[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a multipurpose backpack/rucksack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14
I need a bag that i could carry on my back with all my gear for camping for a few days but i need it to also not look ridiculous for a bag to carry my books in at college. It also needs to be under or around 50 dollars. Does /out/ have any advice.

Also the picture is of a bag i would like to get but the frame on it is not removable
>>
>>681050
>for a few days
You are talking 40L+ category for a few days, that is to big to make for a comfortable college daypack.
Just get a cheap Eastman or Jansport for college and a hiking pack for outdoors.
>>
The answer is always Kelty Redwing.
>>
>>681058
this + craigslist/thrift/consignment store
>>
inb4 whipsnake?

>le crevasse
>>
>>681050
why don't you just put your school books in your purse, nancy?
>>
>>681050
Bigger than 40L would be too much. I use a 40L for collage bag, and it is useful for day hikes. If you plan in hiking 4+ hours I would also suggest a bag with waist belt. In price range you don't get a known brand, look at your local wallmart/citystore for any bag - chances are that you would not find something useful.
If I was you I would keep it as over nighters, find a bag around 40L you think look nice, useful for campus, one big room, and some good shoulder straps. For anything that requires 3+ days, use something 60L with a waist belt.
>>
File: you're kidding, right.jpg (39 KB, 552x739) Image search: [Google]
you're kidding, right.jpg
39 KB, 552x739
>bringing books to class
>mfw

unless you need a lab manual all you need is something to take notes in.
>>
File: ola fagola.jpg (51 KB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
ola fagola.jpg
51 KB, 400x371
>>681050
Here you go man, its under 50 dollars and its even endorsed by mexico's number one survivalist and explorer.

Enjoy, you'll be a pussy magnet in no time.
>>
>>681050
Swedish lk35 on ebay. Used is 35-40 new is around 60. I love mine. No pics though. Great pack for weekend trips and I plan on making modifications to it. It also looks similar to yours with a metal frame. I would suggest a kidney belt if you plan on long hikes with it but I'm alright without one in mine.
>>
>>681665
Ah, never mind OP. I didn't realize you needed it to take books to class too. Should have read the entire post. But a sad note: what you're looking for doesn't exist and especially in that price range if you find a pack that does last with repeated abuse you're looking at a semester at best before buying a new one. You're better off buying 2 packs. If your justification is that you CAN'T buy 2 then you may want to hold off on camping for a while, sadly.
>Stylish book bag
>Camp pack
Pick one.
Outside of the movies a dual pack that's stylish like that doesn't exist.
>>
Anyone have any experience with the 5.11 rush 72? Considering buying one
>>
File: 58602_328_Alternate4.jpg (136 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
58602_328_Alternate4.jpg
136 KB, 1000x1000
I bought one and returned it the next day. Decided it really wasn't what I was looking for, but it was definitely nicely made.

I felt it had too many compartments. Seemed quite heavy for its size too. Didn't like the front bit held on with the buckle straps.
>>
>>681114
I've had classes that you needed to have the book. Not to mention you can do work on downtimes between classes.

Lurkin for interest.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (74 KB, 983x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
74 KB, 983x1000
>>681050
I personally use an old BW Mountaintrooper rucksack. If you have a pouch for laptop you can get it without the isolation mattress. Pic partly related, not mine, but there isnt a difference.

Also one of the pros is that it is incredible cheap (they go for around 20 euro, with the isolation mattress as back"softener" for arbout 30) and robust if you dont get a cheap chineese knockoff.
>>
>>681069
>>681058
This
>>681050
I'd say a Medium Allice pack, take off the frame when not camping .
>>
File: 2015-11-20 01.12.19.png (353 KB, 615x611) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20 01.12.19.png
353 KB, 615x611
>>681089
>intimidate your surroundings.
>>
>>681050
Where are bags like the one pictured available?
>>
US Assault Pack II (36L)
Using ist for books and hiking..
>>
File: 2013-06-06103430_zpsbedf159b.jpg (198 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-06103430_zpsbedf159b.jpg
198 KB, 1024x768
Anyone know what type of pack or who the manufacture of it is?
>>
File: ALICE pack.jpg (18 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
ALICE pack.jpg
18 KB, 300x284
>>684691
Alice is the way to go as far as cheap rucksacks are concerned.
Alternatively, you could get alice suspenders+web belt+buttpack if you keep it to bare essentials.
>>
>>686120
No idea, but I find the bunker more interesting than the backpack.

No rain cover, wasted space between the side pockets. Looks like the main compartment is tiny and I don't like it. Why exactly are you interested in this backpack?
>>
>>684007
That looks great where did you get yours?
>>
>>686120
Is a german 40l or 45l i cant remember rucksack they are cheap and have a ruber liner and are super cheap but durable like in the $30 area
>>
>>686205
Just some picture that I found online and I was kind of interested in seeing how the pack was laid out.

>>686686
Thanks Ill try to to look it up by the information you gave me.
>>
>>681050
>that pic
daily reminder that surplus packs are the fedora of /out/
>>
>>686338
Varusteleka, although they will be sold by almost any shop which sells Bundeswehr stuff.
>>
File: 1448117151661.png (271 KB, 386x437) Image search: [Google]
1448117151661.png
271 KB, 386x437
>>681564
underrated post
>>
>>686838

Nobody gives a fuck mate, we are not 12
>>
>>686849
That is fucking cool, that guy looks just like PC Principal on the television show South Park.
>>
File: 1453828995573.jpg (43 KB, 334x339) Image search: [Google]
1453828995573.jpg
43 KB, 334x339
>>686838
>cheap durable packs are fedora tier
Fucking why?
>>
>>681050
Check out Direct Action, Maxpedition, and SpecOps brand.

Direct Action makes bags many people swear by. Their Dragon Egg sounds up your alley; fits 25L, has a 48x27x18 cm main compartment, has hydration compartments that are made to also fit 15" notebooks and is MOLLE/PALS compatible while looking low-profile given how the MOLLE is attached. If that bag is too small take a look at their GHOST ( pic related ) which holds 28L without the detatachable 3.5L compartment. Both bags are made for outdoor use too.

The other two brands make similar products but you'll look a little more silly given they have your average-looking MOLLE webbing.
>>
>>686850
you cared enough to respond, you even tried throw shade :^)

>>687070
because of the mental process the person goes through when selecting one: they want to be unique and special snowflakes and think that 50 year old packs with 75 year old technology are actually something that makes them look more /out/ than you when everyone who actually goes out on a regular basis just thinks they are one of those autistic youtube tier preppers, you know the same way fedora wearers want to be unique and special snowflakes and think that a fashion that died out 50 years ago will make them more classy than you when everyone who actually is considered well dressed today just thinks they are autistic neckbeards virigns.
>>
>>687097
Anon, my friend, do you know of any other decent sized bags (40-70L) that have a detachable day pack, similar to your pic? I've been looking at a couple from Guerrilla Packs but am still not sure about them.
>>
>>687152
Maxpedition makes some smaller packs that attach on to their backpacks using the MOLLE system. I sadly don't have an answer for you, though and recommend asking in >>665637

If what bothers you about the pic is the camo you can hopefully find comfort in the fact you can get the backpack in solid black, coyote brown and olive green colors.
>>
>>687152

Went and got a pic ( pic related ) of DA's Dragon Egg pack in the brown I mentioned in >>687165
>>
>>687113
>buying a backpack for style
Does anyone actually do that? I use a large alice pack because it was cheap, lightweight, and durable. Who gives a shit about style? Because those would be the real autists
>>
>>687197
People who say milsurp or tac gear would get them outed in a shtf scenario have never lived in a big city. Or any city. Every homeless I see has milsurp on. If anything, wearing a six hundred dollar osprey will set you apart more than anything as an autist prepper.
>>
File: eCOw3T0.gif (1003 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
eCOw3T0.gif
1003 KB, 400x288
>>687197
>Does anyone actually do that?
everyone does, whether you want to admit it or not

>Who gives a shit about style?
ok you clearly have delusions of being an operator, alice is not the cheapest, its is heavy as fuck(why you lying to yourself?), and nowhere near as durable as other options at even the same price range

>>687207
>People who say milsurp or tac gear would get them outed in a shtf scenario
this thread is about camping

>Or any city. Every homeless I see has milsurp on.
you didnt bother reading the thread, did you?

>wearing a six hundred dollar osprey will set you apart more than anything as an autist prepper.
and confirmed for not reading the thread
>>
>>687271
>alice is not the cheapest, its is heavy as fuck(why you lying to yourself?), and nowhere near as durable as other options at even the same price range
Alice is cheap as fuck if you're in america.
A framed large alice pack weighs fucking nothing (I just took all the shit out of mine and checked)
Name a better pack you can get for >$40
>>
>>687310
For >$40? Well considering I can spend anything over $40, I will start looking.
>>
>>687345
*<$40
My b
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.