[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I wear jeans and a cotton shirt while /out/ >I go /out/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: trail closed.jpg (118 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
trail closed.jpg
118 KB, 900x600
>I wear jeans and a cotton shirt while /out/
>I go /out/ alone
>I don't tell people where I'm going or what I'm doing
>I don't bring a GPS or any kind of personal locator beacon
>I drink from streams without filtering or using antibacterial tablets
Please, tell me what an inexperienced outdoorsman I am. What other "rules" can I break?
>>
File: Badass.jpg (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Badass.jpg
73 KB, 400x400
>>681463
>>I drink from streams without filtering or using antibacterial tablets
>>
>>681465
I know, I'm pretty hardcore right.
>>
>>681463

oh how i envy you. I have a cattle farm about a mile upstream from my creek, i've drank water from it before, but even after boiling that shit for an hour its still terrible. I just once would like to drink from an ice cold glacier run off knowing its clean.

and yes, I know I was drinking shit water, the power was out, so I had no water, and I will take boiled shit over acid snow any day of the weak.
>>
>wears cotton clothes in conditions where it doesn't matter, which is basically any time you aren't wet and below freezing.

>doesn't tell people where he is going, which is always some day hike with cell reception

>took a few sips from a stream and didn't die and now acts like he discovered Ponce de Leon's fountain of youth.

Pretty inexperienced, alright.
>>
>>681472
>Not checking the weather forecast before going camping so you don't spend days out in the rain

>Needing to rely on other people when you get into a bad situation you weren't prepared for

>Living in a third world country were all the water sauces are full of shit and dead people

It's a hard life being this inexperienced.
>>
>>681484
Rain is fun if you dress right and hell if you don't. If you still have post-adolescent invincibility syndrome that's your own business, but your inexperience is showing. If you live in or downhill from an agricultural area, all the water sources are full of shit and /or agricultural chemicals.
>>
>>681490
Well it's lucky I don't camp in an agricultural area isn't it. It's also nice living in a region that enforces a high standard of environmental protection when it comes to industrial/agricultural waste.
>>
>>681463
what kinda pussy does this anyways
>>
>>681504
the type that also needs a rape whistle.
>>
>>681504
The kind of person who through-hikes weeks long treks into avalanche prone mountains far from civilization.

So you don't need to ever worry about it, no.
>>
>>681484
>It's a hard life being this inexperienced.
Sounds like a pretty easy life to me since you've clearly never done anything real.

(unless you don't like being a joke, then I guess it's hard.)
>>
>>681463
I do the same, except the last one and when I sleep outside, I let people know where.
>>
>>681463
Heres a few for you to break.

Never keep your finger on the trigger.

Never look down the barrel.

Never clean your firearm without making sure its unloaded.

Do all three. Post results in form of livestream.
>>
>>681463
>>I wear jeans and a cotton shirt while /out/
If it's warm enough to go on a hike in a T-shirt, you're probably not in any danger of freezing to death because your base layer soaked through.
>>I go /out/ alone
Nothing wrong with that.
>>I don't tell people where I'm going or what I'm doing
Again, nothing wrong with that. I personally don't even have anyone to tell.
>>I don't bring a GPS or any kind of personal locator beacon
You probably wouldn't even have a use for one if you're not going to leave the trail.
>>I drink from streams without filtering or using antibacterial tablets
>Ayy senpai how u want ur digestive tract
>Just infect my shit up
>>
The only time wearing cotton could kill you besides winter is if you're some skinny DYEL with no natural insulation.
>>
>>681552
>not going to leave the trail
Did you miss OP's picture?
>>
>>681463
I do all that shit except going alone. Only fucking burgers have to fitler their water bc of shitty americans pollution standards. Also fuck GPS, me and my friends dont even bring more than a sketch of the rivers in the area so we can follow something back to civilization
>>
>>681598
Most water filters don't remove chemical pollutants. If you're a eurofag, it's not like you'll ever be more than a few miles from civilization no matter where you go so getting lost isn't a real danger anyway.
>>
>>681605
active charcoal filters remove everything pretty much.
they will remove the chlorine from tap water even.
>>
>>681463
Well I don't know if you're an experienced hiker or not, but you're a world class attention whore.
>>
>>681638
he never showed his penis tho so there is room for progress
>>
>>681463

Other than streams, nothing there seems out of ordinary, especially if you just stick to tourist trails and parks.
>>
>>681606

A bottle of iodine is the best (see: easiest) for sterilizing water.
>>
>>681663
Just don't drink crappy water. I drink the good stuff from the cold rushing streams so no stagnation.
>>
>>681669

O, of course.

I only take the iodine with me in case I have to stay out longer than I planned.
>>
>>681605
I hike in north scandinavia no filter needed. Sometimes i boil the water, but only if i dont take water from a small stream
>>
>>681468
Not especially desu baka senpai
>>
I hike in jeans all the time, I dont get the issue with it. Am I retard?
>>
>I wear jeans and a cotton shirt while /out/
My fall/spring hikes are normally jeans and a 50/50 cotton/poly blend ultra light weight shirt. Do rock under armour compression boxers under it though

>I go /out/ alone
80% of the hikes I do are all alone

>I don't tell people where I'm going or what I'm doing
Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. I live alone and really dont talk to mom or dad a lot

Only got my cellphone with me

Depends on where i'm at and if I truth the water or not. A fast moving stream deep in the wilderness? Sure. Though I do keep a Katadyn Hiker hiker with me on most trips, I use it to keep my hydration bladder filled

Most dangerous thing I do in the wilderness is sometimes I smoke weed at the campfire before bed.
>>
>>681578
No, but I googled it and it seems to have come from www.ncc-ccn.gc.ca so I'm still not even sure OP is anything other than a Fig Newton of my imagination.
>>
>You're not a fag
>You actually go /out/

I think that's the two biggest /out/ rules you can break here
>>
>>681463
Trails are like golf courses. They're always open.
>>
>>684223
night golf is fun but a total pain in the ass. I used to play a shitload and typically played the last 3 holes in darkness. You get really good at hitting a 5 iron 170 and straight.
>>
Unless you're doing a particularly challenging hike, like 20+ miles or 6,000+ ft elev gain, those guidelines don't really matter. I'm guessing your hikes are more like short walks in the woods with 3-5 bars of cell reception.
>>
i'll be honest i've been going /out/ for years and it wasn't until bear grylls gained popularity that i ever realized people filter their water i've never had a bad time drinking from streams or water sources, best i've had was a tiny waterfall in wales where the water just trickled down the rock front , shit was cash
>>
Why is itt so tldr?

Cause I skipped most sll the bs replies?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.