[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /out/. I want to begin my journey with going outside.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: rapture_4.jpg (750 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rapture_4.jpg
750 KB, 1920x1080
Hello, /out/. I want to begin my journey with going outside.
But I don't wanna jump into the deep water just yet so I'd aim for one-day-long-trips in areas near my city. It will include lots of walking so I'd need some good and comfortable shoes for forest-like areas, can you recommend me some?
What type of equipment should I put into my backpack? Water, food, first aid kit (what should it include exactly?) anything else? Got also some swiss knife, dunno if it's good quality gonna figure it out soon I guess. Any special type of backpack for trips like this?
Been thinking about purchasing some baton weapon for self-defense purposes and general usefulness (such as going through thickets etc.) since guns aren't allowed in yurop. Is it a good idea?

The last least important question: do you guys know any cheap camera which will take good photos of landscapes? I think it'll be good to memorize such trips.
>>
What shoes do you currently have? If you have any running shoes they will work for walking. Pretty much any sneakers will work.

You don't need any special gear, just a backpack to hold some snacks, maybe an extra jacket, and water.

Don't get a baton, you don't need self-defense while /out/ting in Europe.
>>
>>682395
All you really need for a one day trip is a bottle of water and a jacket
>>
>>682395
We really need a wiki, this thread gets posted every day.

MODS
>>
>>682397
I have mostly low shoes, I've been thinking about getting at least some mids because of the environment.
>>
>>682395
A one day trip like others have said doesn't require much
Just about any backpack will do
Bring this
>1-2 liters of water depending on distance
>trail snacks
>???
>friends?
>no baton
>pocket knife
>a basic FAK Bandaids, alcohol swabs, cotton balls, some pain killers of you choice, ointment if you want, butterfly Bandaids (exceptionally important), and ???

You will be fine with above other things to consider

>water resistant jacket
>2-3 fire starting methods (water proof matches, lighter, ferro rod for me)
>map and compass (learn to use these it's not too hard)
>time keeping devices (a phone, watch, or wall clock) know when sunset is so you know how long you have until dark
>at least 1 bring colored piece of cloth or gear for possible signaling
>maybe signal mirror? (Not that necessary)
>small flashlight with 1 extra set of batteries (test brightness ahead of time)
>fixed blade knife (doesn't have to be fancy, maybe a mora, a fixed blade just gives more options than a folder)

Things to do ahead of time
>Fucking tell people where you are going and when you will be back!
>tell your friends that go with you to tell people where they are going and when they will be back
>actually tell the people when you get back
>know they area you are going (google a map and give a little look around make note of landmarks like rivers mountains and cities)
>turn off phone if you might lose signal (keep it charged for emergencies)
>be smart

Sounds a little overwhelming but after a trip you'll realize what you need and don't just make sure you stay safe and pay attention to the things I said to do at the bottom
>>
>>682475
late reply but thank you for tips!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.