[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Panning on thru hiking the AT anything I should know. Am an experienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Map_of_Appalachian_Trail.png (45 KB, 280x183) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Appalachian_Trail.png
45 KB, 280x183
Panning on thru hiking the AT anything I should know. Am an experienced hiker
>>
>>678222
You'll be eating six thousand calories per day, and you're packing a lot of unnecessary gear, lighten your load.
>>
>>678222
1. Start with your dominant foot when getting out of the car
2. Proceed by placing your non dominant foot in front of it
3. Then lift your dominant foot and place in front of non dominant
Repeat steps 2 and three until finished
>>
>>678222
love your shoes, your broken in shoes, both pairs of them
>>
>>678222
If you're an experienced hiker you'll be fine, just don't get caught by the town vortex too often and don't quit.
>>
>>678222

yeah, the AT and ozarks are shit

if you really dont mind a half ass trip and wasting all that effort for sub par scenery, than go for it

but you should really just take your dumb lazy ass out west
notice how the west actually has mountains

CA is the best state for hiking, period
start there
>>
>>678867
NH to Maine AT is pretty sweet, sure, not the Rockies but that's OK with me.
>>
>>678934
NY is nice too, just skip the lower 2/3 of the AT
>>
>>678222
WHY DOES THIS THREAD EXIST EVERY WEEK THERE ARE SO MANY ONLINE RESOURCES ALREADY WRITTEN ON THRU HIKING GODAMMNIT FUCK

>>678867
stop that.
>>
>>681414
Why does anyone talk about stuff, it's not like this is the only place they're going to get information from.
>>
>>678222
>an experienced hiker
>asks for advice on a latvian wood carving forum
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.