[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1453663438012.jpg (62 KB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
1453663438012.jpg
62 KB, 376x376
I'll be in Mesa AZ at the end of February and was wondering what /out/ related activities I'll be able to do there. Any fishing? Good hiking?
>>
There's a lot of community lakes throughout the Phoenix metro area that all got stocked with trout recently. Those would be a decent casual fishing spot.
>>
Canyon lake, Saguaro lake and the lower salt are within an hour of Mesa and would be great day trip spots for fishing.
>>
Camelback mountain is a really popular hiking spot, and there's a lot of hiking trails around the superstitions which is close to Mesa
>>
What kind of fish would be easiest to catch there this time of year?
>>
can anybody give me a walkthrough on buying base layers? I'm moving to Minnesota in a few weeks and have no base layers
Been thinking of going with Patagonia Capilene or Merino Thermal Weight because I've had good experience with their clothes before
But any help would be great
Money isn't an issue but I'm not gonna get anything by Snow Peak or White Mountaineering just to spend as much as possible; would like to keep myself within like a $200-300 budget for two sets
>>
>>683291
Trout fishing should be good right now. Bass I've heard is pretty slow. If you check the AZGFD website they have fishing reports weekly
>>
>>683490
Icebreaker merino is a good value, and would be in your price range
>>
So its been about 7 years since I last went camping and I don't remember shit about cooking while camping. Anybody got some websites or books they would recommend to get me refreshed?
>>
File: IMG_20151225_082552-1.jpg (341 KB, 1493x1167) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151225_082552-1.jpg
341 KB, 1493x1167
>>684391
> books

Used book store or online, pre-'70's is best. My best (and oldest btw)is '56.
>>
>>683009

If you anywhere in the desert in my state you better pick up your fucking trash you /out/sider.
>>
>>686725
Now I'm not going to
>>
>>683009
I searched catalog and this thread is food /out related
>>684674
>>
I want to fish around the world, where are the best places to go?
>>
>>688413
> What are "places with water", Alex?
>>
File: 20160214_204218.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160214_204218.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>688413
The ocean. It has more fish than any other body of water in the whole world combined!
>>
Why do some people call axes 'tactical' or 'combat ready' ? I thought axes were a tool
>>
>>689506
Because they're retarded.
>>
I'm looking for a good cheap underquilt for my hammock, the only one i found on amazon was some $400 ENO show
>>
>>691249
Enlightened Equipment, $225 if optioned properly.
>>
>>691269
jesus, nothing for under or around $100?
>>
>>691323
Camping in the cold isn't going to be cheap, unless you want to drag a sled.
>>
>>688314

good, I hope you get bit by diamond back then.
>>
Are forest nymphs real?
>>
>>691887
> mfw forest nymphomanics irl
>>
Besides food estimations or travel + costs how do you go about planning a trip for camping/hiking? How does one make the most informed decision about when and where to go and the most important details to know before going?

I am already equipped with essential gear (bag, tent, knives, weather proof clothes) and simply want to make sure I have a clear plan. I have not gone on many /out/ trips and previous ones were planned with the help of others.
>>
>>691887
Yes but they're all neckbeards that just jack off behind some bushes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.