>699457
You need to body slam wildlife creatures. best way to find them is go /out/ there for you can make maximum gains, while still being /out/
>>
Gym faggots have no stamina and can't actually do any endurance work or even a full days hard work. Going to the gym for 45 mins three days a week then sitting or laying around is all they're capable of. All that mass just slows you down if you're trying to do anything like hiking, running, cycling etc.
>>
>>699480
This is what skinny faggots say. Muscular hypertrophy helps your short and long term endurance depending on your training style and can be paired with low intensity steady state cardio (e.g. hiking) for a well balanced body that will serve you very well while /out/

And as for you OP. I started lifting because of /fit/ a few years ago and I get /out/ on a regular basis to go on hikes, camping, etc. I do not change my caloric intake when I do it because when I go, it's summer or approaching summer and we know what that means, cutting season. If you are bulking or gaintaining just do your innawoods activities and eat however many more calories you estimate you've burned. You won't lose muscle mass from a day or two in the woods, no matter what autistic basement "powerlifter/bodybuilders" on /fit/ say
>>
>>699457
>I was going to bring a big wheely cooler with me to bring steaks and eggs n shit I could probably hike with that cause im pretty strong
b8/10
Just bring peanut butter and nuts faggots, a couple days innawoods without weight training or a perfect diet won't kill your gains. Cardio is good for you.
>>
>>699457
breh just bulk before hand
>>
>>699480
:^D
>>
When you go camping, treat your macros as a weekly total. Make up for what you lack, or over compensated for while /out/

Don't be a sperg, and just enjoy yourself. Worry about your non issues when you're back in society.

This is the exact same as all the threads on /fit/ about "what do I do if offered something I wouldn't normally eat" just eat the fucking home made cookie, and have fortitude to stop at one. Or just do the fucking hike, and make up for lost protein later.
>>
>>699457
>nutella
eat a jar every time you go out you will be fine.
>>
>>699617
or bring bacon will last a couple of days without fridge if smoked just wrap it in a cloth.
it's full of nutrients and calories.
>>
>>699457
>cant go losing muscle mass
Wild mushrooms. Nature's miracle steroid.
>>
>>699480

i bet everyones jelly of you anon
>>
>>699457
>My parents say I need to get out more cause all I do is play vidya games and go to the gym 4 days a week so here I am
That is code for "get a job and move out now"
>>
>>699480
He's right, /fit/izens don't do any cardio and if they were to go a hike they'd be out of breath rather quick as cardio isn't neccesary for them gains yo so they just don't do it.
>>
There's bigger, stronger guys than you who go out and enjoy the forest anon. Stop being a pansy ass about your cutsie diet schedule. And stop being a 1 dimensional bro.
>>
Start bouldering bro, its for the /fit/est of strong bros and is thoroughly /out/.
While camping and hiking think of bare minimum, brown rice and beans, protein bars, calorie gels ect, save energy or cover your calorific deficits.
Chopping wood, bouldering/climbing, paddle sports, hill running, all valid outdoor exercise for a pump. I personally find a boulder and try lift it like an atlas stone and slam it on top of those beta rock piles.
>>
>>701210
Also foraging for stinging nettles, their root have something in them that stop test breaking down
>>
>>699612

I dunno

I've taken two meatheads on hikes up and down mountains and they had useless stamina compared to me, and most people would say they looked "fit" compared to me
>>
>>699457

Inject

>see pic
>notice no testie bulge
>>
>>699457
Why is his cock so tiny?
>>
How about something like diy soylent, and just eat a lot of it?
>>
>>702557
FRESH eggs can last a week not in a cooler if not left in the sun. But just get powdered/dehydrated eggs to be safe. As for your steaks, get a decent week or longer cooler and dry ice it, use decent gaskets and gloves layers. Get a lot of that instant bacon and dense carbs like pastas and potatoes.

While you are out, FISH and if not squeamish, HUNT. You will enjoy yourself AND get meat. Just remember to COOK the shit out of anything caught. Not like wildlife gets vaccinated or anything.

Remember that camp/hike/bike/climb/swim/boat(self powered) takes A LOT of energy, both short and long term. Your metabolism WILL rise even more than when you lift/run for a short period of time.
>>
> I was going to bring a big wheely cooler with me to bring steaks and eggs n shit I could probably hike with that cause im pretty strong

> also what are some /out/ approved workout routines I need to maintain my gains while on the trail and I cant go losing muscle mass do you think I could chop down a smallish tree and use it as a barbell for weighted movements
>>
>>699480
>>699612
>>701219
generally muscular hypertrophy does not help one bit in endurance sports. in fact it will make you gas out faster if you don't pace yourself.

of course you can get endurance training and cardio training besides body building but it can influence your results. long term endurance events will break down muscle tissue and your overall calorie intake and rest must be carefully adjusted. it can help you or hurt you.
>>
>>699457
Honestly dude...

a lot of the home /out/ life, at least where I am, is about conservation of calories. It's about figuring out how to ration what you've got and still have enough calories to do things like collect fire fuel etc.

I stay in shape because of my job, since I'm in the tree removal, wood splitting, stump removal business. Lumberjack is a good way to stay in shape, but I'm far from cut. We're those dudes that look like fatties that can lift way more than you'd expect, and have stamina literally for days.

Like "fat gandalf" in Deadpool. A lot of us are outdoorsman simply because it's what we know. We swing an axe all day, climb trees without a safety line with just a thick strap and boots with spikes on, then lug the felled tree to a splitter and load the logs in, then do it all over again from about 4am to 7pm.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.