[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /out/ think of the Jerven bag? A bit pricey but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 22621d.jpg (370 KB, 1100x1073) Image search: [Google]
22621d.jpg
370 KB, 1100x1073
What does /out/ think of the Jerven bag? A bit pricey but it looks versatile. I just don't personally know anyone who's used one
>>
File: 23137e[1].jpg (227 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
23137e[1].jpg
227 KB, 900x580
I know tons of guys who use them for different things, but mostly moose hunting

They are simply amazing. The heat they retain is mind blowing, and even in sub-zero temperatures you can sit quite light-clothed and still feel like you're sitting at a normal room in your home, perfectly heated.

Not cheap, but I would say that they are the best you can get, and definetly worth the money
>>
A bit heavy and expensive, but I think the pattern would work for my area (Colorado Platue).

Kind wish the pattern ws revesable from one type to another.
>>
File: tekstiljerven-1.jpg (22 KB, 340x390) Image search: [Google]
tekstiljerven-1.jpg
22 KB, 340x390
>>685045
The mountain pattern is the standard but you can get them in forest camo as well
>>
>>685002
looks fucking retarded op, there is a reason mountaineers don't wear dresses
>>
>>685114
I really like that forest camo. Much better than the typical American woodland pattern
>>
>>685002
gear fag shitposting
>>
Looks like a woobie with arm holes. So this thing probably keeps you comfy as hell I am going to assume
>>
>>685002
Looks like something good for staying put for long periods of time. They wouldn't be good for multi-day excursions.
>>
These things can double as a sleeping bag, can't they?
>>
>>685327
it works as bivvy bag, tarp or poncho.

I guess during summer it's warm enough to use it as sleeping bag if it's one of the insulated ones
>>
>>685329
There's an extreme model designed to be capable as a winter bag, but it's definitely crazy pricey and probably heavy as the dickens
>>
After years of trying and failing and over $500 spent I just junked all my hammocks and bought one of these. It's way cheaper, lighter, easier and more comfy and basically bombproof
>>
>>685410
I'm sure it's heaven to sleep in when it's wet from wearing it around all day in elements.
>>
They look stupid.
>Are you that vain?
No, but because of that I find it hard to believe they are comfortable or worth the money.
>>
>>685444
>things that look stupid cannot be useful
>not being vain
pick one
>>
>>685452
Did you read the last line, m8?
It's a good bit of dosh to fork over for something that I might hate to death.
If I could try before I buy I'd be perfectly open-minded.
>>
File: jerven.jpg (860 KB, 3150x2102) Image search: [Google]
jerven.jpg
860 KB, 3150x2102
>>685444
of course it looks a bit silly in OPs picture, it's an alternative way to use it to show that you can wear it as a poncho
this is how most people use it, as a bivvy bag
>>
>he's surrounded by snow but too much of a fucktard to build an igloo.

>better wear this 50 kilo blanket instead.
>>
File: 47861524.jpg (827 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
47861524.jpg
827 KB, 1000x562
>>685002
A simpel rain poncho does the trick for half the price.
>>
>>685002
I don't really see the point. Like at all.
>>
>>685472
Oh, yeah, that's a much better picture
>>685500
It's an insulated winter bivouac. Especially useful for hunting, or anything else where mobility is a lower priority than patience (knew a photographer who used one for work in Alaska), and so aren't making as much extra body heat
>>
>>685512
But why don't you just wear more layers or better clothing.
>>
>>685518
You'd overheat wearing that much clothing when you do need to move. This just folds up. Same reason you don't hike in a sleeping bag
>>
That camo pattern fits my AO so precisely! I'm in for sentry, spotting and steady position work!

Might be good (or fantastic) for SERE?

> do want
>>
>>685002
Got one when I was a Norwegian conscript. Works really great, can be used as a hammock, extra layer for sleeping bag, extra camo or warmth. Later got one in extra termo. Very "customizable". Recommended
>>
>>686608
Can this be worn over a typical internal frame pack of say 50L or more?

Or too warm at 0*C for wearing as a loose poncho over pack while backpacking?
>>
File: tumblr_nih62w6EFB1twv1gzo1_500.jpg (89 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nih62w6EFB1twv1gzo1_500.jpg
89 KB, 500x375
Anyone have experience with this? If so, is it worth the money?
>>
>>685002
I own a hunters edition. Use it mostly for sleeping in on summer nights and as a bivi/extra warmth rest of year. It's also decently useful for sitting still and light movement e.g. when in camp or small walks. Wouldn't recommend for an entire day of walking/hiking.

I never used with a pack bigger than 30 litres. a larger pack would start to be troublesome around the 40-50 liter mark.

Ask me anything but be warned, I'm going to bed now but will answer tomorrow/later today.
>>
>>686676
> sarcastic shitpost
I get it.

You understand that a trashcan liner is several tiers below commie ponchos, which are several tiers below the Jerven bag?

You do get that?
>>
File: helsport.jpg (241 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
helsport.jpg
241 KB, 1200x1200
Jerven is pricey. Helsport is a competitor and made one that is a little bit cheaper. I haven't tested if the quality is any different, but Helsport generally makes pretty good equipment.
Just something to consider if you want to save a few bucks.
>>
>>686641
Pretty sure it can be worn over a 50L. You can choose between two different sizes, both should fit.
I'd say the standard one is good if you dont want it too warm. If you use thermo then it might be a bit warm. The jerven bag also has two small ventilation holes, that you can close with velcro. Pretty sure you also get a couple of sleeves with the bag, so you can cover your arms.
>>
>>685040
Visiting /k/ommando here...
wth did that guy do to that poor nugget?
>>
File: turjenter_elise_theoline.jpg (167 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
turjenter_elise_theoline.jpg
167 KB, 640x640
>>685002
Used it a lot. It's awesome.
>>
>>687469
She's awesome
>>
>>687385
It's pretty common that ww2 milsurp rifles ended up as hunting rifles with new stocks and so on. The nugget is not some holy relic that must stay untouched.
>>
>>687499
Agreed. There's a reason why you can buy a Mosin Nagant for like $125. They're not exactly collector items.
>>
>>686676
plasche palatkas are sexy as fuck. they were a great universal canvas square, back in the 1940s.
>>
>>687490
OMG, it's a girl, I must comment on it
>>
>>687732
Yeah ok whatever
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.